Donald Trump immigration ban

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Feb 2017 4:14 PM by GarySFBCN Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

"Donald could not have caused that by now."

Once again, your ignorance is showing.  There have been many changes in the last few weeks, especially with immigration and 'security.'  The very day that Trump signed the executive order banning some immigrants it was immediately enforced until thrown out by the courts.   New raids by immigratation police, including ejecting people who were left alone - such as attempting to deport a woman hospitalized a brain tumor in Texas, cutting her off from all communication with her doctors and family, are happening all over the country, regardless of what the right-wing press is reporting.   Even the former Prime Minister of Norway was detained, and he had a diplomatic passport.  The changes have been rapidly implemented and profoundly destructive. 

Like 2      
25 Feb 2017 4:28 PM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

Do I detect you are not too keen on our Donald. I must remind you again Donald was democratically elected President of the United States of America and you should show him respect. God bless America.  

Like 0      
25 Feb 2017 4:58 PM by GarySFBCN Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

" Do I detect you are not too keen on our Donald. I must remind you again Donald was democratically elected President of the United States of America and you should show him respect. God bless America.   "

I see.  Instead of refuting what I wrote with facts, or affirming what I wrote, or better yet, refraining for commenting at all, you choose to deflect the conversation. 

Good day to you. 

Like 6      
25 Feb 2017 5:11 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

We have an American person on this forum and more then likely he has been brought up knowing about Donald Trump, and someone from perhaps the UK questions him about his knowledge on Trump and American affairs, not the full shilling is putting it mildly.

Like 5      
25 Feb 2017 7:48 PM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

** EDITED - inciting**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/26/2017 11:29:00 AM.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2017 10:17 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

** EDITED - off thread**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/26/2017 11:30:00 AM.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2017 9:50 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Nigel sums it up.

You Tube video:

Epic!! Nigel Farage Slams EU Over Attacks on Trump   

Before replying do your research and prove him wrong.

With facts not opinions.           

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2d3MiL76Gg&sns=em

Like 1      
03 Mar 2017 8:12 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Starting a little off track but I will get to the point.

There has been some tendancy for some years now to stick - phobia on to the end of an item and use the - phobia as a term of abuse.

Some years ago I looked up phobia and found it was 'an unreasoning fear'. Now most of the -phobias claimed were not by any means unreasoning although the name callers may ot have appreciated the reasoning.

With all the mania and hate fom Trump (from suggesting he is a dictator as bad as Hitler downwards) I was awaiting the opportunity to coin 'Trumphobia' since in many cases it would have been accurate.

However it seems I have been 'trumped' as ever since about a week ago the analysis of Trump seems to have become more measured.

Are people coming to accept that he is just another President of the USA if somewhat different from recent ones?

Like 1      
04 Mar 2017 1:14 AM by GarySFBCN Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

"Are people coming to accept that he is just another President of the USA if somewhat different from recent ones?"

No.  People are actively betting on how many days it will be before he is impeached, quits or is offed by members of his own Republican party. 

Today's news is that his attorney general committed purgery - he lied to congress while under oath. 

Again, moving this back to the original topic:

US tourism experiences a 'Trump slump'

Analysts estimate that President Trump has cost the US travel industry $185m in lost revenue, with significant drop in flight searches and bookings

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/feb/28/us-tourism-experiences-a-trump-slump

Like 0      
04 Mar 2017 8:41 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Interesting comment, particularly the..."people are actively betting on how many days it will be before he is impeached, quits or is offed by members of his own Republican party"...  If I was betting I would go long with my bet, for several reasons:

~ although he appears a bumbling novice in public speaking he's actually quite canny, his delivery is often off the cuff and easier to digest than high level well written speech.  And also he keeps it simple by repeating the message many times again appealing to his targeted blue collar audience.

~ he's good at brinkmanship, he makes provocative statements and then dilutes these when he realises he's on a loser.

~ he's surrounding himself with like minded bigots who would otherwise stay on the sidelines, so developed high ranking "loyal" support - as these people know that if Trump were to go they'll follow soon after. 

~ He's ruthless and doesn't follow the normal boundaries and no doubt his policies will appeal to some who find his openness refreshing, even those these ideas are senseless and will never happen eg the Mexico wall - paid for by the Mexicans.

The comparison with Hitler is harsh and generally unrealistic, but there are elements of similarity such as the irrational treatment of minorities.  But having a President who is an anti-establishment figure is quite extraordinary and may encourage a contest amongst his detractors to see who can be first to bring him down.  But they probably won't hurry too much, it must be done meticulously and succeed.  So I would bet long.

Like 2      
05 Mar 2017 8:04 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The latest declaration from Trump that Obama allegedly tapped his phones is just too weird.  The guy is insane and it's very worrying to me.  Does he really think that people will believe this torrent of absurd allegations?  Including banning half the press (including the BBC) for purveyors of "fake news" - just because they speak the truth.

Whatever happened to "this election is rigged"?

There is an old expression ..."you can fool some of the people, all of the time"...which seems to be true on EOS.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 2:05 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

I do not believe everything Mr Trump has to say ...he is a politician after all but I do believe that various government departments throughout the world get involved in phone tapping /the odd war and that sort of thing all the time ....to name but a few KJB/CIA/Mi5/Mi6  That is why we have them.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 05/03/2017.

Like 2      
05 Mar 2017 6:44 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It's good to have an intelligent reply - even if I don't agree with it!

Two questions - do you really think tapping phones is Obama's style (tricky Dicky yes, but Obama's has always struck me as a guy with integrity).  

Secondly why would Obama even want to tap Trump's phone?  (until the latter stages Trump was nowhere in the polls and I cannot see a motive.

Possibly as you say the CIA or FBI had a motive vis a vis Putin, but not Obama.

Surely this allegation is just another lie from the same guy who said the election was rigged against him and therefore he wouldn't accept the result (I don't recall him apologising, or even justifying that false allegation either).  

I reckon that Trump is working on the basis that if he slings enough mud around some of it will stick, even where there's no hint of any truth.   Most people would try and obtain a bit of evidence for this wild propaganda, but he just seems to think he can suck people in, which is really a bit insulting.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 7:32 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

I dont think Obama could wire a 3 pin plug ....but the people and the political establishment that he represented certainly are capable of tapping the odd one or two  phones.

Like 1      
05 Mar 2017 8:08 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Just as there is no logic in Obama wanting the tap at the time, there is no logic in Trump alleging that he did now. This may be explained by many as 'Trump is illogical' but I would expect he has a reason. Whether it be true or false.

It seems that Trump has repeated the allegation and is calling for an investigation.

It was pointed out by the BBC that there is an unwritten code that stops presidents from attacking their predecessor and vice versa. This may or not be true. But after a very dignified handover Obama has also broken this rule with his several attacks on Trump.

On the 'this election is rigged' comment it turns out Trump was right - by the founding fathers - in his favour!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 8:11 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

These yank make me laugh, did 6 weeks around the USA last year I never met a person that liked Obama now they love him, very wiered

Like 0      
05 Mar 2017 8:35 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

"12:45 p.m.

House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes says President Donald Trump's allegations that the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower last year will become part of his panel's investigation.

Mail"

Like 0      
06 Mar 2017 1:37 PM by GarySFBCN Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Only idiots believe that Obama "wiretapped" Trump.  Most Republicans Congressmen have already rejected that idea. Trump has a well-established pattern of attempting to dominate the press every weekend by doing or saying ridiculously stupid things and this was another example. 

Back to immigration, the 'revised' travel ban is supposedly being released today.  It will be interesting because Trump's spokespeople have said so much that they may have already made the case for lawyers to challenge the travel ban in court.

In another loss for Trump, he wanted to deport citizens of ANY country to Mexico.  Mexico has refused and, rightfully, will only accept Mexican deportees. 

Like 1      
06 Mar 2017 10:40 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

"Only idiots believe that Obama "wiretapped" Trump."

Not sure we have any way of assessing the truth. Literally, I guess nobody believes that Obama was in the riser in Trump tower with his pliers (conjures an interesting picture in the mind though) or even outside with a monitoring receiver. But if he allowed others to do it by omission? who knows? Unlikely, but we await some sort of proof or analysis. I'm sure there were many who would have liked to listen in to Trump's communications.

Return of illegal immigrants. I see elsewhere that you can send illegal immigrants back to the country they travelled from no matter what their nationality. The problem for the US authorities would be in prooving that they came from Mexico.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2017 9:19 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

Why should this 'Wiretapping' thing not surprise us after all we had Piers Morgan, and probably others, a couple of years ago being questioned over this very same 'Type' of thing, not on the same scale as the White House agreed, but with the technology thats about these days does anything shock anyone any more as to what they can get up to if they wanted to?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

First post. I am a cyclist and would like to know what the law for dog attacks - 7 posts
Clausula Suelo - 25 posts
Help - looking to move to south of Spain - 5 posts
Question re interest payments re Ley 58/68 and AVALS - 6 posts
I am a spanish teacher and i just started my new youTube channel - suggestions? - 5 posts
Contemplating the Big Move!! - 22 posts
Anyone looking for a solicitor in Spain? Check Costaluz Lawyers out. - 0 posts
Maria and Costa Luz Lawyers - 0 posts
Steps for Claims on Floor Clauses in Mortgage contracts - 26 posts
Do i need to be registered to be a key holder?? - 12 posts
Finding the best mortgage - 2 posts
Iberia beckons - 3 posts
Speeding Notification asking for Driver ID - 6 posts
Advice wanted on buying 2nd hand pickup - 0 posts
Hip Op - 5 posts
Car Insurance options? - 4 posts
IT IS SNOWING AT LA ZENIA - 6 posts
Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please - 17 posts
Planning to invest in Spain Hacienda del Alamo - 3 posts
Paying tax in UK as a Spanish Tax Resident. - 3 posts
CREAM LEATHER CORNER SOFA - 0 posts
Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again - 25 posts
Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 160

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x