Property auction .Bids start from €100

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2017 3:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

My thoughts exactly. Problems I can get any day for free - no need to spend even €100 for more thank you! Just reading this thread is enough to put me off (if I was ever tempted, which I wasn't)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 3:21 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Quite right baz, unfortunately mans greed is usually blind.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 3:28 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Kavanagh - don't agree at all.

In 2002 or so I was sent details on Camposol properties.  Price wise they were attractive, but we decided against as it was already too big and the build quality was questionable.  15 years on, yes they are now extremely well priced, but the difference wasn't that great in 2002.  Of course the adverse PR and absence of Habitation Certificates is the reason that their price has tumbled relative to the rest of the local market.

So I don't think it's fair to criticise the people that bought there.

It has to be a combination of the developers, Masa and to a larger extent Mazarron Council.  It is truly ourageous that they let the urbanisation grow to be so enormous, knowing that they were not going to provide Habitation Certificates or adopt the urbanisation.  The reason was said to be that the major in 2007 or so was bribed by Masa.  I heard he had been indicted was fraud generally - but never heard the result. 

You cannot blame any purchaser of a property for this - you just don't reasonably expect it.  Furthermore you would expect the authorities to put matters right, at regional or if necessary at national level.  But no action has been taken which is another disgrace.

You now have the situation where the council are charging Council Tax without the need to provide much in the way of services.   So they are laughing.  But what happens when for example the infrastructure, roads etc need repair?!

This message was last edited by acer on 18/12/2017.

Like 1      
18 Dec 2017 4:06 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Quite right baz, unfortunately mans greed is usually blind.

acer, misunderstanding. I was referring to the vultures who now want to buy in the auction.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 4:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

acer.

I was referring in the main to any purchases now, not the people who bought in good faith many years ago and are now left with the problems which to be honest could never ever envisaged happening,  by what I hear about Camposol now, and it's not all 3rd party gossip from down the pub either, it still has many many issues.

Trouble is it doesn't matter how many problems or house issues's are repaired or fixed, or the good part you might live in, I can only imagine the look on peoples faces when you say you're trying to sell on Camposol, as I said  'Mud sticks', the longer it goes on the worse it could become.

Sure many might have a go,  because as we are aware of, some folk really do believe they will get a house for 100€.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 6:57 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Most urbanisation in Spain have issue's... Especially urbanisation that have been built over the last 20 year's ...can you name one that Doe's not have any .

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 7:32 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

can you name one that Doe's not have any .

Ours. 

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 8:20 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

I've owned property at 2 other regions in Spain where all was legal and straight forward - CDS & Valencia. 

Is it just Murcia region which has a disregard for the usual legal formalities?

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 9:32 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

It may be acer/mariedav but I think the opportunity to rip people off is there for all to see.   

It’s possible in the uk of course, but maybe not as easy. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 10:31 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

11 Jul 2016 - '550 houses are constructed on the riverbed, another 234 suffer serious structural problems, another 585 have problems with their water supply and 1,597 ... Many houses are now up for sale and prices have plummeted 'For 30,000 € you can buy a home in Camposol….but without an escritura or deeds, 

Problems others might have but surely not on the same scale that Camposol seems to have.

I understand that the whole complex has something like 5,000 house's, if thats correct, and if the above figures are correct, then close to 4,000 of them have troubles of one sort or another.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2017 11:35 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I bet the estate agents descriptions are very enticing though!

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 8:08 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Yes, all true, but at the end of the day for many it's a great place to live.  There is always lots going on, including good shopping and restaurants, a reasonable golf course and a good community spirit.  A lady I know who lost her husband a while ago desperately wants to see up her place in the sticks and move there - "with eyes wide open". 

I'll always be the subject of taunts by some, but for many good people it's what they want at a price they can afford.  The many marvellous local beaches and the superb climate is the same wherever you live.

Like 1      
19 Dec 2017 8:57 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maybe worth repeating the web address of an article which goes into great detail and at the end provides contact details of MEPs etc.

https://murciatoday.com/camposol-becomes-unlikely-tourist-attraction-as-countdown-to-bankruptcy-auctions-begins_217086-a.html

If ever there was a scenario to depict how corruption and lack of professional due diligence with blind eyes turned to uncomfortable realities, to attempts to make good of a downward spiral of events that led to extraordinary impact and proportions then this is it...

Corruption and malpractice on this scale is sadly a cancer on society and tragically it appears to be those who strived for justice that at present are being made the scapegoats. What does this tell you in this day and age where the rule of law is supposed to be adhered to?

Only when justice is seen to be enforced in a timely and fair manner, in a manner that acts as adequate disincentive to continuing bad intent on the part of those culpable, will trust be restored in a conveyancing system sadly still riddled with all too many loopholes and lack of mandatory regulatory controls at point of purchase. :(

These people fighting for justice should be supported and protected by TIMELY AND CONSISTENT ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES based upon the rule of law, where judicial rulings and laws in place to protect are consistently respected and adhered to, to ensure accountability. 

Surely in this day and age they should not be expected to use methods that whether directly or indirectly continue to "prop up" unaccountable developers, professional malpractice and indefensible corruption from wherever it eminates, should they? How can this be in Spain's longer term interest? 

This message was last edited by ads on 19/12/2017.

Like 1      
19 Dec 2017 9:44 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

It make's you wonder why the (I LOVE SPAIN BRIGADE) are always at the ready to shoot anyone down as soon as they say anything bad about the place ...Spain is rated number 1 in the EU for the place that you a likely to loose your life savings.. through corruption and Scam's ....I did not make this information up ..like Baz1946  did his post ...this is facts gathered from a UK.Government site warning people of scams...and while I am on the subject of scammers I would like to wish all the Troll's on EOS a Merry Xmass and a happy Trolling New Year ..it has been fun reading your post that are full of misinformation and Fake News.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 9:48 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It happens because all those responsible to make sure it doesn’t happen don’t give a dam. It’s not their house or their problem, so why care. Self interest greed will always have priority over other peoples well being.

That’s life.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 10:00 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

And that's  exactly why you need mandatory regulatory controls at point of purchase, from the outset, to counter wherever possible this trait that has the potential to negatively impact the majority who strive for a more caring and civilised society. :)

This message was last edited by ads on 19/12/2017.

Like 1      
19 Dec 2017 10:14 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I agree ads, the problem being that those elected to be the servants of the people to enforce regulatory controls, immediately decide they have been elected to be masters of the people and do exactly opposite.   

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 10:37 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Thanks windtalker for telling me I made up the facts that I posted which didn't take that long to find on the web and from many of the Camposol newspapers, it's one thing to criticise, and disagree with a person, but another to say lies about them, even you have in the past posted about the problems Camposol has had, and still has, so is it what you say is absolute, but what someone else says is not true.

I am also one of the who 'Loves Spain Brigade'  I am also the first person to admit Spain has it's problems, like the UK has, as you are aware I own 3 houses in Spain, have bought and sold as well, to date I have not lost my life savings via scams, or corruption, sad as it is if you have, and I am NOT a financial wizard by any means, and yes I have visited Camposol myself and seen many of the faults, out of sheer interest in why it had so much bad press, even spoke to some who lived on the place.

The posters who you call trolls on here are no doubt the people who can see both sides of the coin who unlike you don't keep knocking the place because food, with EVERYTHING ELSE has gone up in price, but booze is cheap, ciggies are cheap, of course this has nothing at all to do with some years ago you got 1.55€ to the pound now you get, if lucky 1.13 or less.

Not worth going on to much more as you live, or have property on the place, so it's your type of heaven, if it isn't then get out,  and if your  posts are to be believed you visit every couple of weeks, but it's so very expensive to stay...You keep going back.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 10:50 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Kavanagh

Agreed, but equally this should never be the reason for lack of proactivity to strive for change and greater accountability at all levels, as the message that some suggest "you will never gain change" plays into the hands of those that you correctly identify have either hidden agendas or care too little for real people.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 10:59 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

'Tis true, Acer, Camposol is fantastic place for those who like living in a daily itinerary of " things to do " community. The itinerary is printed in the Costa Calida Mag, so all can see I write the truth, and where virtually every 30 mins of the day is accounted for.

Outside of holiday camps or cruise ships have never seen seen the like.

Not my lifestyle now but do know many, particularly those  North of Watford, who do and quite frankly for these mature persons it is a heaven sent idyll. Constant karaoke, bingo or other social activities. No wonder most residents are in total denial there is a problem on this urbanisation......except for the unfortunate few.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts
Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts
Private schools Costa del sol! - 0 posts
Innocent Brits to be evicted from their homes. - 79 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 188

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x