Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I saw this & knew you would enjoy it. Taken from HERE

Do not adjust your set—it could be your bra!

Over the past few weeks Chanel+ have received thousands of complaints regarding the quality of their TV signals. Chanal+ have had to recruit extra staff to cope with the many angry customers who have contacted their help lines.

The television company was at a loss as to what was causing the problem, until a chance purchase by one of the wives of the investigative technicians, purchased an underwired bra from Zoco Market in Algorfa.

It appears a consignment of faulty bras have been sold in Zoco Market over the past two weeks by the Staffordshire store holder, Dwaine Pipe.

Over 10,000 brassieres made by a local manufacturer in Staffordshire, where Dwaine purchases his bras, have developed a serious problem. Apparently the support wire in the bras have been fashioned out of specially treated copper. This copper wire had originally been designed for use in fire alarms, but when it comes into contact with nylon and body heat, it produces static electricity. This static electricity, in turn, is then being emitted by the hundreds of unsuspecting women in the Zoco area, causing interference with the reception of television signals throughout the vicinity of Algorfa.

Not all of Dwaine’s bras have the wrong wiring, and ladies can perform a simple test to see if their bra is causing such interference:  “After wearing the bra for at least half an hour, take it off and shake it a few inches above the TV.”

If customers can demonstrate evidence regarding the fault, Dwaine is offering a complete refund.

Of COURSE it WAS posted April Fool's Day.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/11/2009.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 10:30 AM by roylps Star rating in balsicas, murcia. 56 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado

I think you were 10 days late, Aprl fools day was April 1st  not the 11th

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 10:48 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Roy, I'm aware April Fools Day's April 1st but I only saw this yesterday & thought it funny. I decided, with so much doom & gloom on the forum, I'd lighten it up a trifle. I'm not here as much as I was so I miss 'stuff' I'd have otherwise seen a lot earlier than I currently do.

Hope all's well with you.

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 9:01 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Love it Morerosada!  had to get D. to read it and we had a great laugh.

Great when you come on again. You bring such variety!!

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts
Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts
Mercury.es anyone have any good experiences etc? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x