The rain in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Does anyone over here at the moment feel like we've had enough rain to last us a lifetime?

It's been totally bucketing down for the past few days now.  We've had flooded garages in our urbanisation and a few flooded apartments too. 

I know we needed some rain but I feel someone it taking it too far!!

Any chance of some sun again please?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 10:30 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We had a few spits yesterday in Puerto Rey, but nothing major. Very cloudy and overcast though, with very little sun. Still warmer than the UK though!!

Mark

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 3:12 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

No rain here in Costa Blanca, but it is overcast.

Warm though, so that's great!

We are having a picnic on the beach with some EOS members tomorrow.

Picnic? in December?

Yeah, on the beach, might even take my bikini and have a dip!!!!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 4:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Looks like it's just us on the Costa del Sol then that have got ALL the bad weather!

Have a great picnic tomorrow Fibbs, just hope you don't get our rain....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 4:10 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks Justin,

I will try to send some sun down your end!

Have a great Christmas............

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 4:18 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Don't moan too much we were  -10 on Thursday night. At least you have warm rain.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 4:48 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Fibby, you are brave!!  We were on the beach yesterday for the afternoon and it was around 28c and I had trouble dipping my toes in the water!!!   My son had no problem, in and out of the sea, but I was quite happy just sunbathing!!

Merry Christmas to you all and wishing you only good things in 2008!!

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 4:55 PM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Come on Pitby you have been here long enough to know that its cold in the mornings now!! As low as 17C!! And that they heat the swimming pools here! My Pakistani and Indian guys are wearing balaclavas and coats now!! Better to be in Spain no extremes there!!

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 5:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Fred, with all due respect, you have to admit this month (to date) has been much warmer than previous years!!  We were sat at Jebel Ali sailing club yesterday soaking up the sun with my son wading in the sea!  And the pool there isn't heated and I tested that and it was the same as the pool at our place in Duquesa was in August!!  Even at 6.30am (when I am usually up in the morning) it is still lovely, with a fresh breeze.  My son hasn't even started wearing his sweat-shirt for school (up until they finished last week) in the morning when he leaves at 7.30am!!!  He's still in his short sleeved shirt.

Coats and balaclavas???  And they have more of an extreme climate in Pakistan and India than here!!  Your guys must be going through an identity crisis here in the UAE!!  I still haven't even got a cardigan out of the storage!!!

Merry  christmas to you Fred!  Long time no hear!!  All the best to you and yours for the festive season/

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 5:50 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well Pitby and Fred, I reckon it's Xmas in Dubai next year...............

We do have a couple of radiators on low here in Spain tonight, but all in al, it's better than being in the UK

Last week back home was piggin' freezing!

Daytime temps struggled to reach 2degs and after 4pm it fell to minus 2 for a couple of days.

So being in my bikini on the beach 2morrow at 18degs, will be heaven!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 6:26 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Enjoy, Fibby!!  Have a wonderful christmas in the sun - we are!!

Thinking of you all!  I'm off to wrap all our son's christmas presents that are coming from Santa (think it's the last year this year that Santa will be bringing them!!), so I can relax tomorrow night!  Got to get the glitter and oats ready for Rudolf's landing strip, get OH's Caterpillar boots out so he can pick up some sand to leave footprints in the house, and we'll be set to go tomorrow night!!

It's just a kid's time really, isn't it!!  Just love it!

Merry Christmas!!

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 6:28 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
PS - Fibby, you're more than welcome here in Dubai next year, if  we're here!!!

Like 0      
23 Dec 2007 7:40 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Awwwwww, thanks Pitpy, how sweet!

Oh, by the way, thanks Justin, the rain in Spain came, here to Costa Blanca about an hour ago!

not much, but it's rain!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
24 Dec 2007 1:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Sun seems to be back around here!
M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Dec 2007 1:45 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

well i really appreciate the weather reports cos im a nightmare when it comes to packing and i have not spend new year in spain before so its a bit like the hokey-cokey here ...

you put your wollies in ... woolies out ... in, out, in, out .....

etc!

This message was last edited by AuntieEm on 12/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Dec 2007 3:16 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Definitely brightened up but will take a little while for all the water to disappear and the flood damage to dry out!! Hey ho Christmas in Spain - what could be better!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 11:28 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We fly out to Alicante this pm for a post Xmas break at our apartment.  I keep an eye on the BBC weather forcast for the Alicante area which yesterday was saying Drizzle today and heavy rain tomorrow (Thursday)  then sun for a couple of days.  Now it says light rain today and sunny periods tomorrow, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Mike

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 5:21 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Well Xmas Day was full sun, got a nice coffee coloured tan, but today has been overcast and tonight a little windy.............

Or is the the norm a day after stuffing turkey down your neck all day?!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is it my imagination? - 25 posts
Loteria de Navidad - 2 posts
Orihuela - 0 posts
ATLAS INTERNATIONAL again - 66 posts
Nueva Condomina Opening Times - 0 posts
a chance to purchase - 8 posts
Advice on Spanish Lawyers ( disputes involving Developers) - 4 posts
Advice on developer/builders named Aifos (preferably in Almeria). - 5 posts
Do not take your dog to Spain - 17 posts
A weird tale - 7 posts
Wealth Tax Allowance - 4 posts
Transporting dog from the states to Canary Islands. - 1 posts
Long Term rental Los Alcazares - san Javier Required - 0 posts
Miramar Details - 12 posts
Help with Law Courts - 3 posts
Information on OLVERA,RONDA - 0 posts
Anyone else having forum trouble? - 6 posts
Voluntary dismissal - 23 posts
Anyone used rentalsystems.com? - 8 posts
Managing an S.L. Company in Spain - 5 posts
Graphic Designer / Signwriter - 0 posts
Anyone ever succesfully swapped to another completed Aifos Development ? - 26 posts
What is this? - 19 posts
Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Couple estepona for 2 years looking for st line beach apartment for LTR - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x