Wealth Tax Allowance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by lolaron Star rating in Quesada. 40 posts Send private message

lolaron´s avatar

Can any one give me the answer to this: I am married and we intend to become resident in Spain. We have purchased a house but it is only my name on the escritura.

The house is our only residence. Would we both as individuals be entitled to the allowance of e150,253 each as husband and wife or would only one allowance be given as only my name is on the escritura. We've neen married 36years. My wifes name was accidentley omitted by the developers.

Ron

Like 0      
26 Dec 2007 4:27 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
My advice is move fast and get both your names on the property whatever the extra cost! Then make a spanish will and your worries are over! We bought last month in both our names then made wills.

This message was last edited by lifeline on 12/26/2007.

Daveil

Like 0      
27 Dec 2007 12:10 PM by lolaron Star rating in Quesada. 40 posts Send private message

lolaron´s avatar

Many thanks daveil,I have been in touch with the developer and stated I must have escritura in both names. At first they said it can not be done (my solicitor was useless) i dropped him and stated to the developer I would not be signing for the property and will be instructing another solicitor to handle the purchase. I have just had notification that they are going to see the hacienda and liquidate the sale and start a new sale in both our names. They will not accept liability and say I will have to pay a few hundred euros costs. I will accept this as it will save the cost of employing another solicitor. Alls well that ends well I hope.

Ron

Like 0      
14 Jan 2008 5:05 PM by All the help you need Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

If you were to put the property into both of your names after the signing of the escritura it would effectivly produce a new sale of half of the property which would involved a 7% transfer tax of half the value of the escritura, which will obviously be a costly exercise.  The developers are being very kind in allowing the liquidation of the sale and I would take the opportunity while it exists.

Regards,

Robert (spanish lawyer

Like 0      
14 Jan 2008 6:32 PM by lolaron Star rating in Quesada. 40 posts Send private message

lolaron´s avatar
Thanks Robert, The developers (euromarina) have now done this and the escritura will now be signed by both my wife and myself as half owners each. They are not charging me any admin costs so I must admit I am happy the way it turned out. Signing is on 24th Jan with no projected delays so I must praise them when it's due. Ron

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Transporting dog from the states to Canary Islands. - 1 posts
Long Term rental Los Alcazares - san Javier Required - 0 posts
Miramar Details - 12 posts
Help with Law Courts - 3 posts
Information on OLVERA,RONDA - 0 posts
Anyone else having forum trouble? - 6 posts
Voluntary dismissal - 23 posts
Anyone used rentalsystems.com? - 8 posts
Managing an S.L. Company in Spain - 5 posts
Graphic Designer / Signwriter - 0 posts
Anyone ever succesfully swapped to another completed Aifos Development ? - 26 posts
What is this? - 19 posts
Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Couple estepona for 2 years looking for st line beach apartment for LTR - 0 posts
Zodiac Villas nightmare. - 25 posts
Ice Skating in Orihuela - 3 posts
Does valuation really matter? - 13 posts
Tenerife, Oasis La Caleta, La Caleta. - 4 posts
mcneils bistro flamenca beach complex - 0 posts
Wonderful Internet - 3 posts
help - 0 posts
Are you travelling from/to a BAA airport over Christmas? You may want to read this. - 2 posts
lawyer needed urgent - 1 posts
Sat Nav in Spain - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 44 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x