Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2009 5:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

'Its alright suggesting you can ring Do You Spain whilst at the desk but when you have already waited 20 mins + to be served and have a queue of people behind you, the last thing you want is to be further delayed trying to work out who is telling the truth.'

Russ & Louise  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 7:50 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi,

In June, after a late evening flight,  we were 6th in the queue at the Atesa counter at Alicante and waited 90mins+ to be served. 

A lot of time was used by the 2 lots of folks ahead of us  who were turned away because they were 'not on the on list'.

Phone calls, copies of vouchers, printouts of confirmation of payments in advance meant nothing. Paper work was ignored. The computer list ruled!!!!

So ..we waited and waited whilst the arguements raged. 

We were lucky ..we got the car we booked.

Must admit..if we had been one of the ones turned away I would have argued and argued my point regardless of the queue behind me .

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 2:05 PM by LadyV Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hello

I might be a bit of a different view on car hire in Spain. My husband and I have resided on the Costa del Sol for the last 6 years and own a small rent-a-car company. I'm not touting for business so I won't even tell you who we are.

We experienced our worst winter ever at the back end of 08 going into 09 at the hands of the big car hire companies and the wonderful Do you Spain. In general there was an over supply of cars and not enough people renting due to lack of tourism during the winter months in a recession, hence the reason you could obtain very cheap car hire, naturally this couldn't continue and the leasing and finance companies have pulled the plug on the likes of the big car hire companies, which now means there isn't enough cars to go around and the prices have gone sky high. With the economic situation in Spain being just as bad as the rest of Europe if not worse, I wouldn't imagine that anything is going to change much in the next year or so in regards to supply of cars - the Spanish banks and finance companies just won't take the risk.

I my opinion you would always be better going to a car hire company directly rather than using an agent like DYS, at the end of the day they are just a middle man taking money on behalf of someone else and taking a cut along the way.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2009 2:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi ladyV, welcome. Yes, I think our members these days are well aware from the many posts in many threads, not always posted in the Driving in Spain ones, many are in General Chat or the newbies sections, that the banks haven't financed car hire companies as much as they (the car hire companies) would like recently.

I've often checked prices however with Carjet & DYS compared with booking direct & I've found booking direct hasn't been cheaper. I guess car hire companies give the likes of Carjet & DYS huge discounts to get bookings through them so, even though Carjet & DYS obviously make something it's still cheaper to book through an agent.

Having been quoted serious money to rent cars recently as we're in Spain over a month each time every couple of months we invested in our own car in June.

** Regarding advertising, which of course you aren't, can I suggest that you put your website as your signature as many do here to help generate revenue for you. That is totally acceptable. You can add text explaining why members should ask you for a quote too, just a couple of lines. Have a look around, see others signatures. Many are blatant with massive text but that's frowned on somewhat.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2009 3:03 PM by steward66 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Another update regarding possible refund from Do You Spain.

Credit where credit's due ,I've recently received a £155 refund from DYS due to the difference in my car rental agreement.(see start  of thread )

It was something I'd written off but out of the blue I receive a letter from my bank confirming the transaction & I've checked it online too.

So well done all those at DYS & thank you, your credit has been restored !

Andy

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts
AGM Minutes - 0 posts
Re: Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
To sell or not to sell - that is the question - 1 posts
Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts
Sapphire Businesses and Sapphire Real Estate - 0 posts
Buying a bar in Fuengirola, Money paid to agent/solicitor but they have both disappeared - 25 posts
van wanted - 0 posts
Malaga Airport car hire, Fuel tank full out/full back - 4 posts
Car Insurance for UK Plates - 41 posts
Fancy a game ? - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Nati!!! - 10 posts
Try Before You Rent, Would This Work ? - 2 posts
CONTACT ME IF OWED MONEY FROM VILLAPAC - 0 posts
taxi service - 1 posts
Rental needed for 5 weeks in Spain - 9 posts
Gas Natural - 0 posts
Property Agent - 3 posts
refused mortgage - 6 posts
Van Hire in Albox - 0 posts
Looking for a reliable airport transfer company for Gibraltar-Estepona - 0 posts
equestrian direct alhaurin - 0 posts
package of terrace furniture - 0 posts
tru smoothies - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x