Passport validity

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

My grand daughter is due to visit us in June and her passport expires in October. I understand that some airlines require passports to be valid for some time after the a flight (Cannot understand why) Does anyone have any idea how Monarch and BMI baby stand on this?

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 10:45 AM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi Acapulca  l to would like to know more on this as my passport expires in Oct also. Flying with bmi baby.Pat.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 10:50 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

If you are travelling on an EU passport (British applies) then there is no limitation, I believe.  I think that mainly applies to countries where you would require a visa to enter - not the EU.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 10:51 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi there Acapulco.

I went to Turkey years ago & needed my passport to be valid for 6 months after my return. I believe I read on another forum about passport validity & it seems if you're going to another EU country you can use your passport up to the last day.

Just googled & that is correct.  from The Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

It says :

Passport validity

A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Spain.  There is no minimum passport validity requirement but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the proposed period of your stay.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 1:40 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

I also had this question a few weeks ago, and went straight to the horse's mouth for the answer. ..I phoned the Spanish Embassy in London. They told me that as long as the passport was "in date" for the period of the trip then there would be no problem at all.

...just hope the airlines don't get stupid about this...even though we would be in the right, it's not an argument that you would want to have at the gate with a queue of impatient passengers behind you!

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 3:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We went to Spain in July last year and the Wife's passport ran out mid August. No problem.

Mark

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 4:26 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Thanks folks, query sorted.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 3:41 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi everyone thanks from me also.Pat.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 4:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I remember seeing this issue on one of the reality tv shows, I thinkl the one with easyjey. Guy was refused as it was out of date.

It has to be in date for travel, but no issues how much the length of time is for tracel in the EU

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x