Order of Postings

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I know that this is going to be controversial and causes much debate but as a regular visitor and contributor to the forum I am of the view that it is better to see the most recent posts first that automatically come up on screen. Having spoken to a few other members they seem to have the same view as me. On several occasions I have seen some type of arrow that says change the order of posts but it is not always there and is extremely frustrating having to wait for the screen to reset itself and also I dont know whether there have been mutliple posting since the last time I looked or not. It is always easy to go back to the very beginning as pages 1 2 and 3 etc are all clearly numbered - why cant we have a default that opens at the latest post. Or alternatively can we set a default for ourselves - perhaps this is an innovation that Justin has already implemented but if so I dont know about it - or maybe it is even beyond his wonderful magic.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 3:29 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Smiley, look in your profile and you can set your default order of postings! 

I agree that, personally, I prefer to see the latest postings first.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 8:59 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

why cant we have a default that opens at the latest post. Or alternatively can we set a default for ourselves - perhaps this is an innovation that Justin has already implemented but if so I dont know about it - or maybe it is even beyond his wonderful magic.

I asked for this facility at the beginning of the week. It would be good if the email that arrives announcing a new comment on a thread contained a link to the first new comment as there may be several. Justin did say they were looking into it. It seems that this forum is one that is being coded as we use it which hopefully will mean it has features we all want rather than the "off the shelf" forums that most use, but it also means that EOS have a bit of "catch up" to play before it can offer the same facilities of some of the established forum builds such as phpBB and YaBB. That said, now the re- order button is there, I find it easier to read ld threads I hadn't seen yet as I don't open the tread and have to wade through 8 or 9 pages to get to the start (or click on anything really) as it is all there for me to read at the beginning. When reading threads that I have already seen, I keep it in the reverse order.

Mark

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 12:51 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thanks Jan appreciate that. When I went to profiles it is already set that way but sometimes when I open up it seems to autmoatically go to the first page of a thread for some reason - guess I shall just have to grin and bear it!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 1:32 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
You're welcome, Mr Smiley!! 

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 2:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Youre a sweetie - I dont care what they say about you!

Like 0      
08 Sep 2007 2:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Ahhh!  I don't care what they say about me either, so long as it's posted in the right thread!!

Like 0      
09 Sep 2007 8:43 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Smiley

I think there is actually a little bug in the system and it's not working properly.  Will take a look at it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 1:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Bloody cockroaches get everywhere!!!

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 1:46 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Justin,

Buenus Dias Mon Amigo, has you can clearly see I´m fully up to speed with Espana - NOT! but lessons start next week....

Just a thought.......................

Would it be possible to Always see the original message for any thread at the beginning followed by the latest replies?It may help later readers on any thread to understand the original question without having to scroll back to the first page!

Mike T

Like 0      
12 Sep 2007 2:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Youre such a lazy git Mike - I am surprised you havent asked if it could be arranged for someone to come round swich on the the PC for you log in for you and scroll through and read the posts for you - while at the same time baking cakes, feeding you grapes and making copious cups of tea for you - bloody hell!!

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 2:18 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Well Pat seeing as you appear to be interested I´m always partial to a bit of extra support!!

By the way. I may be a lazy git¿ but it would be a great benefit to check out the oroginal posting on any thread as many of them seem to disappear in a sea of DRIVEL...............................

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 2:21 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Well Pat I can see that you seem to be interested in the job, I´m always partial to a bit of extra support!!

By the way matey, I may be a lazy git¿ but it would be a great benefit to be ablecheck out the oroginal posting on any thread as many of them seem to disappear in a sea o f DRIVEL...............................

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 2:21 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Well Pat I can see that you seem to be interested in the job, I´m always partial to a bit of extra support!!

By the way matey, I may be a lazy git¿ but it would be a great benefit to be ablecheck out the oroginal posting on any thread as many of them seem to disappear in a sea o f DRIVEL...............................

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 2:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

deesam56 - 3 posts
Big Increases in Some Mortgage Rates, (EURIBOR 4,763% 7/9/2007) - 3 posts
Norman/Lynne - 9 posts
Electrical Package - 6 posts
Security grills - 10 posts
Changes - 0 posts
Benidorm - 0 posts
Luciano Pavarotti has died aged 71, - 0 posts
Three bedroomed townhouse to for long term rental with broadband - 2 posts
Rafal - 3 posts
La Cala area - 2 posts
Schools in Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts
Cost of rewiring - 1 posts
Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts
Prop management near Los Altos - 4 posts
Shower Screen - 5 posts
A little lady " that does" - 0 posts
community fee - 11 posts
Almoradi - 49 posts
Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x