Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2009 5:37 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Hi

I too was pleased to see comments from someone who works for DYS.  I had written on another thread about having to pay the insurance or leave a deposit and e-mailed DYS directly and not received a reply either!

Looking back, it was an Auriga Crown booking through DYS, so am I now correct in thinking that as long as its one of the other rental companies, ie. Goldcar, Centauro etc, that we won't be bullied into the extra insurance or deposit? I am not sure the people behind us the queue at the airport desk will be very happy if we have to delay further by making phone calls to DYS, but at least thats an option.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 5:54 PM by DoYouSpain Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Goldcar, for example, now charge 35eur for one-way rentals of less than 7 days. AurigaCrown don't charge for one ways on bookings made with DoYouSpain. All the information is on the rental voucher.

Customers should never be bullied into leaving a deposit if they don't want to take the extra insurance. If customers have any problems with this then it's always better to call us whilst still in the airport and we can sort the matter out with the office there and then. Goldcar and Centuaro don't require a deposit.

Claire Davis

DoYouSpain

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 7:51 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

deleted comment as Claire had already answered my question sorry!

This message was last edited by Annie21 on 18/06/2009.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2009 8:08 PM by the toffees Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for the clarification Claire (DYS).

It really is good to see you on this forum.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 10:04 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

It's great to see Claire & DYS engaged in the debate and helping answer so many questions for people. 

I booked through EasyCar for 3 trips.  There was no mention of the 300 euros deposit on web site for the first booking which was with Auriga Crown, but checking back later, it had been added to quotes.  The second was with Goldcar, which had no huge deposit, but on collection of the car at the airport, their 'additional' insurance has shot up!  It was previously the usual extra for tyres etc, now it's like an additional comprehensive cover, added on top of what is supposedly comprehensive insurance included in the price (if that makes sense). 

When travelling alone it scares me that i might be out in a car and not covered should anything go wrong, so I pay.  When not alone I don't pay.  The point is that costs of hiring a car are becoming unaffordable.  After payment on booking, then the extra insurance, then paying for a full tank (at prices for a mini car that would fill the huge tank in my big car at home), it more than doubles the cost of my trip. Is it going to get worse if the car suppliers don't have enough cars or impossible for most people to afford!  Irene may be right and buying is the safest option.

Jane

Like 0      
19 Jun 2009 6:02 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 795 posts Send private message

Hi it comes to some think when you can not trust the car hire company's to have a car for you at the airport?.If the banks wont lend the car hire company's the money to buy new cars we will all be driving older hire cars? then more break downs in the older cars and with the added extra costs for the Tyres and windows and deposit we have to leave and they are all charging a lot more now to hire the cars.Reluctantly this has made me look at buying a car Irene

Like 0      
25 Jun 2009 2:46 PM by njones Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have a Peugeot Partner booked for the 2 middle weeks of July directly Auriga Crown from Alicante.  I'm concerned that there will be no car when we turn up very late on a Saturday night....with our 3 year old. 

I've e-mailed Auriga and they have advised it is just a case that their 'Summer fleet' has been delayed which has caused the recent problems.  The new fleet is expected early July and they can therefore '!00% guaruantee that our booking will be honoured. 

Can anyone else provide a further update on this?  I would rebook elsewhere but cannot find a similar car at a reasonable cost.  We need a car that can seat 4 adults and a child in a car seat in comfort.....and we had budgeted the €270 we have booked with Auriga for. 

Like 0      
26 Jun 2009 7:50 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Jean,

Just a word of caution F&C  have a 250 euros CDW ,THEREFORE IT IS NOT A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

REGARDS KEN

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 2:20 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I've just sent an e mail to F & C to check how much extra it would be for a zero excess and the cost of a tank of fuel for a Matiz. 

We used Goldcar in March, I started of with a voucher price of 72 Euros and by the time I walked away it was 220 euros! I was charged 92 euros for fuel. You have been warned.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 7:30 AM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

If we summarize this thread,we have Auriga Crown who want 300 euros off your credit card ,then return it via your credit card for CDW.

We then have Gold car who are having a laugh with fuel charges.

We have F&C who have a 250 excess excess hidden in the small print.

We have concerned posters who have heard that Auriga Crown have turned customers away at the Airport ,when they had a voucher.

This message was last edited by kenshaz on 27/06/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 9:55 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Plus

Atesa (booked through doyouspain) who turned away 2/6 groups last Wednesday even though one had paid in advance!(they used Expedia) and would not honour the extra driver promise....they charged an extra 7 euros a day!!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 10:18 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Yes happened to one of my clients last week, arrived at San Javier airport and no car, an other company had a car and ended up with a very expensive taxi to resort plus no car for the 5 days

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 11:47 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

I got a nice quick reply from FC rent a car. A tankful of fuel for a Matiz is 48 Euros. I asked about extra insurance to cover the excess and I post their response here

'We do not have any extra insurance, it is fully comprehensive insurance and the excess if you have any accidents or car is brought back damaged, you are responsible for certain things like cost of tyre repairs, loss of hubcaps, loss of keys, radio etc'.

Sounds like you could be liable for any mark on the car? What have others found using them?

This message was last edited by kev2006n on 27/06/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 12:29 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Please keep telling your stories on this thread and then use the companies that are fair and open,and do not let you down. Short term they might win ,but long term we will be the winners. Name ,names.

I know that this web-site has helped brokers and hire companies,it can also do the reverse.

I would never hire a car that had a 250 euros CDW,you would be driving around petrified of  the slightest scratch,so F&C,you had your moment of fame. Read the small print.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 1:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Our keyholders were telling us last night about a couple that hired a car for two weeks from Murcia and on arrival were only allowed it for 4 days! They then had to hire a car locally for the remainder of the stay and our keyholders ended up taking them to the airport. Not sure of the companies involved though.

Mark

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:02 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi All

I always thought all car hire firms charged an excess unless you paid for extra insurance. We hired from lots of companies when visiting Spain and they always took a copy of credit card in case of accident / damage.

It is even worse when we hire in UK. They take 500GBP from your credit card unless you are willing to pay a ridiculous daily amount for no excess. All this and nearly 200GBP per week for smallest car off season!

Jean

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 6:23 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar

Ayrez,

CDW is if you have a scratch on the external paintwork etc you pay nothing ,most brokers deal with companies that operate that system ,but with F&C ,you pay the first 250 euros of any claim.

The 300 euros that Auriga Crown want is for lost keys,under car damage and windscreen,tyres .

Therefore whilst F&C  give a cheaper quote,you have to live with the chance that you might be bumped in a Supermarket car park etc

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 11:00 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Right, here we go.  I reckon this one has to be the best yet.

Looked for a people carrier for 13 days in August.  Yes, most of the quotes are ridiculous but this one must beat the lot.

13 days beginning of August with Auto Europe from Alicante airport quoted at...............£3,411.  Good God, I wanted to rent the thing not bloody buy it!!!

£1,459.96

£3,411.48

Like 0      
27 Jun 2009 11:13 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi bobaol

Wow did you add the fuel on?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 12:11 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Actually you got me thinking so I checked.  They do have a full/full policy so one up to them.  However, that 3,400 quid DOES NOT  include excess insurance and has a 1110 euro excess on it.  You can pay extra for top up insurance but it doesn't say how much.

I wonder how many bookings this company actually gets?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts
AGM Minutes - 0 posts
Re: Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
To sell or not to sell - that is the question - 1 posts
Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
Sapphire Businesses and Sapphire Real Estate - 0 posts
Buying a bar in Fuengirola, Money paid to agent/solicitor but they have both disappeared - 25 posts
van wanted - 0 posts
Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back - 4 posts
Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts
Looking for a reliable airport transfer company for Gibraltar-Estepona - 0 posts
equestrian direct alhaurin - 0 posts
package of terrace furniture - 0 posts
tru smoothies - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x