how bad is the market?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by ciara4040 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

has anyone actually sold any property recently on the costa del sol?

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 7:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Don't know about the CDS but on the CB they are still selling.  Many properties up for sale and estate agents going out of business but private sales, at realistic prices, seem to be booming.  I was over last month and the notary was packed with people (all nationalities) signing up as was the solicitors.  Two houses in my street were sold within a couple of weeks, one to a Spanish family from Madrid who wanted it as a holiday home and the other to a British couple who had been renting in the area. Some of the bigger agents are still sticking an unrealistic 10 to 15 percent on top of the asking price whilst others are being a bit more real-worldly and charging 3%.  Also noticed a couple of places that have been on the market for some time and they are still charging last years prices despite the pounds crash.  For example, a two bed flat for 135000 euros still up for the same price even though this will have increase the pound cost by around 35000 pounds.  Others, who have reduced to 100000 euros (still getting the 100000 pounds) have had no problem.

New, off-plan building appear to have stopped with one huge site in Torrevieja coming to a complete halt even though all the roads, lighting, parks etc have been completed.  Just no houses going up and it has been like that since September last year.

Unfortunately, some expats have realised that they can no longer afford it here as the pound drops and cost of living goes ever higher.  Because of this, a lot of property has come on to the market at the same time and, while a lot of it is moving, others read the newspapers which keep harping on about property going down and not yet reaching bottom so some people are waiting until it does reach the lowest possible.  Plus banks are now very wary about giving out mortgages as so many people are simply handing the keys in and going home which leaves the banks with a lot of property on their hands which I am sure they don't want. 

It is also getting harder in UK, France, Germany and other places which means people just don't have the available funds and don't want to take on extra debt when everything is so much up in the air.  Mind you, pound is rallying, inflation is decreasing and some experts (remember those financial experts?  Good, weren't they?) reckon the worst will be over in 6 months time. 

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 11:03 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes still selling on the CDS, but only if the prices are good. Mainly Spanish, although Finnish and Scandinavians also out looking. Was at notary last week, but it wasnt packed!

Back again this week so will let you know how many people are there, bearing in mind an average sale has around 6 people attending!!

Quiet at the moment due to Easter break, it should pick up again until june then go quiet again for summer. Normal trade basically!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 8:15 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

I am selling a small appart. on CB but whilst there have been a couple of vists, no takers. And it is well reduced in price offers around 45K.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 11:19 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes there are lots of viewers. People for second homes tend to be quite choosy and with so much to choose from, often cant make their minds up! Good luck with the sale

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 11:29 AM by ciara4040 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

hopefully we'll seel soon! it's in the puerto banus area near the bullring so hopefully there will be some interest soon! really need to sell soon so if you know of anyone who'd interested they would be guaranteed an excellent price!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 2:10 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

The last few weeks have seen such a massive turn around in people looking it has been like a mini revival.........

I am so busy i have had to take on a new memeber of staff........

Long may it continue........

Bad Market???  all the clever people are now buying......

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 2:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ciara, can you pm me with the info of the proeprty please? Its in my area.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 3:03 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"Bad Market???  all the clever people are now buying......"

Hmm!

Wasn't that what I said a little while ago and got clobbered for being a 'spin doctor' by a certain guy who's name reminds me less of wisdom but certainly of what you find on a beach!

I've been saying for months, IF you want to buy AND can afford it, then NOW is the time to do it, as Mortgage rates will go up eventually and prices won't go down much further now.

Look at the UK... I've been waiting to sell in the UK and NOW I'm putting our property on the market for the 1st time, with everything done that needed doing the Estate Agent, who is a well respected and trusted local agent who we have used before, told me as our asking prices is very realistic, it will sell very quickly!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 8:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Good luck Techno

It certainly is getting much better in Cardiff. The sales are coming in so hopefully we're over the worst. As you say, as long as it's priced reastically it will sell. Look forward to hearing you telling us you have an offer

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 4/15/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x