Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi, just wondered if anyone could recommend furniture stores that deliver within a reasonable time frame, from stock (ie not having to wait four/six weeks for delivery!!).  We are planning to be in Duquesa for three weeks at end of March and would really like to get our apartment furnished within that period.  I know of some of the stores there (Imperial, RNA Decor, Furniture World, etc.) but just wondered if anyone had experience of delivery times with any local firms (we are not purchasing a package, we wish to buy individual items).

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 5:39 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Pitby it will be luck of the draw I am afraid - given a three week timeframe you are likely to be ok with some of the things but perhaps others will have to be imported specially - depends on what you buy. Alternative is to use a keyholder to let deliveries in if anyone there you can rely on.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 5:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 6:02 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Easier to wipe clean as well and the dust, sand etc doesnt get into the material - if you buy cloth make sure the covers removable and washable - they get dirtier quicker here than in the UK with sun tan lotions, red wine spillage etc - I AM STARTING TO REALLY WORRY ABOUT MYSELF AND THIS FEMALE THING - I MUST REMEMBER THAT I AM A BEER SWILLING, RUGBY WATCHING, LOO SEAT UP, BALLSCRATCHING MALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put throws on the leather in winter and you should be ok - BLOODY HELL THERE I GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 6:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks for the input!  We're like you Janice, we want fabric sofas for exactly the same reason, although, Smiley, we've also pondered the "easier to clean" aspect of leather!

We've also looked at IKEA in Seville and found a company who will meet us and deliver to the coast (for about 250 Euros I think), which could be a choice.  Has anybody any experience of this?  IKEA also do extra covers for their fabric sofas!!

So, Smiley, the loo seat up, eh?????    How thoughtful of you!!??!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/16/2007.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 7:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Smiley, just realised that you obviously meant "leave the loo seat up"!!!!  I'm constantly reminding my son to put the seat up before he goes, not put it down after!!

Back to topic: anyone with input on LCD TVs and microwaves?  We'll be looking to buy these and are probably just going to go to Carrefour in Estepona, but if anybody can suggest an alternative, would be appreciated!  We have no knowledge of buying anything on the coast, let alone electrical goods!

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 7:18 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 7:24 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
If it's good manners for a man to leave the seat down when he leaves, why isn't it good manners for a woman to leave the seat up when she leaves?

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 7:29 PM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

Hi Pitby,

Today I saw a sign in the "Finnici" store in Bel Air, just by the Rolls Royce fom Benamara going into Cancelada........ they were offering "packages" for 11,500.-  I think they ussualy run good stuff of good quality....... I have no idea about their delivery times.....

Cheers,

Juan

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 8:43 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Pitby, in Esteona you will find many furniture stores that you can browse around, mainly in the area near Carrefour, such as Sr. Nick which is very popular.  Also there is a big Gavira store opened up on the Casares roundabout which may be worth checking out too.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 4:17 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks for the feedback.  Hopefully, as we're there for three weeks, we won't have a problem buying from stock somewhere and having a pretty quick delivery.  I'm sure all these companies who do packages must have loads of stock!!  I'm quite looking forward to shopping around.

Anything on LCD TVs and microwaves?  Shall I just stick with Carrefour?  Or does anyone know of a good discount electrical place?

Thanks!

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 8:21 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We went looking at flatscreen TVs recently and found a really good selection at Boulanger in La Cañada, Marbella.  They do all electrical items and often have special offers.  Carrefour in Estpona doesn't really have much of a choice, although the one in Los Barrios (towards Aljeciras) has a better choice.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 12:28 PM by hfagan Star rating in Hove, East Sussex. 36 posts Send private message

hfagan´s avatar

Pitby, eighteen months ago I bought beds, chests of drawers and settees from Bernardo Munoz in Sabinillas.  Although some of their furniture is comparitively expensive it is worthwhile exploring all four floors because you can find some bargains there as well.  They also give a cash discount of about 15%.  My furniture was delivered the following day , the protective covering was removed from the settees and the beds assembled without any additional cost.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 12:44 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks - I think I've seen that name before or someone has mentioned them before.  Where exactly are they?  Are they near the Sabinillas roundabout somewhere?

In fact, thanks to all who have helped!  I think between this thread and DV thread, and some research online, I've just about got all the places ready to visit to furnish our apartment!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 1:50 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 2:31 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

Juan Panzon mentioned Finicci at Cancelada.

They offer really high quality and very stylish furniture and only a bit pricier than the normal run-of-the-mill stuff you see in any store. They have great flair for design when putting a personalised package together.  www.finicci.com

Bernardo Munoz in Sabinillas looks the complete opposite at first glance, as it appears to be very old fashioned, but when you fully explore the store, you can find everything you need.  They give good discounts for cash and the staff are really nice and helpful

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 3:22 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks, for that. Have actually been looking at Finicci's website for a while and really like some of their stuff. Thought I would have a look in there when we're there.

And, Janice, thanks. Fortunately we don't need the larger white goods, they are already installed. It's just TV, microwave, toaster, kettle, etc. That's about it.

PS And just love that little cat, Janice!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Pitby would agree about Finicci - electrical goods you probably cant beat IDEA in San Pedro (N340 slip road just before the petrol station Duquesa bound)  - much better deal than Boulangers and they will order anything - with Boulanger if it isnt in their stock range they cannot get it. Look for Jose Luis - very helpful although his English not great but they do have one or more English speakers there.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 6:22 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Thanks, Smiley.   Can we just buy the goods and take them with us at IDEA? I know that sounds daft, but the TV will be the biggest thing we'll want (and we're not going for a 40"!!!) and the rest are smaller kitchen appliances.  We want to just pick them up and take them home, rather than have to wait around for delivery.

Subject to that, I think we're just about sorted now for places to shop!!  Thanks for all the help everyone!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:40 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Dunno Jan sorry we ordered a truckload and had very specific requirements for a kitchen refurb - certainly some of the smaller things they keep in stock in the store and they have a warehouse on the side of the building - we also bought a Plasma at the same time as the order and could have had it there and then but chose not to - guess its luck of the draw really but seems they have a better stocking policy than a lot of the disocunt houses in the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts
Brown's Restaurant Duquessa - 2 posts
sales jobs wanted - 1 posts
Agents And Property Valuations Done Properly - 17 posts
A smiley for Smiley - 17 posts
How long is an Account Number ? - 9 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 3 posts
Club Security Vacancy Wanted - 3 posts
Electricity Voltage - 7 posts
Could you support the "Red Arrows"? - 44 posts
VPO Can anyone Advise - 19 posts
Driving routes through France and Spain - 36 posts
We want your happy stories ONLY - 359 posts
Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x