The Market - Bottomed Or still more to come???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2007 12:28 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

I remember the day interest rates hit 15%,my mortgage payment was about £100 short of my take home pay.

I hung in and sold the house 5 years later for a decent profit.

28th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tan is not gonna be up to scratch by then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expecting a call today,as when they rang Tusday was really busy.

Waiting by the phone now!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
17 May 2007 12:31 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Gillespie,

Have you had contact from you know who????!!

Can the revolution wait a bit,i need a haircut!!!

Regards

georgia

Like 0      
17 May 2007 1:08 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar

I bought my first house in 1982 and sold it in 1985 for double the money.  Bought my second in 1985 and sold it in 1989 for more than double despite the fact that 3 months before a plane crashed in my back garden.  The house was in Kegworth and it was the M1 air-crah  -47 people killed.  I was the last house in the village and there were people crawling all over my garden looking for parts!

So in the long term we will all make money on our property.  In the short and medium term, enjoy what you have and where you have it,  ie the sunniest and healthiest place in Europe

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
17 May 2007 1:12 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
georgia, pm me with your mobile if you don´t mind, I shall call you back.  re "La Revalucion"  -  Obviously I shall ring after your hair-cut - will you be having local anastethic of gas???

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
17 May 2007 1:19 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Gillespie,

Have sent you my number.

Nipping into the medico for haircut !may need anestetic and to be surgical removed.

regards

Georgia

Like 0      
17 May 2007 6:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Rixxy said ".....the big big difference is here the Spanish themsleves are stable - and are buying!" 

Hooray, some common sense and positivity at last, that's what I like to hear. But God forbid any of the Doom & Gloom merchants should actually consider selling to Spanish! They're so blinkered in their perception of the market, they don't even realise there is a Spanish market. I've always said that if you buy on an sprawling new urbanization in the middle of nowhere, where there's no existing infrastructure, and which is exclusively marketed to foreigners (i.e. non-Spanish) then you're asking for trouble and pretty much deserve what you get.

Phew, now I've got that off my chest......I know what's happening on the 28th  but I won't tell !!!!!!!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 May 2007 11:02 PM by Telemachus Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

For the record, the people in whose country you live are called 'Spaniards' not 'Spanish'.

I think you'll find that Spanish is the language they speak. You can refer to them as the Spanish but not simply as Spanish which apart from being wrong sounds vaguely insulting.

Like 0      
17 May 2007 11:51 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Obviously, Telemachus bought on a sprawling new urbanization in the middle of nowhere, where there's no existing infrastructure, and which is exclusively marketed to foreigners, and is feeling vaguely foolish, hence the need to pedantically point out my minor grammatical error, which I hardly think is likely to have caused anybody offence. I could highlight your own errors in previous posts, but I don't think anybody is interested. We're supposed to be discussing the topic in the thread header, not individual member's styles of writing or expertise with language.

Regards,

The British.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 May 2007 12:01 AM by Seb141 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

OK Telemachus,

Ten out of ten for the english lesson.

I have not been on this web site for long but I think Roberto probably made a grammatical error which I hope he is not going to feel obliged to apologise for.

The man gives good advise and is a reasonable person, I am sure he did not mean to insult anyone.

By the way 'alot' is two words, and just in case that was a one off grammatical error 'atleast' is two words as well. 16th May 11.17pm go look.

Before you start nit picking make sure you rite proper yourslf.

Seb

Like 0      
18 May 2007 6:41 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I hope no one is upsetting Roberto.  He's a respected member of this forum and ALWAYS contributes excellent and well thought out posts.

PLEASE keep things friendly...

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 May 2007 9:38 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi all,

Just for arguments sake,i asked my neighbour what he was?

He replied "i am Spanish".

The real question is "how does this effect the market"!!!!

Do we have to get paranoid and start using spell checkers or can we just speak as we find and all get along.

The pearls of wisdom that people offer are far more important that if they are spelt correctly.

As justin says "everyone be nice" or it may result in people being afraid to share their knowledge.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
18 May 2007 10:50 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Would I be offended if someone refers to me as English instead of British? ( or vice versa).................No!!! Argument for aguments sake!

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:21 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hmm Spanish or Spaniard???? As someone with A grade English Language O level and A grade English A Level (If I can remember what they are) I am inclined to think that Roberto was in fact gramatically correct in his usage of the terminology Spanish but then it really all depends on whether he was talking about Spanish residents as a whole or a Spanish individual and the fact that he referred to it as selling to "Spanish" and not A SPANISH, I think probably makes his use of "Spanish" correct - that being said who really gives a shit whether he said Spanish or Spaniard - it is the point he was making that is the most important thing and in that he was fundamentally correct ........... but then no change there and would not expect anything less!! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 May 2007 1:06 PM by Telemachus Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Fair play.

I was being a pedantic pain in the a**se in that last email. I'm getting old and turning into a grumpy old git. So I apologise. Plus it was obviously a case of 'the pit calling the kottle black'. My spelling isn't what it should be.

Like 0      
19 May 2007 7:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No offence taken - I've dealt with far worse in my time, which is probably why I'm also a grumpy (and usually very cynical) git myself. Thanks to everyone who took Justin's request to "be nice" to the extreme by posting nice things about me, but now let's just get back to the topic guys!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 May 2007 9:03 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

I have been getting cold feet about our prospective purchase in Duquesa after reading all the comments about the market bottoming and there being more supply than demand. 

I am in a bit more of a cheery mood after reading Roberto's post along with others and after giving it some thought have to agree that if you are in this for the long term i.e. 5 years plus and not to make a quick buck then you should be OK.

This is our 1st purchase overseas but applying the logic we have used in the UK I think we will be allright.  We have bought and sold 4 houses in the UK each time offering the asking price if the vendor agreed to take the property off the market.  A couple of times we have been advised by the agent that the vendor would accept an offer below the asking price, but our philosophy has been that if it is something that we want then we don't mind paying over the odds because in a few years time we will have what we want and the value will have increased sufficiently to make up for the extra outlay in the beginning.

Hopefully, if everything goes to plan, come June 2008 we will own beachfront on Marina Del Castillo in Duquesa (exactly what we want), and it should increase in value over the next few years and hopefully be easy to sell if and when we want to.

Kelju

Like 0      
19 May 2007 11:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Perfectly sound reasoning Kelju, so good luck and all the best to you.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 10:37 AM by DrK Star rating in London. 15 posts Send private message

Well,  just back from a two week holiday / home spotting trip to Estepona (we stayed at the glorious Kempinski Hotel - which I would recommend to anyone!!!), but, as the originator of this thread - still confused as to where the market currently resides!!!

Saw some very interesting re-sales at Alcazaba Beach and Los Granados Playa (two of our favs)  - I say interesting as even though they were above our budget, we were told that all of the properties we saw would entertain offers, which meant in reality coming down in price by up to 150K Euros!!!!!!

Be great to hear anyones thoughts (especially on these two developments!) and to update all our thoughts on the state of the market, offers, etc............e.g. anyone offered or bought in the area recently????? Would be great to hear form you!!!

Doc

Ps. Been off-line for a couple of months as we are building a home here in blighty - apologies for not getting back to some private messages that I think I received!!! Now back and still looking with a vengance!

Like 0      
12 Aug 2007 8:49 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Andalucia extends eastwards to Almeria!!

Why not look at the area between Aguilas and Mojacar....Spanish Prime Minister has just bought at Vera Playa

Access has just improved with the new motorway from Cartagena to Vera making Mercia Airport 45 mins

Also the new AVE [ Spanish High Speed Train] route between Mercia and Almeria is about to be approved and the station will be at Vera- Madrid will be 2 1/2 hours away so area will  get even more popular with the Spanish which will be good for property values

Quieter than Costa Sol -1 bed apart from 116.287 €  2 beds from 127.000 € and you can get a very nice 2 bed villa on 400m2 plot 25 mins inland for circa 178.000 €

Just about everything is cheaper at present and you can wander from A to B without having to 'join a semi motorway' !

Costa del Sol has a lot to offer,,,,,,being going there for 35 years but there are alternatives with a touch of real Spain without being isolated  

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 6:24 PM by DrK Star rating in London. 15 posts Send private message

Thanks Rowlandsbb but we have been looking at that one niche area now for two years ad know it pretty well!!! Couldn't face the prospect of a new search area - I'd probably be receiving my pension before we bought!!!!

Many thanks anyway for the tip! ;-)

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK qualified teachers in Spain - 6 posts
compensation re builders late completion - 40 posts
Estate Agent Shoots Himself!! - 10 posts
Jay White - 3 posts
Invitation to attend meeting of administrators - 8 posts
contract overdue - 2 posts
Licenses - 8 posts
bank guarantees - 14 posts
Qualifications for Spanish Property Lawyers..interesting find !!!!!!! - 8 posts
Are you receiving the newsletter? - 13 posts
Why does eveyone want to sue me? - 19 posts
Spanish builders. - 2 posts
Balsicas and Sucina - 1 posts
Focus,ITV1,February 13th - 7 posts
Grille & door alarms could be a great deterrant. - 36 posts
For TechnoApe - 0 posts
Furnishing in Duquesa, Manilva - 40 posts
almerimar - 1 posts
Getting British Channels on Spanish TV - 8 posts
Happy Valentine's Day - 23 posts
Punta Marina - 5 posts
SPIRIT OF MOJACAR - 0 posts
HELP - ANY ONE WANT TO OR KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD RENT OUT A 2 BED APARTMENT FOR OF 4-8 MARCH - MOJACAR/VERA - 3 posts
Brown's Restaurant Duquessa - 2 posts
sales jobs wanted - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 152

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x