Community Charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Dean Star rating in Sheffield UK/ Green .... 20 posts Send private message

Dean´s avatar

Hi all, I have just completed on Green Valley Alcaidesa a small development of 42, 2 & 3 bedroom townhouses.  The first meeting has been held and a president elected.  I have been informed that our charges are to be 218 euros per month, I was expecting this to be the quarterly rate from the what I have been told and seen on the web.  I know there will be a lot of variants when setting the charge but I would be grateful if anyone could say if this was an excessive amount. I am still waiting for the minutes of the meeting so I am not sure how the figure is broken down, it will just be interesting to know what an average charge is.

Cheers Dean

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:23 PM by Dean Star rating in Sheffield UK/ Green .... 20 posts Send private message

Dean´s avatar

Hi Janice, all we have is pretty much similar to yourself.  There is a front and rear private garden, underground parking and a small communal pool and I quite agree it does seem excessive.

Cheers Dean 

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:24 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Could also be that Janice is in CB and Dean is in CDS.  Must be employing the marbella belles to clean the pools

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:33 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

hI all,

How much??!!!!!!!!!!!

I would want Posh and David around to clean the pool for that figure!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely check the figures,if the gardeners are turning up in Ferrari's then you know you have a problem.

I pay €280 per year.

Regards

georgia

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:47 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Dean

We have a 3 bed apartment on CDS whic is on a community of 96 2-3 bedded apartments & 11 townhouses. We have underground parking with 1 or 2 parking spaces depending on apt size,  and lifts to all floors in each block. The houses have their own private parking and individual gardens, we all have the use of communal gardens and a good sized pool plus a sauna and gym. It is a gated development with night security and daytime caretaker. Our fees depend on the size of the unit, anything from €397, for a 2 bed to €509 for a 3 bed apt, the houses pay €712 all per quarter.

Hope this gives you a rough idea, our deveolpment was only completed last year and the fees were set for the year, I dont believe there have been any changes yet, we are due for an AGM soon so we may get an update the.

Regards Jackie

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:05 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Yes janice, I thought it was a bit steep as well, although the houses are two storey plus a sun terrace on the roof and are quite a good size. Their fees obviously dont included for the maintenance of the lifts, but im not sure if it includes for their private gardens to be done -  I know the fees were calculated on floor space of each unit together with facilities and services and as you say, everything is more expensive here, its the marbella belles fault with their expensive tastes!! (oops not sure what ive hit but my type has gone scwiffy)

Jackie

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:07 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Dean, that does seem excessive!  Do you have like 20 pools and a golf course to maintain too

The apartments on our urb pay between 150 - 200 Euros per quarter...whilst the townhouses pay just 55 Euros per quarter!

Yours does seem quite high.

Who is the administrator and have you seen the budget for the year?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:09 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:33 PM by Dean Star rating in Sheffield UK/ Green .... 20 posts Send private message

Dean´s avatar

Justin, as I said previously I am still waiting to see how they arrived at the figure.  The development is just one continious line of dwellings with the communal pool at one end, there are no lifts or caretakers to consider.  I am not sure if the administrator has been appointed or is from the developer, something I need to find out.  The development does back onto the new Alcaidesa golf course but the development has no tie in with the golf course.  Any other information will be appreciated.

Cheers Dean 

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:03 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Dean

I was under the impression that the first AGM was usually held with an administrator present, usually appointed by the developer, the fees are agreed by everyone present at the meeting and is usually decided on by the projected budget for the year (im sure roberto will correct me if any of this is wrong-only speaking from our experience).

Yours does sound very expensive especially as you say you dont have lifts or caretakers to account for, our expense budget included for : general maintenance, purchases, pump and electric maintenance, pool maintenance, lifts, security, cleaning, gardens, office expenses, insurance, administration, translators, bank expenses, post, meeting room rental, electricity, water and macro-community, a reserve fund also had to be added which is 5% of the budget. Our most expensive items are the lifts, security, gardens, cleaning, administration and the macro-community, as you dont have some of these items I would question how the figure was met, but until you get a copy of the minutes (which can take a few weeks) looks like you're going to have to wait and see, unles you know of anyone on the committee who attended the meeting and can enlighten you.

Good luck!

Jackie

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 7:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No further questions, Your Honour.

I'm afraid I agree with all that has been said before and cannot shed any more light on this. Seems VERY excessive, and I would certainly want an explanation. Look forward to hearing more about this as & when. Please keep us all informed.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 9:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Cannot understand why the charges are so high. I've been in Spain nearly 5 years and in my apartment nearly 4. The first year the fees were 270 euro and are now 300 euro  per YEAR. There are 184 `apartments in two blocks. Our fees cover all cleaning pool maintanence lift charges and emergancy phones, community insurance in fact everything we need. Fees have to be agreed annually at an AGM or EGM and after the minutes have been sent out you have 30 days to register your dissent and you can ask to see the accounts at any time...perhaps you should do so.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 May 2007 2:36 PM by davey2187 Star rating in Pontefract, La Torre.... 136 posts Send private message

I know at our place on LTGR the apartments are paying approximatley €50 per month but some of the villas are €200++++

Like 0      
06 May 2007 3:51 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi Dean

Glad to see a Sheffield Wednesday supporter on the site. Your question was useful as we are about to have our first community meeting & fees will be under discussion. Unfortunately not many owners will be there so we do have some concerns

The meeting has been called by a company called Saumar. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Eileen

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 4:16 PM by Dean Star rating in Sheffield UK/ Green .... 20 posts Send private message

Dean´s avatar

Hi all

We now have had our minutes from the first meeting and the budget for the first year.  As expected from reading other threads we appear to have been stung with the charges regarding gardening, pool and general maintenance.  These have been calculated as follows, doorman/concierge 13,550 euros, garden and pool maintenance 35,500 euros and general cleaning and maintenance 20,900 euros.  The total budget was estimated to be approx 110,000 euros.  If any body could offer any thoughts on these charges I would be grateful, also is there any way of challenging the figures quoted.

Thanks

Dean

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 5:03 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
€35,500 for pool and garden maintenance?  Any chance of a job?  Unless you have half a dozen Olympic sized pools and shrubbery to rival Kew Gardens, I would suggest that is fairly steep.  We have 3 pools on our urbanisation, each with its own garden area, shared by approximately 150 properties.  Our community fees are €400 A YEAR.  It was €500 originally but reduced 2 years ago due to a surplus of funds. 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2007 5:10 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Dean, I'm origionally from Sheffield but left many years ago when it still had a city centre and steelworks!

You have a right as an owner to an explaination of how the figures were arrived at ( what should happen is that several quotes for the works should have been found and the most appropriate chosen ( not necessarily the cheapest ) to put before the meeting.

It is important that if you have ANY objections or reservations about what happened at your meeting or the costs that you respond in writing to the Presidente ( I would also lodge a copy with the administrator ) within 30 days of recieving your minutes. This will not necessarily mean that anything will be overturned but if you need to take some action in the future you will have registered your discontent legally.

You can also have access to the Community accounts, usually in the offices of the administrator, if you are unhappy with the way things are.

Is yours a big Urbanisation? What is the amount you are expected to pay yearly? We have 184 apartments and the fees have remained static at 300€ for two years and with careful husbandry many things have been provided for the Community from this amount.

It is prudent to say though, that there must always be some leeway when a Community is first set up and everyone will have more experience next year of finances etc. As long as complete accounts are kept you will be able to see where your money has gone.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
16 Jul 2007 7:38 PM by Dean Star rating in Sheffield UK/ Green .... 20 posts Send private message

Dean´s avatar

Hi Karensun

We have 32 2 bed townhouses and 10 3 bed townhouses all with underground parking and small front and rear gardens.  there is a communal pool and garden, the pool being approx 15mtrs by 3-4mtrs.  Our fee has been set at 650 euros a quarter which I think is excessive but I also understand this should be revised down in subsequent years once things have been stabilised.

Dean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Dream - 24 posts
ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts
Contact name and number for Iberdrola - 2 posts
House Shares - 1 posts
FREEBIES - 2 posts
3 Molinos - Anyone Buying Or Know Of The Development? - 3 posts
Phoning home? - 2 posts
Furniture Wanted - 19 posts
Purchasing property in the Spanish Countryside between Alicante and Murcia - 10 posts
The stockmarket - 4 posts
Interesting/cool photos! - 39 posts
signing of escrutura - 5 posts
how easy is it to get a mortgage........ - 5 posts
Spanish Bubble Burst - 7 posts
Housing Transaction Costs in Europe - 2 posts
Problem mortgage broker - 11 posts
Grupo Trampolin's site at Albudiete called Royal Dream - 4 posts
Average Wages In Spain - All trades etc - Commuting to UK? - 10 posts
visit to town council - 3 posts
New or resale - 53 posts
El Banditos Puerto Banus - 1 posts
Polaris clause 4.2 - 5 posts
Clause 4.2 Polaris World - 2 posts
Are there any special rules for transporting domestic pets from Hong Kong to Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x