Malaga Airport Delays

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2017 9:35 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Evening all,

We are flying into Malaga this Sunday, needless to say I've been reading about the long delays around Europe, Has anyone flown into Malaga this week or know what delays I should expect when we arrive. I need to plan for 2 children just incase.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2017 10:35 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

It all depends on how many flights arrive at the same time. We arrived last week and didn't notice anything different from normal. For Terminal 2 they have about 4 lanes of Biometric Passpost  Control. I expect these will be tricky with children so you will have to queue for the 2 manned desks but I don't expect you'll be unduly delayed. Be careful to allow enough time when flying home though. It is the check in desks that are causing the problem not passport control.

David

Like 0      
03 Aug 2017 11:50 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you are traveling with children you do not use the biometric Lane's ...you will have your passport's checked with a passport control officer....The delays have nothing to do with the fact that the UK is leaving the so called common market/freedom of movement or the Brexit ( Mickyfinn ) why would the UK have anything to do with the way the Spanish go about their business... Inland Spanish flights are affected as well as international flights ....if you want to blame anybody then blame INTERNATIONAL TERRORISM.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/08/2017.

Like 2      
05 Aug 2017 7:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

06 Aug 2017 8:35 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Keep up windtalker the Spanish are simply carrying out EU policy for the Schengen zone. Mrs May actually supported the new arrangements some time ago when she was home secretary to combat movement of terrorists across Europe.

Once the UK leaves the EU it becomes a third status country in terms of controls on people movements hence the new plans for permits for all British travellers in future to cross into Schengen.

Spanish airport workers have just announced strike actions at many airports causing more misery and delays for holiday traffic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/05/airport-chaos-set-worsen-border-staff-go-strike/

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 06/08/2017.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2017 9:34 AM by Lestat Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Well the none EU nations will no doubt see opportunity in the UK's 'third status country' punishment. Both North & South America, the Caribbean the Far East etc take longer to get to, but why spend time queuing in UK airports when we can spend this time flying to new exciting destinations? The Costas will be barren of UK holidaymakers with local businesses going bust at 20 to the dozen, any Spanish government adhering to these onerous practices will not last a term.

Like 2      
06 Aug 2017 10:07 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Lestat, believe it or not, the UK is not the centre of the universe, The so-called punishment and onerous practice applies to Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria and other EU non-Schengen countries as well as the 150 or more other countries in the world not in it.

Brits have been screaming for years about tighter border controls, better checks and so on. When other countries decide to do it (because of the terrorist actions in Europe) then it becomes "ooh, they're getting at UK and trying to punish us".

And you will still end up queuing in UK and other airports no matter where you fly to. Been through USA arrivals lately? 

Like 2      
06 Aug 2017 10:13 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Fhanrah.  Has anyone flown into Malaga this week or know what delays I should expect when we arrive.

I would think what happened one day will not be any indication what might happen on another.

Unless the media shows a significant change in the potentials for delays, then I would plan for the very worst and hope for the best or at least better !

PS Better security should mean there is less chance of anyone's flight being blown out of the sky, whilst less security probably means the opposite.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2017 11:22 AM by Lestat Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

marieday, so you don't think that Spanish coastal businesses will be harmed if UK holidaymakers choose to go elsewhere? And before you start sharpening your fangs, this is what you are arguing about, a yes or no will suffice.

This message was last edited by Lestat on 06/08/2017.

Like 1      
06 Aug 2017 1:14 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

There have been many protests in Spain this week by local people who have had enough of tourists. It is becoming overwhelming in Catalonia and Mallorca. Quality of life is being ruined by mass tourism in their opinion. The airports cannot cope with the exta people traffic who are not going to destinations where terrorists may attack. The trouble is nobody regulates the numbers so they just keep coming.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2017 2:19 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what I don't get is most of the terrorist attacks have come from people already resident in the schengen zone. The Paris attacks for example resulted from people moving uninpeded from Belgium to France. Yet this security measure is only applying to those outwith the zone.

Like 2      
06 Aug 2017 2:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

When the UK leaves the EU block ...the EU will have to install hard borders across the EU to stop terrorist moving unchecked all over Europe...  I flew from Cardiff to Glasgow last Monday ...witch is a UK inland flight so by rights you should not need a passport....but I challenge you to try and get through airport security without one ...you have to go through the same Biometric scanner's as a international passengers do .apparently these scanner's can give information like the last time you traveled and so on ... it is  impossible to make a copy and use it as it checks your height / face and so on and feed's that information into a world wide data base for comparison with all the info they have on you all within 20 second's .( no delays must be a Spanish thing).

This message was last edited by windtalker on 06/08/2017.

Like 1      
07 Aug 2017 1:21 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Simples dont go to Spain in JULY and AUGUST anyone thet does is a BLOODY IDIOT

When we leave the EU we can get all the schools to have HOLIDAYS spread through the year more evenly WHICH WILL ALSO STOP the TRAVEL firms makin a killing in the School summer HOLIDAYS

AND dont use those BIO things I never do I just give the cute PASSPORT men a PIMPLETON wink seems to WORK

Love HUGH xx

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 07/08/2017.

Like 1      
07 Aug 2017 1:48 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

What like the spreading of school holidays we never had before we joined the EU, when all the idiots still went to Spain.

Why the sudden massive downer on Spain,  after all you did well on it when you lived free in the country.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Lapsed Habitation Certificate - 5 posts
Voucher codes - 0 posts
airport delays - 11 posts
life Insurance on Mortgage - 15 posts
Medical etc - 0 posts
Car Hire Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Bats - 3 posts
Foster carers Needed - 0 posts
183 day rule - 24 posts
Endesa electricity bills - 13 posts
Charlie Gard - 0 posts
TRANSFERRING EUROS back to UK. - 12 posts
Compare costs of living - 13 posts
motorcycle registration - 5 posts
empty property - 6 posts
capital gains tax query - 1 posts
Communal Electricity Charges - 10 posts
Do not Text & Drive-It is not worth it - 3 posts
Case Won and Deposit plus Interest recovered. - 11 posts
Electricity theft. Any advice/suggestion? - 17 posts
Keith - 1 posts
Your mortgage sold to a third party - 15 posts
Are there any glaziers on Condado de Alhama or campasol please - 1 posts
Form 210, cadastral value, and calculating taxable base - 2.0% or 1.1% ? - 6 posts
RAYME - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x