Do i need to be registered to be a key holder??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2017 1:39 AM by denarran Star rating in Oldham. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,

I live in murcia on a golf complex, a few of the neighbours have asked me to be a key holder for their property and clean in between rentals  does anybody know if I have to be registered to do this,

thankyou 

This message was last edited by denarran on 20/01/2017.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2017 10:07 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Yes

Like 0      
20 Jan 2017 11:33 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

A good friend does what you proposing ,and they had to register as self employed this will cost you approximately 250€ per month ,a big plus by doing it legal is that you qualifie for health care ,you could try doing it illegally but it won't take long before you get reported by the legal opposition good luck.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2017 11:54 AM by denarran Star rating in Oldham. 6 posts Send private message

Hi,   that seems a lot to pay what happens if you not earn that much one month, as it would depend on how many rentals they have,  do they refund like our system (tax rebates) or is it just a flat rate no matter how little or much you earn.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2017 12:46 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What you need is a business plan ,first of all find out how much other's are charging for the same services /then work out how many jobs you will have to do to earn a wage, plus any other expense you will accumulated  in the running or the business ,add up the out goings then take that away from your total income and you will soon see if you have a viable business or not 

Like 2      
20 Jan 2017 1:00 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

You will also need to ensure that the properties are registered with a touristica licence for holiday rentals and maybe have your own professional liability insurance

the autonomo is a flatrate earning or not (no rebates) they do have a new start up rate which is reduce payments for 6 to 18 months I think - you need to check with an accounatnt, solictor, gestor etc. They will also advise you on registering as autonomo, tax etc and they will charge a fee for this

As windtalker said operating under the radar is risky but your choice

There has been a few threads on this forum over the years on this subject suggest to use the search function

Like 3      
22 Jan 2017 10:17 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Den   I live in Murcia on a golf complex, a few of the neighbours have asked me to be a key holder for their property and clean in between rentals  does anybody know if I have to be registered to do this,

Den   Just answering your question. 

If a neighbour wishes  to give you a set of keys  that is a matter between you and them.

If you get paid for that and or provide some other service, that might mean you would have to take further action. However, unless your ‘arrangement’ becomes apparent to the authorities then it is a matter between you and them.

(I cannot image many private owners who have a person clean their Spanish house for a few hours a week declare anything to anybody).

Unless you are actually letting the property,  then any question of registration of the property for letting, insurance liability etc.,  is the owners responsibility not yours.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2017 10:38 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I agree about just holding a spare set of keys and no payment etc. that is between them and the owner until soemthing goes wrong of coursewink

If you are handing over keys, cleaning, replacing linen etc. the poc in an emergency you are effectively the owners agent a bit diffenrnet from a permanent resident paying soemone to come and clean for a few hours week (in theory this should stil be decalred as income but we all know......)

If you are cleaning after the lets for example then you would need liability insurance becasue if you caused damage or had an accident  then you are liable as you are working - same as any other person doing work on a property (electricain, plumber, builder etc).

Most house insurances would not cover you and if the house is not registered as touristca aslo it may not cover the paying guests for anything in teh event of an accident, burglary etc. or the owner for any damage caused by the renters.

Of course all holiday lets have the approriate holiday let insurances don't they and all owners inform their insurcne companies who is holding the key in spainwink

In LM it is recommended that key holders (paid or not) are registered with the town hall and local police in the case of an empty house having a problem which has happened (flood and fire)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Finding the best mortgage - 2 posts
Iberia beckons - 3 posts
Speeding Notification asking for Driver ID - 6 posts
Advice wanted on buying 2nd hand pickup - 0 posts
Hip Op - 5 posts
Car Insurance options? - 4 posts
IT IS SNOWING AT LA ZENIA - 6 posts
Remortgaging a property in Spain - advice please - 17 posts
Planning to invest in Spain Hacienda del Alamo - 3 posts
Paying tax in UK as a Spanish Tax Resident. - 3 posts
CREAM LEATHER CORNER SOFA - 0 posts
Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again - 25 posts
Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts
Bargain Loving Brit's In Spain on Thursday night channel 5 UK 8pm - 0 posts
Driving to Spain and paying tolls! - 7 posts
Divorce Attorney - 1 posts
newbie with questions for the community! - 15 posts
Attempting a move to Spain - 0 posts
Cream leather corner sofa - 0 posts
Dream or reality - 49 posts
Somewhere to settle for 3 months with an idea of staying long term - 4 posts
Corvera entered receivership - 6 posts
Advice please - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x