wok buffet san javier?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi

Has anyone tried the wok buffet in Hispania centro san javier? We passed it but haven't tried it out yet. Any views?

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 11:54 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 12:04 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanx Janice

Looks interesting, think the kids would enjoy it. May give it a whirl.

Gina

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 12:55 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 9:20 AM by jogary Star rating in UK. 193 posts Send private message

jogary´s avatar

Hi

There is a brand new wok buffet about to open in Los Alcazares. Its on the main road into town (from San Javier direction) about half way between The Oasis development and Capribo supermarket.

Looks like it should be open in the next few weeks.

The one you mention at the Hispania centre is good but gets very busy and feels a bit rushed (but I guess they all are a bit like that) On the plus side, it's very quick if you have hungry kids and the food is consistently good quality. Love the chicken satay skewers!

Jo

Like 0      
28 Apr 2007 12:23 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jo

Thank you for the info. I remember passing the one in LA I think so will have a look next visit.

Gina

Like 0      
02 Jun 2009 11:11 PM by Beverleyw07 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there

Just seen this website and your comment on the Wok Buffet at San Javier. 

Have you tried Frydays on the same complex.  Its brilliant.  Traditional fish and chips.  All the sweets are homemade and the bistro is 1st class.  Very clean and friendly.  Well worth a visit.

Beverley White

Like 0      
03 Jun 2009 12:10 PM by LAG Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi

Frydays in San javier is very good, it is a family run business been open just over a year. They also do Sunday Lunches, Chilli´s curries etc.... Also they have a bar.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2009 10:33 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

We went to the 'wok buffet' for the first time the other week and will definitely go back - the quality and price was excellent.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 10:03 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Don't forget the free bottles of wine they give you to take home . Got quite a stash now.

I have recommended to a lot of people and have to say no complaints. We also like frydays

Like 0      
24 Jun 2009 10:21 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi

This wok buffet and Frydays sounds good. I only know the Notory office in the main road. Can anyone tell me where these restaurants are from there.

Thanks

Phil

Like 0      
25 Jun 2009 11:22 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Phil

I knew you were going to ask that LOL!

OK, I'll give it a whirl. If you come out of the airport, go straight across the first roundabout to the next one. Turn right and head for san Javier. Keep on the N322 and you just follow that road until you come to the restaurants ont the left hand side Angus Steak house, another wok buffet and the golf range/shop. On the roundabout you will see a tall blue sign with Centro hispania on it to your left. Drive into it and there is brico, mercadonna, wok buffet, frydays and other shops in there. I noticed on the main road on the other side that there is an Italian restaurant, which I would think should be open by now. We'll have to wait until August now to find out

Hope you find it ENJOY

Like 0      
25 Jun 2009 1:09 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Didn't mention free wine as we haven't opened it yet so don't know the quality!!!!

Also, I did forget, we were given lovely glasses of ice cold sangria on arrival and thet weren't added  to the bill either - is this normal or were we just lucky?

Like 0      
25 Jun 2009 2:52 PM by LAG Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Yes the Sangria is normal, you always get that plus liquer at the end!!

Also near there is the new Wentworth English Pub, they show all Sky Sports Games also serve great food

Their Sunday Lunch is 5-9pm

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 4:45 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

could you tell me the price of the wok buffet now and what it is like

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 9:41 PM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

I believe it to be 8.50 euros.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 11:41 PM by Daniels Star rating in Waterlooville & Pent.... 220 posts Send private message

Wok buffet is not fit to eat. all that raw food cooked in the same fluid / water - absolutely disgusting. have you ever wondered why they don't cook like that in the uk, it's because they would be closed down.The salad bar is very good.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 6:03 PM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

thank you maybe I will give it a miss

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 6:49 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

We go to the Wok Buffet on the industrial estate near Balsicas every time we are out in Spain, and have never had a problem with the food there.  The food is simply blanched in boiling water first, before being cooked in the sauce of your choice.  The blanching simply makes it easier to cook.  The food in then cooked in a clean pan with your choice of sauce.  It's the most popular restaurant in the area so must be doing somthing right.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Wok buffet is not fit to eat. all that raw food cooked in the same fluid / water - absolutely disgusting. have you ever wondered why they don't cook like that in the uk, it's because they would be closed down.

Hmmm, don't think so!! I know 2 restaurants in the UK that do their food like that, 1 in Bedford and 1 in Leeds, plus a curry house!! Only the beansprouts and peppers are put in the boling water. New oil every time when cooking the meat. Seems to bea big franchise in Spain now, they all seem to be changing to the format.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new air line - 5 posts
appartment needed - 5 posts
Community Charges - 27 posts
Spanish Dream - 24 posts
ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts
Contact name and number for Iberdrola - 2 posts
House Shares - 1 posts
FREEBIES - 2 posts
3 Molinos - Anyone Buying Or Know Of The Development? - 3 posts
Phoning home? - 2 posts
Furniture Wanted - 19 posts
Purchasing property in the Spanish Countryside between Alicante and Murcia - 10 posts
The stockmarket - 4 posts
Interesting/cool photos! - 39 posts
signing of escrutura - 5 posts
how easy is it to get a mortgage........ - 5 posts
Spanish Bubble Burst - 7 posts
Housing Transaction Costs in Europe - 2 posts
Problem mortgage broker - 11 posts
Grupo Trampolin's site at Albudiete called Royal Dream - 4 posts
Average Wages In Spain - All trades etc - Commuting to UK? - 10 posts
visit to town council - 3 posts
New or resale - 53 posts
El Banditos Puerto Banus - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x