Update

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2007 10:42 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Oh Georgia, the old fag runners eh, and you fed them too! Disgusting and shameful. Still until we have made all the mistakes for ourselves we seem to be fighting for an honourable exhistence, hoping to be ethical estate agents. It only takes a few of these experiences before we become cynical and hard nosed. But we don´t have to become greedy and crooked. There is a middle way. We don´t get very rich but we become choosy with our inspection trips. I let the clients pay for the whole thing and give them back €500 if they buy, even then only on completion in case they cancel and the developer takes back my commission. Let´s hope they run into a customs officer very soon. Keep some marigolds ready just in case!!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 11:04 AM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Gillespie - you're hilarious, you should be writing headlines for the tabloids or broadsheets! I haven't seen the Queen movie but she won all the awards didn't she?

What about the S.TIMES...'CROCODILES LOOSE IN DISNEY"

Georgia, your story is horrendous, I totally agree with Gillespie, we never did 'Inspection Trips' and never would, if a buyer is serious they will not think twice about paying for their own flights and hotel. I really hope they get stitched up at customs big time. You should have charged the full amount of the trip to their creidt card for costing you money and having the audasity to admit to it. This sort of person should be ashamed of themselves, in my opinion that's the same as stealing from you. Don't do the subsidised thing, people try to use and abuse it...only if you let them.

Most of our clients buy our salespeople lunch, not the other way round! They're true buyers.

There's a well known saying about people with budgets and wishes and that's 'buyers can be liers' yes some agents are liers too but sometimes I wish clients would realise if they tell us exactly what they want before they arrive, it saves a lot of time for the client, of course people can change their mind when they get here for example, they may decide that they will look at townouses as well as apartments so sales people have to have excellent product knowledge and be able to think on their feet but it would help much more if clients told the truth too!!

What about the clients that want everything before they get here...floor plans, spec, full photos, exact location etc, then they say they're not buying for another 6 months. OK I'll speak to you then, when what I have just given you will probably be sold! There's a limit to what you can do on the phone, some properties look far better in real viewings.

Rixxy, totally agree with your story, sellers can be even worse, my original story shows a little bit of that.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 11:50 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh now - dont get me started. All buyers are liars - most agents are as well so why oh why do I have to spend so much of my precious time arguing with another idiot owner who has been told his property is worth 280,000 euros by another agent (yup Duquesa) and then comes to me who auctions off for a living?

Whats the sense in that? If they reckon they can get that amount then bugger off to the local agent who sold it to them

Dont you just love the 'amount of money' they have made since buying the place??

WAIT TIL YOU SELL IT THEN SPEAK TO ME

And amazing how many come back after a year to us... THEN I tell them its worth less cos they waited around.

My buyers love me!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:15 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Very true Gillespie,needless to say we have changed our policy since that experience and now only do inspection trips if the clients pay themselved,we then pay for flights and hotel on completion of purchase.

I also had clients once that said they could only buy if there son who had been electronically tagged could come to Spain with them!This was on day three of the trip and when i said i did not think this would be possible(putting it the nice way)they blamed me for misleading them!!

I never even knew they had a son let alone his criminal record.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:22 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
He he, electronic tags, now I´ve heard it all. Mind you there are some people on other boards that would have all Spanish property agents tagged!! Suits me fine, with the downturn is business these days I hardly go anywhere, the monitor station would fall asleep wth my bleep cosistently flashing in the bar next door to my office. I´ve asked the owner if he can put a network cable at my favourite table so I can mess about on this forum all day and get steadily P*$$ed!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Now THAT sounds like a brilliant idea - I was thinking of wireless but thats a better one as then you HAVE to be there...dont you???

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:27 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Emzhops - I´m not claiming my client was that famouse!! She was 10 years ago. THE DAILY MAIL - DIANA LOOK-ALIKE SAVAGED BY NILE CROCODILE EMPLOYED BY AL-FAYED!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:29 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Is Smiley employed by Al-Fayed??? 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:31 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Hey Rixxi I would put in a 2 point hub if you promised to come and have a drink with me. I´d hate to think of you having to trail 500km of network cable out of yer ragtop!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:36 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Sounds fun and if the weather were better I m so flippin quiet I reckon I would take you up on that one!

Dead innit!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:40 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Don't think so but if he is maybe he can get us some type of discount at Harrods to spend all our commission that us agents earcn so much!

Electronically tagged, ha that's so funny imaine that going through the x-ray machine at the airport! Oh my god, wonder what their budget was?!

Gillespie, now do the NEWS OF THE WORLD...they're so funny. Go on who was the actress...

Rixxy, same happens with us daily, we get phone calls from unknown clients always when they have to complete in like 4 weeks time and want us to try and sell it for them. I always ask them who sold it to you in the first place? What are they doing to help you? And it's always one of the big boys, and guess where the developments are...yup Duquesa, Casares always Arenal devs too, basically ones that we never trouched with a 10-foot barge pole in the first place. We know they are non-starter investments, what can you do, I always qualify if they can afford to complete because I'll be damned if we have interest for those type of developments. Most of the clients can't afford to complete, they are self-employed with no accounts, arrggh why weren't they qualified for completion before the agent even took the deposit in the first place, well don't answer that cause we know why, deposit = private contract = commission = bye bye client. It make me livid.  and then you get the know it all buyers that say it's saturated - yes - in those non viable areas but the legitimate developments WITH LFO's and bank valuations carried out on them that are in desirable urbs are maintaining value and steadily will increase as supply for those legitimate devs is at a halt.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:43 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Gosh - you have one with an LFO do you? Lucky you are you know!

Where are you based Emzhops?

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:43 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Dunno, where is smiley anyway?? I think he was spotted at the fresh antelope counter in Harrods

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:45 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Watch out - he can get snappy you know!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:49 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

yeah, not many though! When will the hit list be finalized do you think?

I'm in Marbella, office based and you?

Do they really sell fresh antelope in Harrods or are you just pulling our legs, maybe he's ordering that red flag for your actress lady client!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:51 PM by Emzhops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

D'oh just realised you're in Marbella too sorry Rixxy, it's all this forum talk cracking me up. Better go and do some more work now,just had a call from another off-planner wanting to sell! Oh JOY!

Have a great day people,

Emz

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 12:58 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
If I gave you the slightest clue you or Rixxi would twig it. I am dead concerned though cos in smileys last post he was eerily almost demanding to know where she lived, he could be lurking in her pool as we speake with his big eyes just above the water-line waiting to snap!!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 1:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Oh we wouldnt Gilespie - you're miles away on the colder coast!!!! Yes I bet he is there or on his way now - poor woman!

Good luck with the off planner Emz - oh and Gilespie - I am getting quite a few wanting to enter auction from your end - Im happy to send them your way if you like - after Ive given them a real shock about prices.

Let me know.

Have a great one boys

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 1:29 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Rixxi, do you mean people from Costa cal wanting to sell through your company. I know so little about you/your business, you can pm me if you like with more details, I´m always happy to help where I can.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 1:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
From all over Spain! Will PM you

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

problems getting in to see a show apartment - 17 posts
The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come??? - 151 posts
UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 415

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x