Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jun 2009 4:09 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

bobaol, You must have entered the dates wrongly. I just did it and the prices were from £465.12!

Cars available for pick-up in Alicante, Spain at Alicante Airport.
A 12-day rate is shown below. (1 Aug 2009 @ 12:00 - 13 Aug 2009 @ 12:00).
Search Another: Country | Date, City or Class | Location

Citroen Berlingo with ac
Manual
Economy (EVMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Price includes zero excess insurance
Car Photo
Zoom
465.12 GBP 
discounted rate of the day!
original rate: 553.71 GBP
Citroen Berlingo with ac
Manual
Economy (EVMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Car Photo
Zoom
468.00 GBP 
original rate: 557.14 GBP
Ford Focus Estate with ac
Manual
Compact (CWMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Car Photo
Zoom
522.72 GBP 
original rate: 622.28 GBP
Renault Scenic 5 pax with ac
Manual
Midsize (IVMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Car Photo
Zoom
642.86 GBP
Citroen Picasso 5 pax with ac
Manual
Midsize (IVMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Car Photo
Zoom
649.70 GBP
Volkswagen Touran 5 pax with ac
Manual
Midsize (IWMR)
4 Doors, A/C 
Car Photo
Zoom
776.17 GBP 
original rate: 924.01 GBP

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 5:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Nope.  Entered the dates correctly.  Travelsupermarket.com from 30th July to 12th August at 13 days and those were the prices that came up for a people carrier.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 5:20 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Well I listed the amounts I've got from Auto Europe for you in a previous post. Thanks Kevin

Like 0      
28 Jun 2009 11:24 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

I spoke to our local car hire guy and he says that the reason car hire is expensive and hard to find this year is because, the car hire companies buy their cars on 6 month contracts and then they get exported, but the export market has died, so they are not buying as many cars.  I am getting silly money quotes for August from San Javier airport.

Alyson

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 3:11 PM by louisen Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

Hi I can't seem to find anything reasonable either.  Prices have doubled over last year for the same period. The cheapest I've been able to find is aorund €800 for 3 weeks, July/August. I tried the suggestions below and if they are cheap they don't have the cars.

Anybody got any ideas?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 3:11 PM by louisen Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

Hi I can't seem to find anything reasonable either.  Prices have doubled over last year for the same period. The cheapest I've been able to find is aorund €800 for 3 weeks, July/August. I tried the suggestions below and if they are cheap they don't have the cars.

Anybody got any ideas?

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 5:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We looked for our break in Sept/Oct with Carjet, Doyouspain etc, & Carjet quoted 1122.00€ for 42 days without the extra insurance we always would buy to cover tyres, windscreen, glass, underside. That was for a Renault Clio 5 dr or similar.

Needless to say we decided to buy & now are the proud owners of our own car in Spain. Let no man/woman prang it either.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 01/07/2009.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 5:14 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Morerosado, I think the idea of buying a car is the best. Love to know what you got, where, when, how and price. I am a nosey devil! I'm out tomorrow morning so I do hope you can reply tonight. I've given up for tomorrow and am getting a friend to collect me from the airport. kevin

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 5:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Kevin

When you posted in this thread Framon Motors I said I'd sent you a PM which I did 27/6 12:43hrs but you said in that thread you haven't access to your PMs even though you've made many posts. That PM explained how we went about it. I want to keep certain things in a PM so sorry.

I did say in the Framon thread that ..

Our friends have a Red Seat Leon, 5 door, 1.6, 16valve, petrol, with climate Control. Registered Oct 2000, 2 yr ITV, full service history, quality reliable car. 3700€. (but we wanted a much newer car). We have others friends selling their blue Nissan Micra 1.4 2003, 75000 km, excellent runner, reliable and economical, 2,700€  

The Seat Leon's lovely, been in it many times.

Check out adverts in posts no 1802 & 1806  HERE  (Cars have been reduced since ads were posted)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 01/07/2009.

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 7:21 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Morerosado, I do understand. I still can not access private messages! I've been trying for a while and filled in 2 or 3 requests. I'll try and log in whilst in Spain. The two cars you mwention do sound attractive. I wonder how much they have come down by. I'm out there for 12 days without a car. So it might be difficult to get around. Kevin

Like 0      
01 Jul 2009 7:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Kev, if you've read my post about these cars & read the owners posts (see link I gave you & post numbers) you'd see that I've stated their new prices, one has been reduced by 200€, one by 300€.

Why not ring the numbers on the posts, I've just spoken to my friend Richard who tells me the Seat Leon's still available & I understand from Marian the Nissan Micra is too.

Good luck.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 8:43 PM by steward66 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Update.Just to confirm that I did manage to hire a car from F & C for 414euros plus petrol ,another 40 which I thought  was v.good.

I've tried to get a refund from Do You Spain but as usual they don't reply to any emails ,so that's the last time I use them.

Perhaps Claire Davis might read this,you never know ?!!

Good luck to anyone trying to rent.    Andy

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 10:24 AM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

I can't understand why you are all getting your knickers in a twist about excesses,for many years we have taken out a worldwide excess policy for £49(Europe),with Insurance4carhire(check their website);this covers all excesses,and in the rare event of a claim they pay up promptly

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 11:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Actually carsafe http://www.insurance4carhire.com/ do not cover every eventuality. I spoke about this previously in a post as I emailed them specifically about it.

If you look at certain car hire companies conditions (& I quote Auriga Crown conditions for one)  they say you are not covered (unless taking their policy) for gear box (which no one can really say if that was due to you or another previous driver) see Auriga conditions Scroll down to Super Insurance.

It says if you do not agree to take out their insurance you are required to leave 300€ deposit. (If you book through DoyouSpain Claire Davis who posts as 'Doyouspain' has said on here 18 Jun 2009 13:09 that they have instructed Auriga Crown not to do this with their clients, but whether or not this is actually happening is anyones guess). 

When I emailed http://www.insurance4carhire.com/  & asked about the gear box they said categorically they did not cover this. Ask them. They say.....

EUROPE 31• Covers Excess on damage to the rental vehicle including the undercarriage, Excess on theft, and damage to windows and tyres 

However, if you hire cars in Europe a lot they are ok on price. For £49 they only cover the Policy Holder, who must be the person hiring the car, and all additional drivers named on car rental agreement  (up to 7) so if you give another person's name as hiring the car even though you as the policy holder are a named driver, you're not covered unless you've paid for that (Europe Family and partners option £79) 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 30/07/2009.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 7:32 PM by Waddle Star rating in Chesterfield & Los N.... 210 posts Send private message

Waddle´s avatar

We booked through Do You Spain for Auriga Crown, arrived in Murcia late June

When I mentioned to the guy at the desk that I had been informed that I didnt have to pay the €300 deposit, he said this arrangement does exist with some brokers, but not Do You Spain !

Needless to say, I had to pay up

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 12:38 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Seeing as Claire Davis posting as DOYOUSPAIN hasn't been back into this thread I can understand why now, far too embarrassing. I copy her posts in this thread below & have highlighted relevant text.  

She first posted......

17 Jun 2009 18:50
 I work for DoYouSpain and would like to take this opportunity to clear up a few of the issues mentioned in this thread relating to our company.

Indeed AurigaCrown have been forced to cancel bookings for DoYouSpain and other agencies like ourselves.

Immediately on receiving news of the cancellations by AurigaCrown, we advised our customers and made an alternative booking. As the cancellations were last minute for ourselves as well as for the customer, some of the vehicles we arranged were at a higher price than the one previously confirmed by AurigaCrown. In this case we will be refunding the difference in the two hire prices to all affected customers. As 'steward66' points out, in some cases the difference to be refunded is considerable but we can assure all customers that the money will be refunded.

Regarding Mr Price's post below, we have since offered to refund the difference in the hire price between the AurigaCrown booking and the one with Goldcar.

Although we have heard reports that not all agencies have advised their customers of the cancellations I'm pleased to say that this is not true in our case. Other agencies have left their customers stranded at the airport with no explanation  or alternative vehicle.

Our primary concern throughout this unfortunate situation has been to make sure that DoYouSpain customers are not left stranded at the airport without a vehicle and that by taking an alternative vehicle they are not left out of pocket.

We would like to reiterate that we have taken this problem very seriously and for this reason made every effort to look after all our customers which have been affected.

Claire Davis

DoYouSpain

-------------------------------------------------------------

18 Jun 2009 11:48

Good morning all

Yes, it has been a worry for us too, but I'm happy to say we've been able to find a solution. If you haven't received an e-mail then you can be assured that your booking is okay.

Regarding the 300eur deposit with AurigaCrown, it is true that this has been introduced for customers booking directly with them. However, customers of DoYouSpain who do not wish to take the extra insurance or leave the deposit are not obliged to do so. Customers can always contact us while they're still in the AurigaCrown office and we will be happy to help you resolve the situation there and then.

We've tried to contact every customer who has questions related to the AurigaCrown situation - I'm sorry to hear that PGM has not received a reply.

If you have an urgent question you can also contact us by telephone. Our number is 0034 964 830995. We would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Claire Davis

DoYouSpain

---------------------------------------------------

18 Jun 2009 13:09

It is true to say that in the beginning AurigaCrown charged the 300eur deposit to the customer's credit card.

However, after our insistence that this was not the best way to go about matters, they now just block this amount from the credit card (rather than actually taking the money and then refunding it) so that customers from the UK are not prejudiced by fluctuations in the exchange rate.

If our customers have any questions regarding a specific booking, we request that they contact us directly by e-mail (info2) or telephone (0034 964 83 09 95).

We are attending to all queries as quickly as possible in order to put our customers minds at rest. Again, for any urgent queries we are also contactable by telephone.

Claire Davis

DoYouSpain

---------------------------------------------------------

18 Jun 2009 17:54

Goldcar, for example, now charge 35eur for one-way rentals of less than 7 days. AurigaCrown don't charge for one ways on bookings made with DoYouSpain. All the information is on the rental voucher.

Customers should never be bullied into leaving a deposit if they don't want to take the extra insurance. If customers have any problems with this then it's always better to call us whilst still in the airport and we can sort the matter out with the office there and then. Goldcar and Centuaro don't require a deposit.

Claire Davis

DoYouSpain

This message was last edited by morerosado on 31/07/2009.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 12:46 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

I've got one of her emails too. I still haven't had a reply to my emails or a refund 

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 12:48 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Milli

It makes you wonder why she came into EOS in the first place doesn't it if DYS weren't going to honour promises.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 1:00 AM by milli56 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

DYS have always been good to use, that's why we kept going back. maybe it's time to use someone else

I'll keeep emailing Claire Davis & Alex M yer at DYS for the nuisance effect 

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 5:46 PM by Waddle Star rating in Chesterfield & Los N.... 210 posts Send private message

Waddle´s avatar

Its alright suggesting you can ring Do You Spain whilst at the desk but when you have already waited 20 mins + to be served and have a queue of people behind you, the last thing you want is to be further delayed trying to work out who is telling the truth.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts
AGM Minutes - 0 posts
Re: Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
To sell or not to sell - that is the question - 1 posts
Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
Sapphire Businesses and Sapphire Real Estate - 0 posts
Buying a bar in Fuengirola, Money paid to agent/solicitor but they have both disappeared - 25 posts
van wanted - 0 posts
Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back - 4 posts
Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts
Looking for a reliable airport transfer company for Gibraltar-Estepona - 0 posts
equestrian direct alhaurin - 0 posts
package of terrace furniture - 0 posts
tru smoothies - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x