Size of Pump

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar

Hi...

Does anyone have any experience of choosing a pump for irrigation of land from a deposito?

I have found multiple pumps but of course I don't quite understand the criteria...

CAUDAL MÁXIMO - MAXIMUM FLOW

ALTURA MÁXIMA  -MAXIMUM HEIGHT

So my question is...does Maximum height relate to the max height the pump can suck water from, ie the bottom of my deposito?

Many thanks

Avid Gardener

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 11:23 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hello,

the common or cheaper pumps are submersible, they do not suck but blow and they don't need to be primed to get them started.

The height they pump is the measure of how deep you can position them but you can piggy-back them in stages.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 11:31 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I imagine it relates flow to head, as in the UK. The maximum flow will have been rated to a certain height (head). Basically a pump rated at (for example) 20,000 litres per hour at a head of 0.5m will produce less flow the higher the water is pumped. If that same pump had to pump water to a height of 3 metres, the flow would drop considerably.

The head of water is taken from the time the pipe leaves the water to the height extremity, so, your pump could be 1 metre under water and the water outflow could be 3m high making 4 metres between opump and outlet. Because the pump is 1 metre underwater, the head is only 3 metres. Does that make sense?

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Chanel+, do not adjust your set - 3 posts
Telmicro fights back ! - 0 posts
electricity question. - 6 posts
Buyers on Ochando Be Aware - 0 posts
Ryanair ... - 42 posts
Alicante - 0 posts
Monarch increase hold baggage price! - 17 posts
pool safety - 3 posts
Can I withhold some of my community fees? - 1 posts
PLEASE HELP RE CANNOT ACCESS E-MAILS FROM YAHOO - 10 posts
Advice required re non completion of amenities. Can we withdraw from contract due to this? - 18 posts
Bankruptcy check estate agent /developer - 1 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Interested in exchanging? We are searching for a property on the Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Certificate of habitation - 8 posts
I need a 3 bed and 2 bed Estepona to Manilva - 3 posts
Expired ITV Help! - 6 posts
Directions to Torremolinas please - 5 posts
PROBLEMS WITH YAHOO. - 3 posts
Items for Sale - 0 posts
Happy Easter EOS - 5 posts
MAYMAR RESTAURANT, CATRAL - 2 posts
Modelo 212 - 11 posts
Driving Ban - 26 posts
Londoner - Barclays Spain - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x