Donald Trump immigration ban

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2017 9:41 AM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Wiretapping, impossible to ever know the truth.

GarySFBCN ‘’Only idiots believe’’ I find that offensive language, is it a case of anyone who does not totally agree with your views.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2017 3:36 PM by GarySFBCN Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

"Wiretapping, impossible to ever know the truth."

‘’Only idiots believe’’ I find that offensive language, is it a case of anyone who does not totally agree with your views."

Apologies for offending you but my language is apt for the situation, which is similar to saying "only idiots believe that the world is flat."

Given that all emails, all video chats, all telephone calls in the US (and in the UK - Tempora) have been copied, stored and analyzed for several years now, it is idiotic to say that Obama wiretapped anyone because EVERYONE is subject to this and it started before Obama even decided to run for president.  Even Murdoch's organization was easily able to 'hack' telephones of the rich and famous.  It is foolish to believe that one's conversation is private. 

And Trump knows this.  Again, he is attempting to deflect attention to the enormous scandals emerging within his administration. 

Regarding our privacy, I believe that the amount of data being captured is so great that it is computers, and not people, evaluating what we are communicating in our 'private' conversations. 

This message was last edited by GarySFBCN on 07/03/2017.

Like 1      
08 Mar 2017 8:47 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

To state that Trump is highly manipulative is pretty obvious, but some folk seem to remain blinkered, or have chosen to stick with their opinion, regardless of the evidence.  

His appearance on TV, greeting visitors on the first tour of the White House since his election, then ensuring there was a good TV clip of him with children was truly cringe worthy, even for a politician.   But this may also show his desperation in having a positive TV report after the flood of allegations listing his mistakes, lies and security concerns.

But on the other hand it's fair to say that he seems to be finally realising the need to show some respect to others, but underneath the guy is undoubtedly unchanged, which possibly makes him more dangerous.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2017 9:21 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Acer.   I have also built up a 'dangerous' gut feeling about Mr Trump over his opening term weeks.

Its  not so much that he doesn't bring out both points of view about subjects that may or may not protect his country, and some points which may need discussion its that he is doing it by making new laws or procedure to start from his own polarised views.  

It seems dictatorial and devisive to me (just conversational on here don't hit me with a list of legal frameworks and news clippings please).   The guy is probably used to working in a place where no one dare argue with him at his own business and has got so used to that it now applies everywhere!    

Best wishes, Brian

Like 2      
08 Mar 2017 10:04 AM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

Is Donald actually a one man powerhouse or just a big mouthed puppet?.  Let’s face it we have had some gems in the past, ‘’GWB & Ronald’’ who did not know what day it was or where China was.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2017 11:06 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Mr Trump is now escalating his own brand of conflict politics, to threaten strikes on Syria. 

So is it right to take a hard line?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
09 Aug 2017 9:05 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Trump seems to have reached new extremes with his outburst against North Korea.  There's now little hope for a diplomatic settlement - with potential dire consequences.

Do the people on EOS - eg Destry et al still believe that Trump is a "breath of fresh air"?!

A while ago I hoped that Trump would be impeached and be forced to resign before matters came to a head with North Korea, now that appears unlikely to happen fast enough.  

Of course we don't know how China will react.  They backed the additional sactions through the UN - but if the USA were to take any pre-emptive strike action will they just sit and watch?

Is "Fire, fury and power, the like of which this world has never seen before" just isabre rattling that's not to be taken too seriously, like most of Trump's outbursts?  

It seems to me that we are entering a new era with a President of the USA who thinks he can always get his own way without any diplomatic skills - he's always going to find another world leader who's got similar limitations, but this one has allegedly now acquired nuclear weapons -  what happens next?  Watch this space (if it's still around).

This message was last edited by acer on 09/08/2017.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2017 11:57 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Acer what advice have you got to offer the President of the USA  regarding a looney tick Dictatorship such as North Korea.

Like 2      
09 Aug 2017 12:11 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

As people on EOS know my predictions are always bang on and MY ADVICE to be sound

1.Obtain a good radio you will need this to receivegovermental broadcast post BLAST battery driven of course and spare batterys

2.Buy a MECHANICAL clock

3.Buy lots of tinned foods with at least three years shelf life and store plenty of water in sealed containers

4.Put all your important information on a USB stick as the internet will be detroyed

The lucky ones will be those that get VAPORISED instantly

Good LUCK my PEEPS

Love Hugh xx

Like 1      
09 Aug 2017 1:06 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

It does seem very hard to work out who is trying his hardest to out do the other in the 'Nutter' compertion.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2017 1:55 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

I conceed BAZ you WIN

LOL

Love Hugh xx

Like 3      
09 Aug 2017 6:43 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

well at least Trump is taking on someone his own size for a change

Like 0      
09 Aug 2017 7:31 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Hello Windtaker,

Re your question.  If Trump had any integrity he would resign he's already proved he's not up to the job.  But he hasn't so he won't - there's not the slightest doubt his term of office will end in tears.

Kim Jong-un has already shown he will not be bullied by Trump - so why continue the same daft tactic, it won't work.  It's pretty clear that Kim Jong-un is a psychopath, so it's a bit silly confronting the guy as he's unhinged.  In a way it's good that action is being taken, but a bit more subtlety is needed. 

The sensible way has to be via the Chinese.  They've moved a lot already and their supporting the new UN sanctions is serious evidence of their concerns.  But Trump's macho barrow boy style is alien to the Chinese culture and there will be many in Beijing who'll see Trump as a bigger threat to them than Kim Jong-un.  

In his short time in office Trump has criticised the Chinese on many fronts and talked about sanctions and tough trade policies against them, plus upset them by be-friending Taiwan.  

The guy is an absolute baffoon, he is currently the obstacle to a peaceful solution.  But hopefully he'll be eased out before too long whilst the world is still in one piece.  Then let the Chinese sort the problem, they cannot want a loony on their doorstep armed with nuclear devices, so a deal can be done.

Like 1      
11 Sep 2017 9:23 AM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

I noticed on most TV news that Donald is being asked by the majority of countries and especially those in the North Korean region to be more diplomatic and calm down with Kim Jong-un and his missile threats. What I don’t understand is how Kim Jong-un got these missiles?. Did he make them in his garden shed last week?.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2017 9:51 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I think the weapon grade plutonium has come from the western powers (free countries).

I would take a guess that the guy who was selling double glazing in the eighties, stepped up to time shares in the 90's and further progressed into selling us houses in Spain in the 2000's.  

This same guy is now at the top of his tree selling plutonium to North Korea and thus helping the western economy in these hard times.

Or it could be that the government themselves are licensing arms suppliers to trade across the world?  

Donald will know, he runs a country where you have the right to buy weapons of disgusting destruction at the end of the street.  

This message was last edited by briando55 on 11/09/2017.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
11 Sep 2017 3:00 PM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

An interesting post Brian. So Ronnie-rip off, the ex double glazing salesman has been touring the world with his suitcase full of plutonium disguised has brush heads. No government or security agency had a clue. The United Nations member states all 193 sovereign states had no idea despite meeting regularly for a jolly good day out.

We are all in safe hands.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2017 4:11 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

I suspect that Ronnie has regular dinner dates with the member states and keeps them bang up to date on his progress in these matters.

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
12 Sep 2017 10:05 PM by DuncanThickett Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Seems to be  the question that no one is allowed to ask. I wonder why?.

Perhaps he bought all the kit online from Wal-Mart, next day delivery.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

First post. I am a cyclist and would like to know what the law for dog attacks - 7 posts
Clausula Suelo - 25 posts
Help - looking to move to south of Spain - 5 posts
Question re interest payments re Ley 58/68 and AVALS - 6 posts
I am a spanish teacher and i just started my new youTube channel - suggestions? - 5 posts
Contemplating the Big Move!! - 22 posts
Anyone looking for a solicitor in Spain? Check Costaluz Lawyers out. - 0 posts
Maria and Costa Luz Lawyers - 0 posts
Steps for Claims on Floor Clauses in Mortgage contracts - 26 posts
Do i need to be registered to be a key holder?? - 12 posts
Finding the best mortgage - 2 posts
Iberia beckons - 3 posts
Speeding Notification asking for Driver ID - 6 posts
Advice wanted on buying 2nd hand pickup - 0 posts
Hip Op - 5 posts
Car Insurance options? - 4 posts
IT IS SNOWING AT LA ZENIA - 6 posts
Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please - 17 posts
Planning to invest in Spain Hacienda del Alamo - 3 posts
Paying tax in UK as a Spanish Tax Resident. - 3 posts
CREAM LEATHER CORNER SOFA - 0 posts
Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again - 25 posts
Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 160

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x