Towing a boat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Nov 2016 11:24 AM by chelle&glenn Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can anyone help especially if from personal experience please?

I am non resident with a Spanish holiday home. I have had a speedboat delivered on its trailer to Spain by a

registered transport firm. The boat is English registered and the trailer is English and is currently at my apartment.

Can it be towed legally by a friend using his Spanish plated vehicle? The boat will spend most time in or at a marina.

Advise would be most welcome. Many thanks,             Glenn.

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 11:41 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

You can't use a UK trailer with a Spanish registered car. The trailer needs to have its own ficha tecnica documents to show it has been registerd and gives the technical details. Certain weights (over and under 750kg) require different documentation but all need to be registered. Under 750kg it doesn't need its own ITV. 

I would suggest you need a Spanish registered car with a Spanish registered trailer in order to to move it.

Here's the Tumbit view on it

Tumbit trailers

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 12:17 PM by chelle&glenn Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for that. Much as expected I suppose. What about using an English plated car with the corresponding trailer plate?                     Glenn/

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 12:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I should think if it is legal in UK then it would be legal all over Europe. I see loads of Brit cars coming off the ferry with trailers and just their car reg attached to the back. Just ensure your insurance covers it. 

Like 0      
30 Nov 2016 1:10 PM by chelle&glenn Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for the help. Merry Christmas!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2017 12:18 AM by robertt8696 Star rating in Midlands, UK. 479 posts Send private message

Just come across this thread, its a bit old now, but just as Bobaol says i agree with, an English car with an English trailer should be no problem as long as the drivers licence allows towing at the weight of it, and it has towing insurance. Many English tow caravans to Spain, how is towing a boat trailer different?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante Car Hire - 7 posts
Europa Energy - 0 posts
Eye lasering - 7 posts
BBQ 30th November - 0 posts
fine - 3 posts
Community Water - 12 posts
Re Registering Car Witn No NIE - 8 posts
New here! - 4 posts
English folk music club. - 2 posts
making an off - 28 posts
TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts
Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x