British Bobbies In Magaluf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Aug 2015 9:57 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Thanks Hep for pointing to the almost miracle which accidentally lead to the rippers arrest.

I had never read that much about the Yorkshire Riper case but was well aware that George Oldfield‘s investigation was an incompetent disaster which was why after 6 years Sutcliff’s arrest was a fortunate accident and nothing to do with the investigation.

An embarrassing dark episode for the UK Police Service. However, even them it was pure luck, as the officers who stopped him were sufficiently incompetent to let him dispose of a hammer, rope and a knife, and then at the police station to dispose of another knife .

It was a miracle that, in spite of their incomtetent blunders they finally discovered he was the suspect for the murders.

Wikipedia: On 2 January 1981, Sutcliffe was stopped by the police with 24-year-old prostitute Olivia Reivers in the driveway of Light Trades House, Melbourne Avenue, Broomhill, Sheffield in South Yorkshire. A police check revealed the car was fitted with false number plates and Sutcliffe was arrested and transferred to Dewsbury Police Station, West Yorkshire. At Dewsbury he was questioned in relation to the Yorkshire Ripper case as he matched many of the known physical characteristics. The next day police returned to the scene of the arrest and discovered a knife, hammer and rope he had discarded when he briefly slipped away from the police after telling them he was "bursting for a pee". Sutcliffe had hidden a second knife in the toilet cistern at the police station when he was permitted to use the toilet.

PS Hep.

Quote from your post 11th Aug “Good hard working rank and file police officers are being led by idiots.”

I guess the two officers who all but buggered it up by letting him dispose of weapons, are two of the finniest which you think should be listened to ?       Although in this case, I do agree that your description of George Oldfield !

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 10:51 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

And now it's been shown that the 2 bobbies in Magaluf finish their shift at 10 pm. Most of the trouble makers don't even go out until midnight so that's doing a lot of good.

Oh, and the female bobby has been on Twitter to say if you can't beat them, join them and reveals she was rather tiddly herself at 2 am.

You couldn't make it up, as the saying goes.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 11:06 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

So basically then considering the wet weather in the UK, the not so nice nights, the loverly hot weather in Spain right now, cheap booze, the UK has sent two much needed at home coppers on a public tax paid for  holiday walk-a-bout.

Heaven forbid if it gets to be known these two cops are....One the Daughter, or close relative of a Police Inspector, and the other a brother of some creepy MP.

The way this is going I can see coppers on the beat in England.

About right for now the way the country is working.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 1:07 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

John,

When Arthur Hutchinson butchered the Laitner family the police were pulling up every short, athletically built male with permed hair that they saw, back in 1983 this hair style was very popular, the nicks must have been full of curly haired guys. They finally arrested him whilst he was in disguise following visiting his mother, but they got him, which probably saved more lives.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 1:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Hep, Sorry,one of us has lost the plot. I have no idea why you made the post about "Arthur Hutchinson "

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 2:04 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

John,

Because detaining everyone they saw with permed hair was a very dim strategy, but then again.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 2:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am still a bit lost as this was about Magaluf,

But nevertheless:   You now seem to have retreated from your view  “Good hard working rank and file police officers are being led by idiots.” As it would have been rank and file officers  stopping people not their ‘idiotic senior officers.’

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 2:57 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

When did the rank and file have the authority to order a 'stop and detain all males with hair perms' stance?

The thread is about two British police officers who weren't sent to Spain by the rank and file. 

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 14/08/2015.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 3:09 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hi , you have really taken the topic way off thread now. Can we please forget about perms and other crimes that have nothing to do with the Magaluf initiative and try and keep to the topic. Thanks :-) 

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 3:21 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

No problems, I did however enjoy john's monologue on Peter Sutcliffe. wink

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 5:53 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Reading todays newspapers it looks an excellent way of spending/wasting UK taxpayers money. According to the report - "A British police officer sent to Magaluf to try and tackle drunk holidaymakers has boasted on Facebook about being 'sozzled' while off-duty, adding 'If you can't beat em…'
what a joke!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2015 8:04 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Andy Marshall, National Police Chiefs’ Council lead on international policing, said: “Their presence will offer reassurance to both locals and UK citizens in areas that significantly increase in population during the busy summer holiday season and provide support to victims of crime during what can be a traumatic experience, especially when away from home.”

The deployment of British officers has been funded and planned in conjunction with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Police officers from France, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Morocco have all previously patrolled tourist hotspots with the Guardia Civil.

Like 1      
14 Aug 2015 8:11 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Andy Marshall's comments have totally reasured me that all is well. cheeky

Like 1      
16 Aug 2015 11:36 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

You MUST see this!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/11804546/British-Magaluf-cop-boasted-she-was-sozzled-to-friends.html

Like 0      
18 Aug 2015 2:44 PM by watchmanager Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

Money to burn. Whilst watching documentaries on Spanish policeing it is evident that the spanish police know EXACTLY how to deal with them, sometimes with a slap. Fortunately our two police will not be bringing that style of policing back. But I do like to see the Spanish in action.

As for having the two walking about and finishing at 10pm - what are they thinking of? It's already been said, the night life and trouble is only just beginning then!

Now, for the officer on twitter boasting that " if you can't beat them, join them" and proceeds to get drunk, I hope the hierarchy immediately recall her and then put her through their disciplinary procedures for bringing the force into disrepute!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Teenagers in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO C.D.DISK - 1 posts
Shopping on Sunday!! - 8 posts
Wealth Tax - 7 posts
CAJAMAR BANK CLOSING PENSIONERS BANK ACCOUNT - 7 posts
Aeromax wireless internet - 3 posts
WANTED long term rental murcia or benidorm - 0 posts
Non EU Residencia renewal - 3 posts
Key Holder in Villamartin - 3 posts
Television - poor signal - 1 posts
Legal tip 1315. NEW! MANILVA COSTA S.A. - BANK ACTION WON IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAIXABANK S.A. FOR A BUYER AT JARDINES DE MANILVA - 16 posts
This could happen to your Building if it was built in the 1960's - 6 posts
cheap "pay as go" sim card - 6 posts
long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts
Top weekend getaways in Spain - 0 posts
HIdralia - 7 posts
DVLA - 28 posts
Non Residents Tax Question - 7 posts
Air lock in hot water pipe - 4 posts
Loan for a new property - 9 posts
urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón - 51 posts
Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x