Anyone used rentalsystems.com?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I signed up for rentalsystems.com as it seemed a good deal. You can use their software to create a site (similar to holiday rentals and holiday lettings) with a calendar. Supposedly, any bookings you bring in yourself are free if booked through their site. If the guest decides to take advantage of paying by credit card, they levy a 2- 3% processing fee. If the booking is generated from one of their websites, they then charge the 2% processing and an 8% commission fee. So far so good, I can live with that.

Our property has been approved for their list, so I have tried it myself. I have a unique link that identifies the booking as coming from me and therefore a maximum of a 2% fee. When making the bokin, at the payment page there is a £7.50 booking fee regardless of the length of time for the rent and regardless of how much the total is. there is no mention of this £7.50 booking fee anywhere on their website, it clearly states in blck and white it should be a maximum of 2% or 10%!!

Just wondering if anyone else uses this system as it seems good in principle, but I don't want to be charged twice for using it.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 6:01 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Not heard of them but there are now many websites offering this system.

Who pays the booking fee you as the owner or the rentor? It seems if its the rentor then they are charging both of you a fee, which is ok if you are all happy with it.

Some renters may prefer to use a site where there are no hidden charges.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 6:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The way it is worded the customer pays the £7.50 as it is added at checkout. If the customer is yours, when they go to pay the deposit, they are asked how they want to pay and the 2- 3% for paying by card is displayed to them. If the customer is their referral, I assume the booking fee is still shown to them as would be the 2- 3% commission and the remaining %age charged to us for introducing them.

Just trying to work out what is best really.

Mark

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 1:02 PM by NickySpain1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I have used rental systems and found them to be useless.  I have only received 3 bookings from them in 2 years and they keep putting their charges up without any notice

Like 0      
31 Dec 2007 4:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I was only looking to use them for the calendar and the fact most of the booking can be handled by them, even if not referred. I have since found out that the £7.50 charge is levied to all persons making a booking through them, which means even those manually added by us will be affected by this charge. Oh well, back to Paypal I suppose!!

Mark

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 9:14 PM by cuica Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Commercial post

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 2/20/2008.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 9:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just put mine on. Very useable and familiar interface. I like the bookings calendar and the ability to recall all the details of the booking by hovering over the dates. I don't like that when you make an error the page is returned to you blank and you have to fill it all in again though!!

Mark

P.S. Thanks for the freebie

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 2/19/2008.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:38 AM by cuica Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for the feedback Mark,

I'll have a think about how to make the input screens more friendly.

Alex

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 1:55 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar
** EDITED ** Commercial
weve looked into different companies but when looking at the ads on them the letting success does not seem any better than we are doing on our own.
does anyone have any success stories with letting agencies?

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Managing an S.L. Company in Spain - 5 posts
Graphic Designer / Signwriter - 0 posts
Anyone ever succesfully swapped to another completed Aifos Development ? - 26 posts
What is this? - 19 posts
Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Couple estepona for 2 years looking for st line beach apartment for LTR - 0 posts
Zodiac Villas nightmare. - 25 posts
Ice Skating in Orihuela - 3 posts
Does valuation really matter? - 13 posts
Tenerife, Oasis La Caleta, La Caleta. - 4 posts
mcneils bistro flamenca beach complex - 0 posts
Wonderful Internet - 3 posts
help - 0 posts
Are you travelling from/to a BAA airport over Christmas? You may want to read this. - 2 posts
lawyer needed urgent - 1 posts
Sat Nav in Spain - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 44 posts
Belmonte International San Miguel de Salinas, Alicante - 3 posts
Does anyone know a locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 6 posts
Locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 0 posts
advice - 9 posts
Air Miles - 2 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES!" - 8 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES" - 0 posts
Property Management, make the right choice - 46 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x