Property auction .Bids start from €100

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Dec 2017 1:32 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 12/23/2017 11:13:00 PM.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 1:34 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Baz1946 as you said the estate has approximately 5,000 properties on it .. even if 700 are up for sale that number would be considered low ...if you had the made up figure of 1.500 plus for sale the place would be like national flag Day .. with for sale boards ...what really pisses me off are the posters on Eos that are only to ready to put Camposol down ...and give misleading information like you can buy a property for €100  ...I wish ...the one that went to auction 2 villas down from me went for €86.000 + tax ..the people that bought it have spent over €30,000 bringing it up to the Same standard as my Villa ..so they have hardly had a bargain ...you can buy one just like it that is highly maintained for around €155,000 so not a great saving at all.

Yes windtalker everything I read, I have not counted them, say the amount of houses are in the region of over 5000...You say only about 4,300.

I didn't make up that figure of 1500 for sale, it was an article, printed  out and on the web for all to search and read.

As I said when I did look at estate agents web pages, quite a few actually, and some did have FOR SALE BOARDS up, but on the whole most didn't, so how can you assume they are not for sale just because boards are not on show.

Where is the misleading information coming from about buying a house for 100€, come on now, we on here all know thats Pie in the Sky?

You answered your own question about Camposol with the statement over the house sale near you, spending over  30,000€ to do it up, I had one done up to a very high standard, as well as having a pool installed, new kitchen, 2 bathrooms and other bits and the bill still never came to any where near over 30,000€, perhaps thats how bad they are after all.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 2:17 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Baz 1946 10 years back I spent €20,000 ...having a  10x4 MTR pool /double drive gates /single gate/drive way paved/various paths with tiles/complete pool area tiled /7 foot walls all round and 3 aircon  units ...I did not have to put kitchens or bathrooms in but I did spend another €7,000 on furniture/white goods/ utensils ...the people that bought at auction spent €15.000 just installing 10 x 4 pool the other €15,000 was spent on doing basically what I did to my Villa....from the amount of work that you put into your project and you said you did not spend anywhere near €30,000 you must have used very very cheap materials and Marrocans to do the work..I wonder if you furnished the Villa you are talking about ...or do you sit on pop crates /sleep on the floor /no carpet's or curtains no utensils or white goods...when I bought my New Villa from Masa it was  finished and complete with kitchen and 3 bathrooms no garden walls just a villa on a plot of land   .I spent £34,000 on having only a kitchen installed in the house I have just had built in the UK ...think about it .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 23/12/2017.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 4:11 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

That's right I have not said where I live in spain and I won't as there is no need.

Yes we have bought and did a lot of planning and research and are as happy as you but see no need to shout about it.

As far as we know there are no problems like camposol  seems to have

One area it is not and never will be is camposol - sorry just a simple fact based on what we have seen and heard. 

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 5:43 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Dazzaj enjoy your utopia where ever that maybe ...but I am sure it has the same sun shining on it ..and is surrounded by the same Spanish incompetence and the same bleak barren lifeless desert  looking countryside Around it  just like Camposol...some people are blind to the fact the the whole of Spain is just the same .

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:01 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

No problems and we are enjoying everything 

I have to say you really seem to have a big chip on your shoulder or are you simply bitter or even envious. 

Spain may have problems and it far worse in camposol and nothing you can say will change that nor will anything you say change the opinions on camposol

Whatever it is enjoy xmas

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:11 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Dazzaj  ..nothing bitter or twisted from my side ...my Villa in Spain is just a holiday home that I own ...just like the one in Kusadasi that I also own ...and I did not have to sell my sole to have them ...enjoy the sun ..but whatever you do don't let in go to your head.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:15 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Really, windtalker? I look over one way and have fields and fields of orange and lemon groves. Just a bit further over are magnificent mountains which, on a sunny day, look as if they've been painted there. Turn around and I have a natural salt lake and, some days, see the flamingos flying over to get to it. Just a bit further over is the Med, bright blue and calm on a day like this. The other window view just has boring gardens still in bloom and quiet swimming pools at this time of the year. A little walk up the road in the other direction and I come to a lovely Spanish deli, a nice Spanish bar (OK, a big Brit one next to it but what the heck). There are several other shops like a DIY, a pharmacy, a dentist and (would you believe) a health and beauty salon with a pedicurist next to the laundry, underneath an excellent Italian restaurant (gets rave reviews all round).

Travel 5 minutes the other way and the almond blossoms will soon start to come out next to an old castle with a lovely Spanish restaurant nestling between rolling hills and yet more orange and lemon groves.

Come back to where I live and, next to the Consum supermarket which is about a 5 minute walk away and we have several tapas bars, coffee bars, a Danish furniture store, a garden centre and another bricolage. All the houses I pass, in whatever direction, have habitation certificates and the roundabouts are planted with trees and other plants and kept scrupulously tidy by the local council.

All this without even going into the town with its restaurants and bars serving every type of cuisine you can think of, from Spanish with lovely paellas (among other things), Hungarian, Thai, Japanese right the way through to the "Hungarian with a twist of Israeli" and all types in between plus, of course, the obligatory Chinese warehouse type shops. The big Lidl is at the end of that road and we have a municipal town hall with extremely helpful staff.  A few parks for sitting in (including one with all the keep fit stuff), a couple of kiddies playgrounds and, a little futher up, a huge, rolling park of woodlands which have BBQ areas in.

Pop into the main town and, just past the big church with its Belen at the moment, is a nice little walk up to the caves where artists display their products from oil paintings to pottery. That's where the main town hall is and you can sign up to art classes, Spanish classes and dozens of other things going on all year round. 

It's not Utopia but I guarantee I won't go more than 2 minutes before someone talks to me, passes the time of day or just being friendly. 

And then you describe your place. No contest at all and I wonder why you keep coming back to it time after time.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:25 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

Sorry but you are not impressing anyone

Many of us own properties and some just like you more than 1

Just hope yor other properties are in nicer places than camposol.

Sounds to me the only person you are convincing is yourself 

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:27 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedave ...you sound like you have been blinded by the sun..or maybe it has gone to your head ... southern Spain is the same all over as soon as you come of the urbanisations you are in a dust bowl.your discription of utopia sounds just like Camposol ...or am I the bullshitter hear or what.

Like 2      
23 Dec 2017 6:32 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

It’s a bit colder 'up ere in Yorkshire, but still 10 degrees today.   Not bad for December tho.  

Tell you what tho, it’s as lovely as ever round these parts.   Beautiful.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 2      
23 Dec 2017 6:34 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

It only becomes a dustbowl when I go half an hour down the motorway and enter Murcia. The miles and miles of polytunnels are the only thing that breaks up the monotony and it doesn't get any better as you go north.

Sorry but if you got out a bit more instead of using the British pub and British supermarket on Camposol you may see something a bit different. I've been past Camposol but not into it. ll the areas around seem, like you say, dust bowls and boring. 

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 6:53 PM by Warrior123 Star rating in Spain. 3 posts Send private message

Sad sad people blowing there own trumpet and changing the orginal subject , obviously if you need to write a essay to blow up where you live and spend hours on here arguing your life and orange views can't  be that good!

Merry Christmas 

Like 1      
23 Dec 2017 7:11 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Briando55 ..I can't really comment on Yorkshire as I have never been there I only know the tea is great ..i am not like some on hear that run down parts of Spain that they have never been to ..just because Tony down the pub said so.Mariedave I have just been looking on Trip adviser and it does not paint the same picture of as you on your utopia the the UK Fourien office is warning Against going their it really does not make good reading  ..maybe that is why property is so cheap there...but what do I know I have only passed by the place at 70 mph and I am only repeating what the people on Trip adviser are saying ...it really does not make good reading at all.

Like 1      
23 Dec 2017 7:45 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Hi windtalker.   I have been to many areas of Spain but don’t want to say I’m any expert.  

I love the built up areas and the history.   Plenty of dust bowls tho, they are right.  I’m quite used to green, probably all the wTer we get lol   

I been all over the world, well lots of it!   Keep coming back to these parts of Yorkshire and its like I belong, funny feeling, really moving sometimes.  

Some idiots around, probably more than in Spain I don’t know, but the others around, well salt of the earth is what we call em.  

I would rather look at some salts of the earth than a salt flat.  That much I do know.   ♥️

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 8:16 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

It's not often you're right, windtalker, but you're wrong again. Please point out where the (I assume you meant) the UK Foreign Office is advising against travel to Ciudad Quesada and please explain why "property is so cheap" as it is, actually, one of the most expensive places in this area.

Of course, you could be talking of Quesada which is in the province of Jaen and I believe the property there is quite cheap. Of course, you could be talking of Quesada in Guatemala which the foreign office does advise about travelling to and some idiot on Tripadvisor gets it mixed up. Full marks for falling into his bit of idiocy.

Never mind, better luck next time.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 23/12/2017.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 9:42 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Mariedave I am only repeating what I am reading on Trip adviser ..and on other forums about the extremely high number of Brit's that live in you area ...and the prolific Burglar's that frequent the area ...as I said I have never been there as you have never been to Camposol so I have no first hand information about the place ...l like youself can only repeat what Tony down the pub has put up on Trip adviser and so forth ....so we will leave at that then.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 10:44 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Seasonal trouble in Paradise people?

never mind, the three wise men on camels will be along soon.   Bearing gifts.

I wonder what gifts will be here this year.

Baz,,,get your crystal balls out

This message was last edited by briando55 on 23/12/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 10:56 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Season's greetings all. Haven't been on for a while due to some people getting a little silly and becoming boring (probably like but no hum).

Just responding on this thread as I remember reading the trip advisor thread about Quesada (from almost seven years ago by the way) and thinking "What idiot could mix up Ciudad Quesada with a place in Central America and come to the conclusion that this one has gangs roaming the place and break ins every day?" Well, I guess we've found out.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to some of the same ones.

Like 0      
24 Dec 2017 10:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Apologies for being lead off thread.

In the town where I live I often hear stories, including from Tony, that there is a lot of crime.

Usually no more than a couple of crimes are reported to the National Police in my 4 hour stint working there, and it is not uncommon for there to be none.  The other volunteer workers find the same.

I appreciate  not all crime is ever reported anywhere, however, as most holiday-makers have travel insurance I suspected if they suffer a loss they are more likely to  report it than not.  In fact, some of those who do make reports have lost very little,

I of course cannot say what happens in other towns,Quesada et al..

This message was last edited by johnzx on 24/12/2017.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 24/12/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts
Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts
Private schools Costa del sol! - 0 posts
Innocent Brits to be evicted from their homes. - 79 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 188

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x