UK qualified teachers in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by helenx Star rating in Kent, UK (for now!). 4 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm new to this site and was wondering if any members are teachers working in Spain. I had an interview for a job last week but won't know if I've got the job until March..

We are definitely moving to Spain this summer so any info. about working in Spain would be great.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 5:54 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 9:02 AM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

Hi Helen

I am a teacher.  Before leaving the UK I studied for the CELTA qualification as there are numerous jobs in academies for teachers of english to the spanish.

If you just have your UK qualification and nothing else you may find the field a bit more limited.  Obviously you wouldn´t be able to teach Spanish children in a Spanish school (unless you are just the English teacher of course, but even then you ought to have an EFL qualification as well).

What else do you need to know?

Like 0      
06 May 2007 10:29 PM by gerryboland Star rating in ek and trampolin hil.... 119 posts Send private message

gerryboland´s avatar

Is it possible for uk quailfied PE teachers to get work in Spain with this qualification or do you need to have further qualifications? Is it possible to worrk in the International schools for example?

The reason I am asking is that our son would like to go and work and live in Spain Murcia region preferably.

thanks 

This message was last edited by gerryboland on 5/6/2007.

Like 0      
07 May 2007 10:48 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think most of the international schools here employ UK qualified teachers so your son should be ok.  I suppose it's just finding the actual job which will be tough!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 May 2007 4:33 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hiya Gerry,

If you get any more info on this let me know. My son is in college studying sport and leisure and also wants to move to Murcia to live and work. One of the young girls who worked with us has just gone over to Spain on a government scheme which pays for accommodation, food and includes 6 months Spanish language lessons. I am waiting for more info on this from her but if you know about it already maybe you could let me know.

Thanks Gina

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 8:29 PM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

good evening,love this site!

still flicking around trying to get my barings.looking for somewhere to rent for maybe 12 months and the prices seem not to bad to buy.the trouble is for us we need such a lot of space and need the bedrooms with 5 children.

im hoping to get some work once we have settled and the children are happy in their schools.i am a qualified holistic therapist .the treatments i do are aromatherapy/massage,reflexology,indian head,hot stone massage,hopi ear candles,healing and i teach baby massage.i will be qualified to teach adult learners in groups/workshops in all of the mentioned treatments buy the time we make the move to spain.

do you think there will be an interest in the work i do?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts
Brown's Restaurant Duquessa - 2 posts
sales jobs wanted - 1 posts
Agents And Property Valuations Done Properly - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x