Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by david_t Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Link to virus website removed

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:38 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Mmmmmm, this looks like an unsolicited advertisement to me

Your testimonial would look better on their website were it working.  My anti-virus detected a malicious script at the site and closed down my browser.

If you are going to publicise your company David, at least wait till your site is up and running!

How many people do you think will fall for this???

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:38 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Welcome David, Hope yours is a genuine story because it's great to hear the good stories as well as the horror one's. Unfortunately because people get upset and angry the negative stories are the one's that tend to get most coverage.

Alan

This message was last edited by alanwspencer on 4/26/2007.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:42 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

You just beat me to it Gillespie,

Antivirus is going haywire now!

Nice idea for an advert bad idea for a website!!!

We must have built in radar gillespie,

Nice try though!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:48 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 2:50 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Yes georgia, I thought you would be on to it.   I had a giggle at the false testemonials, I guess all their clients who sent them must have gone to the same school and learned the same spelling and gramatical errors from a disfunctional teacher.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:28 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Gillespie,

Yeah the nasty smell of rat was coming from my laptop so i thought i would take a peek.

You would think if you were going to advertise like that you would at least make it beleivable.

I think after being in the business for so long you develop an "scam instinct"

It's a shame you can't bottle it we would make a fortune!

Regards

GEORGIA

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:37 PM by david_t Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

First off I would like to say no I am not the owner of the company and no I do now work for them as I live in England.

Second I would like to say to people who doubt me that I know people can be sceptical it's built into human nature and us Brits seem to be the most sceptical of the lot, but when you go and accuse a valid company of making false testimonials, it was bad enough you accused me, and then saying they must have all gone to the same school with the same teacher wouldn't it be wise to make sure your own spelling is correct. Far be it from me to criticise but there are 3 spelling mistakes in your post Gillespie testemonials, gramatical and disfunctional should in fact be testimonials, grammatical and dysfunctional..

As for the reason I wrote this testimonial was after all the bad press Spain has received recently in newspapers and on the tv and especially some of the bigger agents, I thought it would be wise to let people know that not every company is like that as I know as I've had some dealings with the bigger companies in the past and reading some of the things on here glad I didn't buy anything thro. I have just bought a Villa off plan at United Golf Resort near Murcia and so far I have had no problems whatsoever but believe me if I do you will be the first to know.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:39 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

georgia,

Bottled estate agent wisdom??? It should catch on but, will never outsell the current bestseller "bottled banana skins"

As for the "nasty smell of rat" coming from your laptop, better check your CD drawer

I didn´t know you were a personal friend of the Chief Constable! Can he do anything to get my white-line transgression case cancelled?

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
David, I have edited your original post as the website you linked to crashed my entire PC...and I had about 20 windows open

Please do NOT post the website address again as it obviously has some sort of virus on it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:45 PM by david_t Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Ok I will contact Spanish Dream and tell them about this virus as my anti virus has not picked it up but everyone else is. Looks like it's also time for me to get a new anti virus.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 3:53 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Gillespie,

Well connected me!!!

My daughter made friends with a lovely little spanish girl at school and we got invited around for a meal.

Her father is second in command at Algorfa Police and half the bloody flying squad were there!!!!!

After a nervous start  we became very good friends thus bringing with it all the other officers friends and family as well,great people to know and always a great evening as if you think we have funny stories you should hear them go on.

I have a collection of business cards from them for different difficult situations i may find myself in??

It's great!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. i can now knock on a door,shake hands,slip off a fake rolex and drop it in my pocket in one precise movement in about 3 seconds flat after that first meeting.

Regards

GEORGIA

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:21 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks Justin,

Looks great.

Speak to you when i get back.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 4:54 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

Now David are you sure about this, cos now you´ve gone and slipped in the project name.!!!

Also you said  "I do now work for them as I live in England"   The "now" must surely be a "not"  or maybe they could offer you a commission if you refer a client?

My "typos" are accepted here as I was a freelancer back in the UK for The Guardian!  Still I wonder if Justin has ever seen my request for a spell checker and preview facility?

Yes we can be a sceptical lot here, and your post did read like a self crafted agents promotional scam.

You also crashed Justin´s computer!! that is a more serious offence than running over an estate agent,  he´s only just bought it you know!!

Incidentally Justin, my Opera browser never gets viruses but neither does it show the formatting tools ...Any chance of makeing it Opera compatible??

Well if you are genuine David you will hang around for a while, and if you´re not , we shall tell by your posts what you are!!

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:03 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Same with my computer but fortunately anti virus software clicked in.

Impey

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:14 PM by david_t Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes that is a typo on my part sorry for that.

I didn't come on here to pick a fight with anyone so sorry if I have indeed offended anyone.

As for the website I have informed Spanish Dream and hopefully they will take it from there and try to rectify the problem.

I will be sticking around on this forum as it seems to have a good community and good infomation.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:28 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

Gillespie

If you install the Google tool bar you will get a spell check

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 5:55 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Problem is tinto it slows my laptop down, it´s slow enough as it is but with the google bar my hard drive fan stays on all the time and my window display lights go dim!!

Like 0      
26 Apr 2007 11:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 10:56 AM by david_t Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Spanish Dream contacted me this morning thanking me for notifying them of the problem as they were unaware of it.

They told me they had to contact their website hosts to find out what had happened and that the tech support reply said that it was caused by a PHPBB code exploit on another domain which inserted a 1x1 iframe into the home page which called up another website and that they also had to delete their home page from the server and reupload it. They also apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts
Contact name and number for Iberdrola - 2 posts
House Shares - 1 posts
FREEBIES - 2 posts
3 Molinos - Anyone Buying Or Know Of The Development? - 3 posts
Phoning home? - 2 posts
Furniture Wanted - 19 posts
Purchasing property in the Spanish Countryside between Alicante and Murcia - 10 posts
The stockmarket - 4 posts
Interesting/cool photos! - 39 posts
signing of escrutura - 5 posts
how easy is it to get a mortgage........ - 5 posts
Spanish Bubble Burst - 7 posts
Housing Transaction Costs in Europe - 2 posts
Problem mortgage broker - 11 posts
Grupo Trampolin's site at Albudiete called Royal Dream - 4 posts
Average Wages In Spain - All trades etc - Commuting to UK? - 10 posts
visit to town council - 3 posts
New or resale - 53 posts
El Banditos Puerto Banus - 1 posts
Polaris clause 4.2 - 5 posts
Clause 4.2 Polaris World - 2 posts
Are there any special rules for transporting domestic pets from Hong Kong to Spain - 0 posts
Here you go Smiley... - 31 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x