Visa electron

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

I use a Visa electron card issued by Smile bank to book flights with Ryanair - it is the only card you can use with ryanair for free. My friend is about to book some Ryanair flights, does anybody know which other banks issue Visa electron cards?

Like 0      
14 Apr 2009 12:00 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

The Halifax do Visa electron, which we also use to book Ryanair flights.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 9:21 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

thanks Sue

I've let her know.

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 8:22 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

The abbey also do visa electron,

Shirley

Like 0      
15 Apr 2009 8:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Most banks do actually give Visa Electron cards with different accounts.

We were discussing this a while ago. I just can't locate the thread.

The new search facility leaves a lot to be desired.

I knew who posted in it but we now can only find the last 20 posts each member has made, not all of them so it makes it impossible to find some things.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 8:20 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Oh Dear

With all the talk of visa electron, ive been hunting about on the internet for one,but now I find, low and behold ive already got one

Thanks to Suemac, I looked at my Halifax ES card and yes its electron.

So my question is, if I use this card to buy our flights, are flights the same price pro rata booked in euros?, or do they make more money out of the british for this.

Steve

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 8:27 AM by sterling Star rating in Kent & Partaloa, Alm.... 206 posts Send private message

This is very interesting,

I noticed that Ryanair didn't charge if booked with Electron. I spoke to customer service and they said this was only temporary though!

I asked my bank (Natwest) if they did one and they said no, so it's great that you have given alternative bank that I can apply  to.

Thanks a bunch

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 8:57 AM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

I used my Halifax es Electron card for 2 flights purchased this weekend.  Flights cost £40 each, and no charge for use of card.  It looks like they have come in at €55 each, but can't see the entries, so don't know if that is bank charges, or a duff exchange rate - they were bought as seperate transactions so may double up on charges, but either way doesn't look like I saved anything over the £10 charge!!  Will update when I see the transactions (may have to find a UK Electron card).

Ted

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 9:46 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

Just been on Easyjet and Monarch simulating a booking on June 10th from Luton to Malaga, 1 way only with no hold bag or insurance the price was 48.99 EJ and 69.64 Mon, no charges for electron.

I then tried the very same on Easyjet ES and the Spanish Monarch, prices were identical, and stated in GBP, the conversion to euro is obviously done after the final confirm is pressed.

Steve

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 9:41 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

Got my bank statement at last. I used my halifax.es visa electron card - £40 flight converted to €44, no additional charges.  My confusion below was because the second ticket was £58 and I hadn't realised.  So use Spanish Halifax Electron card for RyanAir bookings and save the £10!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Forum signatures need sorting - Your input please - 48 posts
Any recommend a good chiropractor between Gibraltar and Marbella? - 7 posts
Looking for Paul Tobias - 1 posts
how bad is the market? - 9 posts
West Highland White Terrier Puppy wanted - 1 posts
Wireless Internet - 10 posts
Passport validity - 8 posts
How to access the online form for Resident Income Tax 2008 - 9 posts
Vandalism! - 4 posts
Can I delay my completion based on a lack of insurance underwriting of my rental scheme? - 1 posts
Spanish 'Highway Code' - 1 posts
Is there a time limit to issue the LFO and is a back-dated LFO legal? - 5 posts
Chinese - 15 posts
Size of Pump - 2 posts
Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x