Malaga Airport Pickup / Drop Off Issues

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2017 9:43 AM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Hi All

Can you advise/help my partner is picking me up from Malaga off a flight that lands at midnight and we aren't sure now how he will do this, we used to do a speedy pick up outside departures (literally he would pull up and I would jump in) but with the new system making everyone go into the Express Car Park we can't do this, as he drives a high top transit van and it wont go under the over head barrier, is there a way round this for tall vehicles.   

Alot of people are saying he can't and he will be fined for illegal airport transfers, he isn't doing anything illegal well I don't think he is last time I checked it wasn't illegal to collect your girlfriend from the airport, but then again this is Spain and I am leaning a lot of crazy rules I never knew existed, who knew you couldn't rest your arm on the door as your drive or have the radio on in a petrol station :-)

Anyway if anyone has any info that might help save me walking over to the BP garage alone at midnight to find him I would be grateful.

Thanks 

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 5:53 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You can blame Terrorism.. for what you have to put up with at the airport's .if you tried to leave leave a parked car outside a UK airport it would be in bits when you got back.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 6:26 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

"You can blame Terrorism.. for what you have to put up with at the airport's .if you tried to leave leave a parked car outside a UK airport it would be in bits when you got back."

Thanks for your response, I didn't say I disagreed with the new system and  there id no intention of the vehicle being left unattended at all.  I iwas only asking if there was a system for vehicles that will not fit under the barrier into the car park due to their size.   I am guessing you don't know of any such system  So he will be unable to drop me at the airport !! 

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 7:42 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

When I there a couple of days ago there where 3 lanes. When you go into the airport stay in the middle or right hand lane as these do not go into the car park.

Hopefully it has not changed.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 8:22 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Thanks Jack5340, yes I remember the other lanes but thought these were for the taxis and coaches do you recall if there were permit/ticket barriers in those lanes ?  Worried about being fined in the wrong lanes etc.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 8:37 PM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

There were ticket barriers in all 3 lanes. If they stop you just explain that the van is too tall to get into the car park and if you are forced into the left lane you will be stuck because there is no where else to go but into the carpark.and that will bring the traffic to a stop. They are usually quite helpfull.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2017 9:03 PM by Tiggytiger Star rating in Los Boliches / Torro.... 47 posts Send private message

Great many thanks for your help/advice we will try that.. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Volunteers Needed - 0 posts
Spanish health care versus NHS.......No contest - 65 posts
Green Card - 4 posts
Polaris Creditors list available - 0 posts
Private yoga classes offered - 0 posts
Torre Del Mar rental required with my small dog? - 0 posts
Internet Access just for the Summer months - 5 posts
Is there the equivalent of a Crime Prevention Officer in Spain - 2 posts
New here, just about to complete in Benamargosa - 1 posts
Ingofersa developments in Garrucha from 2004 that were never built - 0 posts
American - Property near Tarragona, Catalonia - 4 posts
Road tax and insurance in spain - 6 posts
Recommendations for Cleaner in Duquesa Area - 2 posts
Bathroom fittings - 3 posts
4-6 week Malaga Summer rental of a BMW or similar - 2 posts
Basura - 17 posts
Rapido Claims - 1 posts
New property IBI Bill etc - 1 posts
210 form and IBI payments - 11 posts
JIMBOK - 0 posts
IKEA Malaga - anyone buying want a bargain? - 12 posts
Health insurance - 5 posts
First post. Old question. - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyer - 3 posts
Is this a scam? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x