Invitation to attend meeting of administrators

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

We haven't completed yet on our house but we along with some others have recieved a letter inviting us to attend a General Extaordinary Meting  of residential dream hills 2 409-551 from a company called Servigest Torrevieja International S.L do I presume that these are the administrators selected by the developers to run our community.

If it is the problem that some of us raise is that not many of the properties would have been completed by then and they might push things through that we may not be able to stop.

Order of the day is as follows:

1.  Constituion of the community

2. Approval of the estimate of the exercise mar07/dic07 what does this mean

3. Election of Officers

thanks

conrad 

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 8:04 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It would certainly seem that this is an invitation by the administrator appointed by the developer. First question has to be, has the development received the first occupation licence yet? If not, you are not obliged to complete on the property, and therefore nobody can force you to form an official community yet (first item on the agenda). Second item is approving a budget for the rest of the year. Again, irrelevant if you haven't yet completed. Third item is regarding electing a president and vice president. Until these three points have been covered, nothing can "pushed through" as you fear, since any decisions have to be made according to the rules governing communities. The developer will have (by law) prodeced a set of "statutes" covering various things already, but nothing that you need worry about.

There's lots of other info about communities on this website that a worth reading to get yourself clued up before this meeting. Check out the other threads under Running A Community, and don't forget to read the articles on the Horizontal Property Act and, of course, A Year In The Life Of The President. (No, I don't get paid per click, more's the pity!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 9:10 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Thanks Roberto,

We haven't completed yet and don't expect to complete until end of March which is after the meeting and talking on our main forum for Dream Hills 2 it looks like there won't be too many of us who have completed if any at all that will be at the meeting does this make a difference

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 12:06 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I have to admit, I don't really understand what the point of holding this meeting is without the majority of buyers already completed on their properties.

I have a copy of the Horizontal Property Act in English (PDF) which I can send to you. It explains pretty much all the rules governing a community, which should help (and save me a lot of time!) I'm not sure if I can send it via a PM, if not I can send it by e-mail if you like.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:31 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Once you read that PDF format of Roberto, you will see that Admionistrators need to be democratically elected by the owners and never ( an much unadvisable) be imposed to you by developers. Much the contrary, it is essential that he/ she is fully independent of developers or you will be facing problems when trying to claim anything against the developers. Commun sense,isn´t it?

Before that meeting, go a find goog, honest, english speaking independent administrators in town who can attend that meeting as candidates to be elected. Their budgets and proposals will have to be sent to the owners of the Community before hand to be studied before the meeting.

Important!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Agree it is highly important Maria but so often impractical and usually the developer's brother, sister, aunt or cousin is appointed administrator until the community gets itself properly established.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 5:26 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Huh - no comment!!! And its ALWAYs someone to do with the developers who run it for the first year - put in plants and all the things the developer SHOULD have done, then sod off leaving it all to the remaining community members to pay!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2007 6:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Rixxy, it doesn't have to be that way for the whole of the first year. The Horizontal law states

"The term of office for all governing bodies of the community shall be of one calendar year unless

otherwise provided for by the community statutes.

The persons designated may be removed from their posts before the expiration of their term of office by a

resolution of the general assembly, convened to hold an extraordinary session."

The president can call a meeting at any time, or if 25 % of the owners request it. It's all detailed in the PDF file which I've already sent to several members. If you'd like a copy, feel free to PM me. It's handy to have with you at your community meeting when things start heating up!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Feb 2007 9:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
 Consejo General de Colegios de Administradores de Fincas´s webiste:  http://www.cgcafe.org/indexx.htm

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts
Brown's Restaurant Duquessa - 2 posts
sales jobs wanted - 1 posts
Agents And Property Valuations Done Properly - 17 posts
A smiley for Smiley - 17 posts
How long is an Account Number ? - 9 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 3 posts
Club Security Vacancy Wanted - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x