Schools in Costa Del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by charlycharl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Im hoping to relocate to the area beginning of next year and would like some information on schools in the area. My daughter is 6 and we're thinking of puttng her into a spanish school to get into the spanish culture and to pick up the language. I need some information on what months the schools are open and what month could I enroll her. Any response I would be grateful for. Cheers x

Like 0      
06 Sep 2007 9:04 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola! What area are you thinking of going to live in as the school recommended will depend on that. Enrolement time is now and they start official junior school in the year they are 6 (runs from january to december the school year not like the uk). You can enter a child in at any time of the year

Sxhools run from mid september to mid june with weeks off for xmas, easter, whit week, half term etc but do vary!

If you are coming over in the new year then you will have to take what space they have and it may be a distance from where you are living, so if you are renting you may want to find a living place temporarily and then enrol and move to near the school after she is in.

All the spanish public schools are good, some of the smaller ones will be better for her for obvious reasons.

Once you live here you will need NIE numbers and the empadronamiento - the official certificate from the toen hall toprove where you are living in order to enrol her - the rules cahnge every year but the school will be able to tell you what you need.

I lived in Fuengirola for many years and had my kids in spanish state school there so can help for that area, we are now in Marbella and have experience only of one state and one private school.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 8:57 AM by charlycharl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanx Rixxy for the information, however we are looking at Fuengirola, La Cala area, we plan on renting for the first year but my main worry is for my daughter to go to a good spanish school. We're hoping to come out later this year to have a look at different areas and possibly visit a couple of schools there. How long have you been out there? because I need as much information as possible to make sure the move runs smoothly. Thanx x

Like 0      
07 Sep 2007 4:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Youre welcome. We have lived here for over 12 years, mainly in the Fuengirola area. I know the La Cala school has a good reputation but gets heavily subscribed

Many schools are quite large with 3 or 4 classes per year. The one my two really loved was colegio azahar with one class per year, very friendly and both thrived there. Its near the feria ground and there are apartments to rent in the area at reasonable rates. Also you can walk eveywhere including the beach. Al the shops are there and prices are reasonable.

There is the Bus and train service also

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 9:22 AM by charlycharl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

This information is very much appreciated Rixxy, its nice to speak to someone who has actually done this themselves. What area is Feria nearby, Ive never heard of that area, is there many ex pats there??

Like 0      
10 Sep 2007 9:30 AM by charlycharl Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

This information is very much appreciated Rixxy, its nice to speak to someone who has actually done this themselves. What area is Feria nearby, Ive never heard of that area, is there many ex pats there??

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Phone info ....post in here. - 5 posts
Just joined - just starting - 29 posts
PRE PAYMENT METERS - 2 posts
Cost of rewiring - 1 posts
Phase Five - 7 posts
flights to England - 5 posts
Prop management near Los Altos - 4 posts
Shower Screen - 5 posts
A little lady " that does" - 0 posts
community fee - 11 posts
Almoradi - 49 posts
Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts
NO WATER!! - 0 posts
Travensa Builders - 0 posts
cheap return flights to Barcelona Aug 2008? - 6 posts
Regular Payments To Spain - 32 posts
Frustrated ! - 3 posts
NIE numbers for children - 11 posts
new owners at Jardines Del Mar Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Opticians - 5 posts
Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x