Anyone ever succesfully swapped to another completed Aifos Development ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

We are considering swapping to another Aifos completed development which we

can buy and take possession of within a few weeks.

Has anyone ever managed to do this ?

Its the usual story. we are fed up of wating for them to buid on our current development.  

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 6:24 PM by nichola38 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi i have 2 friends who are both having trouble with aifos. both are buying on same site in torreblanca and building work has stopped all together. aifos have offered them both apartments on another site but were wanting 50 000 euros extra to do this and the site they were offered also has problems. its completed but its got no habitation licience. be very wary of this company as ive not heard 1 good thing about them. which site were you hoping to be on by now ???

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 7:55 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

thanks Nichola I have sent you a pm.

Hacienda Marina Los conchas 

Awaiting Aifos proposed swap list. 

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 11:05 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Quote:
"hi i have 2 friends who are both having trouble with aifos. both are buying on same site in torreblanca and building work has stopped all together. aifos have offered them both apartments on another site but were wanting 50 000 euros extra to do this and the site they were offered also has problems. its completed but its got no habitation licience. be very wary of this company as ive not heard 1 good thing about them. which site were you hoping to be on by now ???"

Work has been going on until about 2 weeks ago. Please don't try to stir the rumour mill, thank you

Like 0      
29 Jun 2008 9:04 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Excuse me !!

This post has been present for 6 months.

the fact that not one person has replied to it to say that they indeed have swapped to a completed Aifos
development means I think that its pretty much much certain no one ever has.

If anyone ever has please speak up now.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 7:40 AM by beck6632 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

there is a site in torreblanca that has problems . it should of been finished in 2005 and no building work has been done for a year or so. Nichola was spot on with her comment on Aifos and Fazarelli your comment was unfair and untrue. No-one has a good thing to say about Aifos. Maybe you are working for them ? 

My inlaws did move to another site but not successfully. They were due to move to a place in Riviera Del Sol but when they went to view the site they hoped was complete it hadn't even been touched. Again no building licience. After a couple of years of stress , lies from Aifos , court action and many tears they did pay extra to move onto this site in Torreblanca. They should of retired out there in 2004 after years of very hard work but now are battling in court procedures again on a second property to try and get all money back they have lost. They will never get back their retirement years or any compensation for stress all of this has caused.

So fazarelli , please try and justify Aifos's actions to a innocent retired couple whos retirement has been lost by this so called company who have ruined hundreds of peoples futures

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 10:46 AM by japonesa Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone. We are still waiting for an Aifos Property in San Fernando in Cala del Sol that should also have been ready two years ago and is currently deserted. I cannot even ascertain if Aifos are still trading or have gone bankrupt? Presumably if they should go to the wall we all just become part of a long creditors list that receives nothing or next to nothing? Even though in many cases the developments are nearly finished. Would be really grateful for any information at all about the current state of play. Many thanks

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 1:01 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

Sorry, but my first though when I saw this thread was WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WANT TO???? Awful people...

Like 0      
02 Jul 2008 7:17 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

I agree absoultely.

You really would think they might have 1 satisfied customer somewhere wouldn't you ?

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 9:56 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

"there is a site in torreblanca that has problems . it should of been finished in 2005 and no building work has been done for a year or so. Nichola was spot on with her comment on Aifos and Fazarelli your comment was unfair and untrue. No-one has a good thing to say about Aifos. Maybe you are working for them ? "

That is completely untrue. When was the last time you went to the site? I've been 3 times since last June. Work has stopped now though. Whether this is temporary or not i don't know. I know someone who works very close to the site and they have said that workers have been on the site until last month, what that means in respect to the development being finished i don't know.

Also, anyone who has an (active) interest in the development should know that the project didn't start until 2004 and therefore, with approximately 900 apartments, they knew it wouldn't be ready for 2005. That would have been ridiculous. Most reasonable people knew it was going to be late.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 10:01 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

"So fazarelli , please try and justify Aifos's actions to a innocent retired couple whos retirement has been lost by this so called company who have ruined hundreds of peoples futures"

Why would i need to do that? All i'm saying is that the person who said that work hadn't been going on for some time is wrong. I sympathise with the retirement couple but they need to know the facts, thats all i'm trying to reveal.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 1:00 PM by Digger4 Star rating in Where ever her indoo.... 6 posts Send private message

Digger4´s avatar

Dear All, if I may just enter this forum and say a couple of things. First of all 3 times since last June Fazarelli, hmmm doesn't qualify as a reliable source of information, If you'd said you's been there 15 times since last June then people may of believed you. I can tell you that I know this development very well and have seen it grow from the first shovel of earth being removed.I've been to the sight more times than I care to remember,I have been in the apartments { pigeon holes} I spoke with the securtiy guards on the occasions they have been there, I've spoken with a local Guardia Civil, who has a son who is buying on there,paid his deposit the works.
I can without doubt say....there is no building work going on.....work was halted due to the over build, then most of the employees walked off due to non payment of salaries.
This all happened long ago, long before last June, Mr Fazarelli, if you know so much and have seen so much how many cranes are still on site ?
There are no rumours being spread about, there have only been  facts.
What happens next with this site is another thing, the locals who live in the area are getting worried, vagrants etc as there has only been token security people who visit the site.
There is alot of speculation about Aifos in Spain, some say they won't go bust the government won't allow it, others say they need to be made an example of.
This is a rollercoaster ride that is nowhere near its end.What I'm finding hard to swallow is that people post on this site saying how nice and how large the apartments are and how buyers should wait and stick it out.
Just to let everyone know, Aifos monitor this site and I would bet try to use it to their advantage.
Hey Fazarelli, as your so well in the know, what was Afios's latest gimmick at the SALES OFFICE in Torreblanca, maybe you could get us all one !

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 4:49 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Mr Digger wrote - "I've been to the sight more times than I care to remember"

Well, Mr digger, what a great contribution you've made with your findings!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 5:18 PM by Digger4 Star rating in Where ever her indoo.... 6 posts Send private message

Digger4´s avatar
  Mr Fazarelli, my contributions as to the state of the Torreblanca site weren't findings, they are facts,and here in Spain as in most countries we have the freedom of speech.
Does the truth hurt in your case ?
I would suggest that any one wanting to go any further with Afios should speak a decent lawyer and take their advice. I can recommend a lawyer who was not so long ago in the SUR for his fight against Afios and how corrupt they are.
Anyone wishing his name please pm me and I'll be happy to give you his contact details..He'll also confirm that work hasn't been going on for a long time and will be able to help with the minefield that Afios have left across the Costa Del Sol.
Aifos havn't only affected the lives of expats, many Spanish have been duped or swindled by them as well.
Its a battle to get ones money returned and Aifos make it very difficult.
Good luck to all that are involved with them.Mr Fazarelli next time you tell some one they are wrong or insinuate they are lying, please be ready to back it up.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 7:20 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

You missed my point. You've made four posts and two of them were to criticise me. You say that you've been to the site more times than you care to remember but you decided to not help anyone here by enlightening us with your extensive knowledge, instead you've basically tried to undermine the efforts of other members. 

"Good luck to all that are involved with them.Mr Fazarelli next time you tell some one they are wrong or insinuate they are lying, please be ready to back it up."

If you can show everyone here the photographs you've taken of the site as of last June and compare them to my photographs taken this June, then you might be able to back up your own words. If you can do that then you will have contributed more to this forum than your previous 4 posts.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 9:53 PM by johnmfranci5 Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

Fazarelli,

Do you work for Aifos  or are paid by Aifos ?

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 12:17 AM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Yes. Of course, John.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 7:52 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Ah ha, a representative from Aifos.  Welcome. I'm sure many people would like to talk to you to find out EXACTLY what is going on with this company and it's developments.

fazarelli.  Can you post some photos of the Torreblanca site now and say six months ago?  Or let me know which one it is and we will independently go and photograph it over the next couple of months to see if there is any work going on there.  Is it the Cortijo de Torreblanca site you are referring to?  It's not far from us and we are often in Fuengirola so will be happy to take pictures.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 8:31 AM by Digger4 Star rating in Where ever her indoo.... 6 posts Send private message

Digger4´s avatar
Justin, do you honestly believe you'll get a straight answer from an Aifos rep. They are probably kept in the dark by the upper management as much as the buyers.
Alot of people would be happy with some truthful news. There are many people whose lives have been ruined by this firm.Many of these people are descent hard working folk who just wanted to buy a place and spend a happy retirement in the sun. Afios don't care about these people, only the bottom line which is money.
Individual people who have dealings with Aifos are taking their own measures, some are going to court, others are waiting it out, but how long do you wait for ?
I think Afios are now well known as a company to avoid, even the agents give them a wide berth now.The Spanish look away in disgust shaking their heads at the mention of them.
This feeling against Aifos has been brought on by Afios themselves, they only have themselves to blame for the situation they are in, but they have no Interest in answering a telephone call unless your a buyer, send them an e mail wanting to buy, they'll be on the phone in minutes.
Aifos may even start up again, remember Sofia, try the anagram.

That was a very Kind offer to go and take pics of the site Justin, my legs aren't what they used to be and that hill can be a killer on the joints the next day.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 11:37 AM by mlodowd Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

please read new tread about aifos... hacienda marina
need loads of advice !!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What is this? - 19 posts
Arenal Golf - 0 posts
Couple estepona for 2 years looking for st line beach apartment for LTR - 0 posts
Zodiac Villas nightmare. - 25 posts
Ice Skating in Orihuela - 3 posts
Does valuation really matter? - 13 posts
Tenerife, Oasis La Caleta, La Caleta. - 4 posts
mcneils bistro flamenca beach complex - 0 posts
Wonderful Internet - 3 posts
help - 0 posts
Are you travelling from/to a BAA airport over Christmas? You may want to read this. - 2 posts
lawyer needed urgent - 1 posts
Sat Nav in Spain - 7 posts
Freeview in Spain - 44 posts
Belmonte International San Miguel de Salinas, Alicante - 3 posts
Does anyone know a locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 6 posts
Locksmith in the Orihuela/Murcia area - 0 posts
advice - 9 posts
Air Miles - 2 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES!" - 8 posts
C2SKYMARBELLA HAVE NOW REOPENED AS "HILLTOP PROPERTY SERVICES" - 0 posts
Property Management, make the right choice - 46 posts
Who's active on this forum - at Bosque III? - 0 posts
Furniture Delivery - 2 posts
fines for lack of bank guarantee - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x