Endesa electricity bills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2017 4:45 PM by Melc1948 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Iam at a loss to trying to understand my facutra every 2 months I live in a 3 bed apartment in Calahonda my potentia is 6.5 and my facutra are about 130.00 every 2 months, I think that is a little steep considering I have no AC live on my own and have normal white goods in my kitchen could someone tell me if this is about right,I return to the UK regularly for around 2 months at a time turn off my heater and TV and only get a reduced facture of about 15 to 20 Euros I feel Iam being ripped off somewhat!!

I

Body p

Like 0      
27 Jul 2017 5:14 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Do you not get an itemised bill? 

My supplier is Iberdrola and with IVA @ 21% and numerous other charges my actual consumption of electricity is less than half of the actual bill.

Might be possible to lower your potencia to lower your future  bills ( although for this you will be charged ) because 6.5 seems a trifle high without aircon/ heating units.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2017 7:59 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

€65 a month may be a little high for only one person, unless you do a lot of (electric) cooking, but not that surprising. An electric heater will consume quite a bit. Maybe you mean your water heater, in which case consider fitting a plug in timer so that it only comes on once or maybe twice a day for half an hour or so. Certainly 6.5kw potencia seems high, so perhaps ask for it to be reduced.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
27 Jul 2017 8:15 PM by Donald1966 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Donald1966´s avatar

Hi Melc

You are probably not being ripped off. Electric is expensive in Spain. I have 13.2 kw capacity and my bill is nearly 150 euro a month before I even turn a light bulb on.

Maybe when you return to the UK switch off at the mains. Also consider an instant gas boiler for hot water or do as Roberto says.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2017 12:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Melc.  I have A/C in 3 rooms and, apart from solar hot water, I am all electric.

I am contacted for 4.4 KW potencia very easily enough.

This is my typical bill for one month.

I

This message was last edited by johnzx on 29/07/2017.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2017 4:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Assuming there's a zero missing at the end of your kw/h units consumed!! My last bill is almost identical; With 5.5kw potencia (more than adequate, with all-electric including central a/c), item A was about a euro more, but otherwise much the same.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Jul 2017 5:40 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

We have just this week been signed up to Endesa this very week, {I've yet to collect this keys our new home which will be happening very soon-Finaly}

We have no plans at the moment to rent and will only be useing it as a hoilday home for the time been until we finaly move ver full time to Spain. We will have Air Con and everything is run on electricity.

I see on their web site that they have special offers etc. but they have us on the following ''Potencia contratada: 4.6Kw Discriminación horaria: Con discriminación Tarifa: 2.0DHA'' which mean very little to me. Can anyone offer any advise, do we leave it alone or should we be looking at a different package.

Regards Fergal

Like 0      
30 Jul 2017 11:08 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Fhanrah   Take a look at the link for answers to your questions. (I just googled your questions to get the link)

The translation is pretty poor but for those who do not speak Spanish  I will probably just about do,

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://tarifasgasluz.com/faq/potencia-contratada&prev=search

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/07/2017.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2017 4:10 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Everthing in Spain is more expensive now than the UK how on earth people survive I will never know every time I go back for a weeks holiday stuff is more than last time

And with most EXpats paid in pounds and then exchanged to euros god help them

Love Hugh

ps my electric is £21 a mth beat that LOL

Love Hugh

Like 2      
31 Jul 2017 4:24 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

No, everything in Spain is not more expensive. It is the same price (probably) as the inflation rate here is less than half that of UK. What you mean is, the pound is so crappy that it seems more expensive when you change your sterling. 

Oh, and good on your 21 quid a month for electric in your caravan. You don't say how much your gas is, though (unless you are scouring the local woods for firewood, of course.) 

This message was last edited by mariedav on 31/07/2017.

Like 1      
31 Jul 2017 5:14 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Jaywick sands ...says it all...Hugh...utter rubbish

Like 1      
31 Jul 2017 6:11 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Apologies for following others off thread

I have not lived in UK for 30 years so I cannot really compare most things. 

However, when I left I had a property which is just about the same as the one I have now in Spain, in a very similar area.  In  about 1987 I was paying a little over £1,000 p.a.  in rates.    Now 30 years on I am paying about £300 p.a. IBI (rates) and that is at today's £ to € .    

In Spain we get our dustbins emptied every day including Sundays. We have the roads swept  every day.  The flower beds around the town are planted up with seasonal flowers several times a year, and we have several town fiestas every years with street lighting etc.

I know from personal knowledge, both in Spain and UK, that in Spain we have several times the number of police than in UK (at least 50% in plain clothes so most citizens cannot be aware of the numbers) and a very much lower and less violent crime level.

Last November I visited UK and took my son and his family out to dinner.  The family has just kleft here where I also took them out to dinner. Again the restaurants and the menus were about the same . The bill here was around 50% of the bill in UK.

I tend to buy Spanish food products,  which seem to be much cheaper than the British equivalents available here. 

It would seem the cost-of-living here is less than in UK.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 31/07/2017.

Like 1      
31 Jul 2017 9:21 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

This comparison website ( which provides options for comparisons by city) might assist perhaps?

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Spain&country2=United+Kingdom

Like 1      
01 Aug 2017 9:54 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Everthing in Spain is more expensive now than the UK how on earth people survive I will never know every time I go back for a weeks holiday stuff is more than last time

And with most EXpats paid in pounds and then exchanged to euros god help them

Love Hugh

ps my electric is £21 a mth beat that LOL

It would be more then helpful Hugh if you told the original poster if your Electric bill of £21 a month is for what...Like maybe a semi-detached or detached property say, then they could get a good helpfull comparison.

As for your comment on how stuff has gone up in Spain compared to the UK last Saturday night we took one Daughter and her chap out to dinner in a village pub, without any drinks before and on the main menu the bill just for food alone for us four came to £105 ,98, when I bought another 3 drinks, pint of Guinness, glass of Red wine, small lemonade, gave him £20,00 questioned that I gave him a 20,00 because I got back next to nothing, a plastic fiver and some coins. Now in Spain when we go to a very good decent restaurant, everything all in, 4 people, 3 food courses, 4 lots of wine, coffee etc last month came to 71.98€ ....Euros not Sterling.

I don't food shop in the UK, do in Spain, no idea of UK prices at all, except Mrs B tells me that the most basic things have gone up again every week it would seem, in Spain we seem to get 'Boxes' more, and we do pretty much the same shop as in the UK using all the Spanish stores as and when.

To be very honest you used to tell all that you paid next to nothing living under the radar when you were in Spain, so if you go back for a week and ...'Have'...to pay I cant help thinking yes prices have gone up 'Drastically' for you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Charlie Gard - 0 posts
TRANSFERRING EUROS back to UK. - 12 posts
Compare costs of living - 13 posts
motorcycle registration - 5 posts
empty property - 6 posts
capital gains tax query - 1 posts
Communal Electricity Charges - 10 posts
Do not Text & Drive-It is not worth it - 3 posts
Case Won and Deposit plus Interest recovered. - 11 posts
Electricity theft. Any advice/suggestion? - 17 posts
Keith - 1 posts
Your mortgage sold to a third party - 15 posts
Are there any glaziers on Condado de Alhama or campasol please - 1 posts
Form 210, cadastral value, and calculating taxable base - 2.0% or 1.1% ? - 6 posts
RAYME - 0 posts
December - 0 posts
Cubic Meters - 7 posts
Supreme Court and Court costs against banks in Floor Clause cases - 2 posts
Google Ads on blogs - 2 posts
Malaga Airport Pickup / Drop Off Issues - 6 posts
Volunteers Needed - 0 posts
Spanish health care versus NHS.......No contest - 65 posts
Green Card - 4 posts
Polaris Creditors list available - 0 posts
Private yoga classes offered - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x