Property auction .Bids start from €100

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2017 11:43 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I’m sure that being so judgemental about the north of Watford brigade feeds nicely into your idyllic, albeit imagined Spanish lifestyle Floella.   And I bet in the back there is a portrait of the queen (and Mrs Maggie).  

But the unfortunate people who can no longer be 100% sure of their home ownership can be from any walk of life, even inside the M25. 

And being a 'just comfortable' couple of hundred miles from the south of Watford brigade, I can report that I don’t know any karaoke and bingo clans up ere.   Maybe they were our biggest export?    Nice to know they found a suitable place to co-exist with the like minded populations   

This message was last edited by briando55 on 19/12/2017.

This message was last edited by briando55 on 19/12/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 1:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Baz 1946 maybe you did not make your Camposol post up ..  But  I think you must have got the information out of the Beno or the Dandy ... I have owned a villa on Camposol for the last 10 year's ...and I can tell what you are reading is crap that the I LOVE EVERYTHING SPANISH BRIGADE are trying hard to misinform the general public about......what you said is around 5,000 properties are on Camposol there is 4,300 /you also stated that around 1,600 are up for sale ..for this amount to be up for sale it would make Camposol look like national flag day with that meny for sale board's ...currently approximately only 300 are up for sale most of them being the very small 1/2 beds that seem to be difficult to sell on.. in my opinion they should  have never been built in such numbers ...the site cover's a area of 6klm by 3klm that makes it bigger than most towns ...the large Villas with pools sell like hot cakes ..and not at knock down prices ether ...as far as the water problems on camposol are concerned this was on a one small part of the urbanisation the issue as we speak is in the process of being sorted out at a cost of 1 million euros for a new pump house ...personally in the last 10 years I have had no problem's... I am not 1 out of the quoted 4,000 according to your post that are having problem's the only people that are having problems are the one's that have not made the final payment and picked up the Escutura ...Camposol is great when the sun comes out ...and just as miserable as everywhere else in Spain when it rain's...the problems with the properties that have been built on the dry river bed are also in the process of being sorted ..with the installation of a large under ground culvert ...this was installed 2 year's back ..and the Mazorron council has been given permission to divert the remaining river bed from Hydrfonica this work is on going at the moment ..only a small amount of properties are affected approximately (45 ) not the quoted (500) LOL.if you are looking for someone to blame then look no further than Mazorron Council ...for the last 15 years they have collected IBI from the residents of Camposol ..and have given nothing in return... it's only now that Masa has gone t in the last year( thank god .).that the council are starting to to supply the services that we have been paying for.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 19/12/2017.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 2:32 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

windtalker, no I didn't make up my post, did repeat it though from a Camposol Website / Newspaper.

Glad you love it on Camposol, the web article was from 2016 so no doubt everything has now been fixed up and repaired in total.

Yes, I have looked at a 4 bed Villa with a pool, decent sized rooms, of road parking, all for 135,000€, so I guess if you don't look or check the area out this could well be a bargain..To some.

In life folk tend to 'Talk up' something that they cant improve, get out of, know the mistake made, say it enough times and  in the end they get to believe what they are saying...And not meaning you with that statement because your happy where you are.

The article stated 1600 up for sale, the one I repeated on here,  not me, obviously just another Un-truth about Camposol, along with everything else said and shown about it.

I don't wish to put blame on anyone, as I wouldn't buy any house on Camposol even with all the good reports about how wonderful it really is.

What do you say..... Perhaps if they changed the name the sticky mud might go away.?

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 2:35 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Have you been to Camposol , Briando ? 

With the exception of the rare person who trades insults, IMO folk north of Watford ( like myself with roots in York ) enjoy life to the full, whilst those south of Watford are more reserved.  The fact is most people on this urb ARE from the Northern hemisphere of UK. Birmingham, Manchester et al. ( I.e North of Watford )

Not judgemental, or snobbish.....mearly truthful and actually  summing up what a fun place it is to live and why many prefer to bury their head in the sand. 

Sad but true and indeed because of it  Spain isn't doing any expat here any favours.

Just because it is no longer my scene is no reason for sarcastic comments.

Karaoke in Catterick was fantastic, though ...try it sometime.....

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 2:57 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Floella, Im not sure what the input was about in your last but one post.  You seemed to be singing the virtues of karaoke and bingo and an organised calender of those pursuits as a north of Watford ideal.

I can pretty much say we do live life to the full and are very friendly and warm around my parts, but the thought of constant organised bingo and karaoke is pretty low level stuff and sounding stereotypical!!

Apart from a couple of times a year on golfing trips to the coast we dont get involved in those kinds of things, although live music and open mike music in Scarborough is brilliant, but not wanting also to sound snobbish, if your description is a major attraction of Camposol (where I have never been), I dont think its for me (or millions like me).

But the wider picture of the people being let down with ownership papers in conveyance, now thats an area I am very keen to mention when I am able.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 3:30 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

You may not want to sound snobbish Briando.......LOL....but you certainly read like one who is.

IF you had read my last but, 2 now, post...properly....you would note that although I wrote this urb is NOT my scene ( actually never has been ). was however agreeing with Acer as to why some prefer to be in denial because for them the community spirit makes this a fantastic place to live.

For those , like yourself, who admit to never having visited then you cannot have any idea what this urb is all about. Regardless of legal problems it is definately a "one off " and one where the Spanish owner of the local supermercado speaks perfect English but with a northern accent !!!

This message was last edited by floella on 19/12/2017.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 4:13 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Well.  

It’s not your scene and never has been. 

Some people prefer to be in denial because the community spirit makes it a fantastic place to be.

The Spanish shopkeeper has a northern accent (what? Geordie, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire?). 

People like myself can have no idea what the urb is all about?    

Well im taking it from your description Flo 😂.   Sounds a bit snobby and stereotypical to moi (pronounced in a Yorkshire accent😳.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
19 Dec 2017 6:19 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Floella  the shopkeeper on sector A Camposol is iranian  ..and speaks English with a American ascent ...I won't go into the reason why he sounds like a American and the reason why him and his family live in Spain and not Iran ...and I must admit it's a first for me to hear a 5 star all inclusive cruise ship called chavy  /Butlins on sea LOL...the promenade was like a cat walk for Rolex watches .....you really do make me laugh with your judgmental comments ..personally I like a good laugh and listening to some karaoke even on a 5 star ship ...I also like to hear accents from around the UK ..in my books no one can tell a joke like a scouser😂.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 7:04 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Windtalker love to make people laugh at jokes I have written.....just sorry that some of you can't read.

Pray tell..WHERE in these paragraphs below did I mention karaoke in relation to either a cruise ship or Butlins ???

"daily itinerary of " things to do " community. The itinerary is printed in the Costa Calida Mag, so all can see I write the truth, and where virtually every 30 mins of the day is accounted for.p

Outside of holiday camps or cruise ships have never seen seen the like"

As, like me, you are obviously a prolific cruiser then you will know that everyday a news sheet listing itinerary of events is left at every cabin. Pontins and Warners HC used to do similar ...Butlins ? (no idea ))...sorry.

Have only your word for the shopkeeper but last time I used the shop guy was definitely a Spaniard who spoke with neither an American or South of  England accent.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2017 8:39 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Floella, these exchanges are completely off thread - please can you PM your comments rather than ruin a good discussion on an important topic.

Like 1      
20 Dec 2017 8:29 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If Bob and Pat Smith manage to buy their own house for 100 euro will they have to pay purchase tax to the government and how much?.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 9:08 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

You are quite correct ,Acer, in your admonishment because it was my responding to a post of yours  ( 19/12 ..8.08 ) .....highlighting how wonderful this urb was....that caused the thread, I had started , to go AWOL.

HOW dare I 🙀

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 9:40 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Yes Kavanagh.   I also mentioned about the documents available to any purchasers at the point of sale also. 

There seems to be a lack of any responsibility by any professional body sometimes, the emphasis is on the sale and the money earned.   It’s just a lottery about how secure the ownership may be afterwards. 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 9:59 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If Bob and Pat Smith manage to buy their own house for 100 euro will they have to pay purchase tax to the government and how much?.

Don't know about that one but if it's to be believed about whats been said on here the tax man could be onto a good  winner when he sends you a tax bill for the difference of what he says it's worth, and what you pay for it.

In the unlikely event of getting one for 100€  (Or even half the genuine first time original cost)  by the time every fee  and tax under the sun has been placed on the house it might have cost more then if you had bought one elsewhere...Which quite possibly wouldn't have any problems either, paperwork or brickwork.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 1:45 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

The property should NOT have to be repurchased (with the purchasers out of pocket with subsequent tax burdens) if the couple receive their rightful return of monies with interest (and costs?) if the court ruling and enforcement "values" following already proven breach, are subsequently upheld via a CLAIM AGAINST THE BANK THAT WAS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FROM THE OUTSET FOR SAFEGUARDING THEIR MONIES AND PROVISION OF BANK GUARANTEE (due to developer insolvency). In this case, would they be able to remain in the property in the lengthy interim period, according to the legal ruling agreement previously made?

Or alternatively if the developer already has undeclared assets (that were illegally transfered to a sister company making the transfer(s) null and void???) could the outstanding enforcement still be enacted against the developer according to the successful court ruling? And once again would they be able to remain in the property in the interim, according to previous judicial agreement?

I wonder if Maria could qualify and confirm if any of this is plausible?

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 1:58 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Its really disapointing that Spain has systems that disregard what people would consider fair or reasonable.

We come across times when someone has your funds or your ownership documents in their care, and just take deductions or property without proper consideration.  These are people you place your trust in and expect to act in your best interests.  I honestly beieve if you want treating fairly and equitably then stay well away from Spain.  The people you believe you can trust, dont always turn out to be ones you can.

Thats my input anyway, stay away from the country if your only dreaming of a future, the sun alone is not worth the money it potentially drains from you!

To Bob and Carol, good luck and get of there with the best deal you can muster.  I'm afraid your only facing years of lawyer fees which will bankrupt you and destroy you.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 3:10 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

I have been following this topic.

Out of curiosity we took a drive out to camposol this week and we seen nothing that would interest us in living or even visiting again

We stopped for lunch at a sort of commercial centre which was like a concrete box

Had a nice lunch and bought some home made pies which looked very nice 

Shocked at some of the cracks in roads and houses assumed it was subsidence of some form

Yes some nice clean areas but a lot of not so clean.

Seen nothing that would tempt us to part with any money

Overall our impression was somewhere between OMG and What the f***

Like 1      
20 Dec 2017 3:49 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Dazzyj it must have taken you around 4 hrs to drive around every street on Camposol ...the site is 6 KLM X 3 KLM  and has 4,300 property's ...and I must say a very nice golf club complete with bar and restaurant that is open to none members i  ..I wonder if you popped in and had a round on the well kept18 hole course ...or maybe 10 pin bowling over in the commercial centre is more your cup of tea ...or did you just call in on a( crack finding mission.)

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/12/2017.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 5:08 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

We drove around for about 90 minutes

Seen the golf course and what we seen the fairways looked as rough as some of the streets we seen

The course did not look appealing from what little we seen and reading reviews on the course supports this

Bottom line is our curiosity, which was raised based on this forum, has been satisfied and we not be returning to camposol in the foreseeable future for any reason

Like 0      
20 Dec 2017 6:01 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Camposol, which translated is countryside in the sun, is a substantial rural development based around an eighteen hole golf course. ****** The development has more than 5000 homes, ******a hotel and spa complex, numerous shops, bars and eateries, together with key facilities for example a health centre and banks. Camposol is ideal for both a second home and holiday property, or for full-time occupants. There’s an array of dwellings to choose from, from low maintenance apartments to substantial villas with private pools. There are approximately 3500 long-term occupants, mostly British, but in addition a good number of Spanish and Europeans enjoy homes here too. Mainly because of the large amount of permanent occupants a genuine local community has evolved, with a variety of clubs, charitable groups and social groups having been established.

From a leading estate agents website,  MERCERS, not me making it up either.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 20/12/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts
Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts
Private schools Costa del sol! - 0 posts
Innocent Brits to be evicted from their homes. - 79 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 188

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x