¿Quien es johnzx?

Send johnzx a private message

Soy... un hombre

Sobre mi... UK Police Officer for 30 years, retiring as DCI. In Spain for 30 yrs. 20 years as a police authorised voluntary translator and advisor.

Vivo en... Spain

Trabajo de... For past 20 years working for National Police as a voluntary translator and adviser/consultant , assisting the public and persons arrested with crime reports, completing paperwork, interviews and generally assisting with advice.

Mi firma en el foro es...


johnzx's latest forum comments

15 Jan 2017 16:25:

and simply don't  respond


Good advice Tony pity you do not follow it

Thread: BREXIT

15 Jan 2017 14:58:


I have just sent you a PM, albeit that I might be breaking some unwritten rule,

Thread: Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please

15 Jan 2017 12:15:


 Maybe instead of calling it ‘re-mortgaging’  you looked at your property as an asset against which you could raise a loan.   You say you have only a small mortgage so you will have rcentage of equity in the property which should ensure your ability to raise a loan.

About 20 years ago when interest rates were good I made a few short term loans secured as second charges on properties which had mortgages.  The paperwork was done by a notary and the loans were recorded as second charges on the properties in the Property Registry.

It maybe that your bank or another would look favourably on a loan.

I do not know your circumstances but if might be that you and your wife could agree to keep the property in both names but with the understanding that most, or all of that asset was in reality yours.   That would avoid taxes Inspector and I mentioned.. 

Just a thought,


This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/01/2017.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/01/2017.
Thread: Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please

14 Jan 2017 17:57:

Elsietanner    It could be luck of the draw on the day.

Hi Elsie. 

I just noticed I did not comment on that. 

I was pretty sure, with 30 years experience as a police detective, and the legal training required to understand law and legal proceedues,  I would be able to persuade the airline desk that the Directive was the law, which I did,  so 'luck' did not come into it.     


Best regards to those who will be able to travel to UK as a result of the Directive.


This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/01/2017.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/01/2017.
Thread: Non EU national, resident in Spain, married to EU national, travelling to UK

14 Jan 2017 17:45:

Potblack  I don't think I posted about what happened re my wife going to UK without a visa.  

(After posting this I found that I had reported back but repeating it might be useful to others).

In November 2016 we flew to UK.  However, as I had suspected we had yo have a 20 minute 'conversation' with EasyJet staff at the boarding gate.   I produced the relevant legal references and my wife's Philippines Passport and Residencia (note not EU Citizens Registration).  Eventually, after a couple of phones calls,  the lady accepted that my understanding of the legal significance of the EU Directive was right, and we were allowed to board. 

At Gatwick, my wife was welcomed to UK by a very friendly immigration officer, who clearly understood the EU  Directive, so no further explanations were required and her passport was stamped allowing a 6 moment visit. That took a couple of minutes.



This message was last edited by johnzx on 14/01/2017.
Thread: Non-EU family members do not need visa to enter UK, says European court


Communities johnzx has joined

johnzx' blogs

johnzx's rentals

johnzx's properties for sale

Spain insurance services

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x