Cost of rewiring

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by TheVicar Star rating in Le Lude, France. 17 posts Send private message

Anybody know what sort of prices to expect to have an electrician re-wire a fairly standard town house? I've seen a property I like the look of but apparently it needs upgrading from 110v to 220v. What would be involved?
The agent hasn't (yet) replied to that part of my enquiry, which makes me suspicious.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2007 8:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Sorry, can't really give you a good answer, except to say that I used about 340 metres of regulation copper cable to re-wire a 35 sq metre studio recently, at an average cost of €0.55 per metre. My man charged me about another €750 to supply and fit all the necessary switches, sockets, breakers etc. When everything is done, you will need an official "boletin", at about €120 - 150. Remember, I just did a small studio, and it was already on 220v, so be prepared for quite a hefty bill. I don't see why the agent can't get a quote from a local sparky. I would insist. Good luck. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts
Prop management near Los Altos - 4 posts
Shower Screen - 5 posts
A little lady " that does" - 0 posts
community fee - 11 posts
Almoradi - 49 posts
Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts
NO WATER!! - 0 posts
Travensa Builders - 0 posts
cheap return flights to Barcelona Aug 2008? - 6 posts
Regular Payments To Spain - 32 posts
Frustrated ! - 3 posts
NIE numbers for children - 11 posts
new owners at Jardines Del Mar Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Opticians - 5 posts
Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x