Replaying ball in the stree

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2016 6:00 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

can anything be Done about children playing football in the street just outside my house, there is a ball park no more than 30 metres away. 

I have had my car damaged with the kids kicking there ball ant hitting the side of the car, I have spoken to there parents but don't get any joy. There is two lads live two doors down and about 8 of there mates who don't live down the street are always down. It is just so annoying the constant thumping of the ball.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2016 7:04 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I suggest you speak to the policia local who police your area. It is probably a local law which would apply and it is the policia local who would enforce it.  

If you want to report the damage to your car then make the report to the Policia Nacional or Guardia Civi, whichever cover the area where you live.  

NB. As you know who caused the damage you cannot make the denuncia on the phone

This message was last edited by johnzx on 04/12/2016.

Like 1      
04 Dec 2016 9:03 AM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

Thank you

Like 0      
04 Dec 2016 2:02 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

In situations like this a good idea is to ask yourself what would you do if this was happening in the uk then apply the same logic here 

Like 0      
04 Dec 2016 2:56 PM by rolley Star rating in Torrevieja . 41 posts Send private message

Thank you

Like 0      
04 Dec 2016 8:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"can anything be done about children playing football in the street just outside my house?" Short answer, NO

"ask yourself what would you do if this was happening in the uk then apply the same logic here" Have to respectfully disagree there. There's a huge cultural difference involved. Talking to the parents may very well land you with a big V for Vendetta on your front door. Children here are miracles, angels, untouchable...and the street is a public place, it's unlikely there's a bylaw prohibiting ball games. The local police probably won't take kindly to a complaint about kids either. And if the noise bothers you, forget it or move to Germany, where the law does actually state that you must respect your neighbours!

If there is serious damage to your car, you could take photos / videos of it happening and try to pursue it - but think very carefully before making enemies. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 2      
04 Dec 2016 9:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I cannot be 100% sure but it appears from google that playing any sporting activity in the street may carry up to a 1,000 euro fine,  but as I said check with police. 

%

Like 0      
04 Dec 2016 10:21 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yep, I'm sure you're right. I can name any number of other things that are an offence / illegal. What actually is considered perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour is sadly a totally different thing, though, I'm sure you'd agree? Kids kicking a ball about in the street? Forget it.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Dec 2016 9:54 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Roberto said

"ask yourself what would you do if this was happening in the uk then apply the same logic here" Have to respectfully disagree there.

Most parents think their children are angels and most streets in UK and Spain are public places

Making neighbourly enemies has the same affects the world over

In the UK I would follow this process

Have a word with the parents - who might get nasty or the "V''s" etc.

No joy with the parents then I would contact the police and the town hall to check the local byelaws and make a complaint - the police may have other priorities but I would expect action and esepcially if there was damage to my car

In Spain

Have a word with the parents - who might get nasty or the "v's" etc

If on a an urb I would check with the president and ask him/her to intervene to try and resolve

Then contact the police and the town hall to check local laws etc.

If needed raise a denuncia and the police have to respond but again it may be low priority and take time

In both UK and Spain I would even consider contacting my car insurance company for advice esepcially if I had evidence of who did the damage

Now I really dont't see much difference procedurally, culturally etc

Like 0      
05 Dec 2016 2:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Well, the procedure you choose to follow is entirely up to you, you can do the same here as you would in the UK if you like. I'm only talking about the likely response from the authorities / parents etc. Ever tried complaining about undisciplined kids running around restaurants, crashing into your table etc.? 

A little comparitive antedote: a relative in the UK has recently received a threatening letter from the council, warning of an inspection and up to £5,000 fine because a neighbour has complained about her dog barking. Last time I called the local police here about a barking dog, the response was "it's a dog - they bark" - followed soon after by a barrage of glass bottles thrown at my windows. Just saying, think carefully before acting.

Maybe I'm just feeling grumpy due to the rain wink

Mark Twain

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Finca near Villablanca - 2 posts
Re registering a spainish car - 17 posts
Towing a boat - 5 posts
Alicante Car Hire - 7 posts
Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts
Re Registering Car Witn No NIE - 8 posts
New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts
Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x