Property auction .Bids start from €100

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2017 6:09 PM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

You are doing a good job defending or standing up for camposol

Unfortunately due to the bad name from whatever source in my view nothing much will change for a long time right ir wrong

Like 0      
21 Dec 2017 6:51 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

"Grovelling and begging" is just the sort of language that alienates both sides of the debate I'm afraid, and does little to gain progress and build trust.

So many generalisations abound when in reality how often is it that it is the all too powerful few ruin it for the majority? And yes I do refer to the unregulated  and non compliant Banks, the large unethical agents ( the likes of Macanthony Realty, the MASA's etc), the conveyancing non independent law firms with questionable agendas, 

I agree money has become the bottom line and sole motivation for many in authority but this is the irony....the current failure to solve problems that have bedevilled the conveyancing industry over this last decade and beyond, have led to a false economy that does little favour to Spain's growth let alone its reputation. 

Sadly in that process, more generalisations abound with all too little attention paid on building good relationships and respect for one another's cultures. So it's not about grovelling and begging it's about jointly communicating  and striving for solutions. Together. Looking to replicate best practice that works for the majority.

IMHO it's become an economy in Spain where all too much time and effort is duplicated trying to put right the wrongs, after the event, instead of resolving problems at source. 

Legal effort could so easily be redirected to more positive endeavours, to accommodate for growth, to follow through and ensure compliance and good  regulation which again benefits  the majority..... The only losers then rightly become those with bad intent and lack of genuine respect and caring for their fellow man.

It shouldn't be beyond the remit of a civilised caring society should it? 

I still live in hope that with good genuine role models within the British and  Spanish communities ( and others for that matter!) who are currently striving for reform FROM WITHIN, that it can be accomplished. 

Optimism should not be derided but embraced.

Happy New Year all. :)

Like 0      
21 Dec 2017 7:44 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Dazzyj ..the people that have bought on Camposol ..have been shit on from a great height by a corrupt Spanish legal system ..and of course let's not forget Masa the builders that have instigated a controlled Bankruptcy ...helped along with a corrupt legal system once again.. The last thing the people of Camposol need is bad mouthing from someone that just called in on a flying visit ...for a pie and a pint .... running a place down that they no Truck all about...l wonder which part of of Spain you live in that differs so much from Camposol ...all you read about on hear is one builder after another ...not completing the sites and going in to a controlled Bankruptcy protection... with the help of  corrupt lawyers ..after taking peoples money ...so please show some respect for these people .. many  of them have lost their life saving.I consider myself one of the lucky ones that did get a well constructed high end Villa that has no problems even after 10 years of ownership..in a nice clean street that has street lights and completed pavements and finished road this is what I paid for and that is what I got ...some people where not so lucky .

Like 0      
21 Dec 2017 8:09 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

An article I read about Camposol mentioned the channel 5 programme 'a place in the sun' was still pushing the virtues of living there as recently as June 2017?

The estate agents literature is still trying to sell the properties and listing them in the best light they possibly can.

So the face of things seems to say everything is OK for new punters.   But just look at the amount for sale.

Its great if it what you want but it does look like a trap and a money pit for the unsuspecting though Windtalker.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
21 Dec 2017 8:31 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Briando55 ..Thanks for the support ...there is only around 300 properties up for sale out of approximately 4,300 ..this is a very small amount when you consider the size of the urbanisation  6 KLM x 3 KLM....  if it's value for money you want ..then go for it  but unfortunately you will have to put up with the profit's of doom and gloom...bad mouthing a place that Tony down the pub told them about.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2017 10:39 AM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

You are probably right but as with most things first impressions count and mud sticks

There are many places I have visited and said similar things

If you are happy then that is great enjoy but I doubt you will convince many 

Like 0      
22 Dec 2017 7:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I got bored with this thread a few pages ago, but just popped in to see how the bickering is getting on wink Haven't read more than the last two posts, but just a thought: roughly 7% of the properties on Camposol are currently for sale - if Windtalker is correct . I presume he's taken into consideration that the auction which was the original topic consists of 200 properties alone? Anyway, 7% actually seems to me an inordinately high proportion. Does anyone know what is "normal"? For example, is the percentage of homes for sale throughout Spain more or less than 7% of the entire housing stock? Honestly no idea.

And IMHO there is a big difference between "value for money", and "cheap". But I've never been near Camposol, so it's not for me to judge. Oh, and being personally acquainted with Tony down the pub, I think it's highly unlikely he's been near somewhere like Camposol, or has an opinion on it: last I heard, he was living in a caravan across the Portuguese border, because for some reason he thinks that will stop the Guardia Civil confiscating his latest UK reg white Transit van

surprise

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Dec 2017 9:01 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The percentage of properties for sale is not excessive really.  You must bear in mind that the community of Camposol is very highly British and be definition far more transitory than your average location.

I know the place quite well and without intending to be at all person do not feel that the few Camposol posters on EOS do enough to represent the place.  In particular the comments from Hugh Jardon are extremely provocative and not to be taken at all seriously.

He makes the place sound like a den of vice and iniquity which just isn't the case.  The only truth is that a higher proportion than normal don't pay their Council tax.  But given the farce that has been created by Mazarron Council I cannot say I blame them.

Camposol is little different from many other expat urbanisations in Spain other than it is probably the largest and the properties are without Habitation Certificates.  But in Murcia there are thousands upon thousands of properties without these.  Murcia has a very relaxed attitude towards them and in true Spanish fashion they have a way of getting round the service connection rules.  So does the absence of a Habitation Certificate have any significance?  It may be a "shock horror" situation in Valencia or CDS, but not in Murcia.  Properties sell quite happily, owners are not any worse off. 

There seems to be a growing market in Murcia of Licences of Second Occupation &/or Licences of Antiquity.  These seem to be gaining popularity due to solicitors in other regions, particularly firms based in Alicante (Valencia region) who are apply their own rules to Murcia sales, where they are acting for the purchaser.  It seems a bit of a waste of money to me, but presumably it provides some comfort to the purchaser and no doubt revenue to the local councils.

Like 1      
22 Dec 2017 9:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

I do not disagreed with the number of property's that the liquidators have for disposal ...but what I do dispute is the number that some say are going to auction (200) ...the liquidator is  legally responsible to get as much as they can at auction for these property ...so that the creditor's can be paid off...by auctioning 200 at the one auction would most certainly not achieve a good return for the creditors and as a result the property go at rock bottom Price's ....all of these properties will have a reserve price ....I can assure you ...I cannot find any properties with a reserve of only €100 anywhere...so I am asking the person that started this thread ( FLOELLA ) what publication did they get the information from.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 22/12/2017.

Like 0      
22 Dec 2017 10:54 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Article was in Murciatoday, Windtalker. 

But why do you ask when according to your post below ..you know everything and more about it 

"Luz del Sol Camposol estate agents ....are handling the  properties that are for sale by the liquidators ...it is not a auction as you would expect... The properties are sold for the advertised asking price and not 1 cent less ..."

Like 0      
22 Dec 2017 11:53 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Just followed the the link on Murcia Today ...and although it lists hundreds of properties from all over Spain... only a handfull  are on Camposol ...the properties from Camposol  can also be found on Luz Del Sol estate agents  on Camposol at the minium that the Liquidator's are prepared to accept ...I personally  know of 3 of these properties that are good ones for sale ...and they are not that cheap .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 22/12/2017.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 12:14 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

https://murciatoday.com/camposol-becomes-unlikely-tourist-attraction-as-countdown-to-bankruptcy-auctions-begins_217086-a.html

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 8:34 AM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Back to the bottom line solution for this couple....is the only way to recoup their monies now ( having gained a successful judicial ruling without effective enforcement but with cancellation of contract) to sue the Bank that should have protected their money in the event of breach from the outset? 

Or due to the lengthy timeframe associated with this form of litigation and them being placed potentially homeless in the interim, does the judicial agreement as part of the ruling for them to stay in the property until such time as monies are recouped as per the enforcement still stand?

If not, does this mean that a judicial ruling with court enforcement for return of their monies can be overridden in this way and counts for little in terms of protection of their rights against the Bank that ironically appears to be the ultimate benefactor from their own wrongdoings?

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 10:03 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

The internet is either a good thing or bad thing, depending on how you view it, it won't take long to do a small check on the estate agents selling houses on Camposol, windtalker corrected me by saying if the number of houses were this high the place would be covered in for sale flags, one of the estate agents has 250 plus for sale, after looking many had no for sale signs outside, another agent had 180, again looking many no signs up, so I should think if anyone drove around the place it wouldn't look like it was up for sale.

Every site I looked at about Camposol has, they say in excess of 5000 houses on it, if figures are correct of 7% isn't that about 700 plus for sale.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 11:05 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Baz1946 as you said the estate has approximately 5,000 properties on it .. even if 700 are up for sale that number would be considered low ...if you had the made up figure of 1.500 plus for sale the place would be like national flag Day .. with for sale boards ...what really pisses me off are the posters on Eos that are only to ready to put Camposol down ...and give misleading information like you can buy a property for €100  ...I wish ...the one that went to auction 2 villas down from me went for €86.000 + tax ..the people that bought it have spent over €30,000 bringing it up to the Same standard as my Villa ..so they have hardly had a bargain ...you can buy one just like it that is highly maintained for around €155,000 so not a great saving at all.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 11:19 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Because Baz , unlike UK, agents never put up signs.  

Any notice stating Se Vende with mobile number seen hanging from a reja or pole are private sellers.  Any member of this forum who is in Spain for more than an annual 2 week holiday, must be aware of this.     Still we all live and learn....hopefully.

Lets just hope that, for once, the residents of Camposol support Bob and Pat  by helping them to save their home.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 11:27 AM by DazzaJ Star rating in Spain. 46 posts Send private message

Windtalker 

It is not just EOS members who have a bad opinion  of camposol just as you are not the only one who praises it

In my limited experience more dislikes than likes

Yes it is a shame to all those who have lost a lot of money but if it looks a dump sounds like a dump then it probably is a dump

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 11:32 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

How can the residents of Campasol actually help Bob and Pat?

Please let us know floella, then we can all live and learn.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2017 12:23 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Dazzaj you still have not given the name or the Location of the part of Spain you live in ...I presume that you have bought and not renting.

Like 1      
23 Dec 2017 1:16 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Quote..Camposol RA 2017

" the problems faced by those who are affected are not getting any better, and the job of the association which tries to help those affected and find solutions is encumbered by the inevitable I'm alright Jack apathy from those who are sick and tired of hearing about the ongoing battle and don´t want to see the home they love so much dragged through the mud by sensationalist UK TV channels yet again.

Certainly local businesses are very keen to avoid the potential repercussions of negative publicity, particularly in light of the uncertainty surrounding Brexit" unquote

To "Stop " being selfish but stand and fight together, Kavanagh.

Unfortunately as is noted on this forum..that's not want folk want to do. 👹

You pm'd me for info, Kavanagh, surprised you didn't bother to read the article..... Or were you only interested in making a killing at someone's else's expense 🤑

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying in Los Balcones - 2 posts
Happy Christmas - 2 posts
Any body driving back to UK next week - 0 posts
Hello - 0 posts
TV PICTURE QUALITY - 1 posts
Property rental - 20 posts
Service Roads - 11 posts
Wanted volunteer drivers - 1 posts
Christmas dinner - 4 posts
Hi!- And a question for everyone already happily relocated - 41 posts
cute-baby-capuchin-monkeys-for-x-mas-adoption - 0 posts
Transfering private pension money - 19 posts
Recommended handiman / builder in Valencia - 0 posts
Condado De Alhama - 8 posts
Wanted shipping cartons - 1 posts
hot tubs - 0 posts
Valuation costs - 61 posts
Gazebo & Ratan style 4 piece Patio set for sale - 0 posts
Estate agent fees - 41 posts
Property market around Almoradi/Algorfa/Formentura areas - 5 posts
AutoliquidacIón provisional - 1 posts
Spanish Envelope sizes and postage costs - 16 posts
Rubbish tax - 3 posts
Private schools Costa del sol! - 0 posts
Innocent Brits to be evicted from their homes. - 79 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 188

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x