Shopping on Sunday!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2015 6:34 PM by axti101 Star rating. 24 posts Send private message

Just got back from Carrefour Rincon de la Victoria. What a nightmare! Queing practically round the whole store to pay for your shopping. Is this is normal for Sundays ar Carrefour? We've only recently moved to Malaga and starting to realise Sundays is not considered a shopping day! Any other recommendations for alternative supermarkets on Sunday? I guess they'll be crazy busy too?

Like 0      
09 Aug 2015 7:19 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Got to expect these busy periods during the Summer on the Costa's. More Tourists this year owing to Tunisia crisis.Carrefour only open on Sunday's during the Summer Months.But Malaga may be different,of course. Best to go to the Supermarkets before the Spaniards wake up  in the morning or during the afternoons when they are having a siesta from 2pm to 4pm.

Good Luck

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 09/08/2015.

Nigel

Like 0      
09 Aug 2015 8:31 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Whenever I'm in a Spanish Carrefour they only ever have a few check-outs open. 

Like 0      
09 Aug 2015 9:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, it will be at this time of year. Don't know about your particular area but the population in Torrevieja rises from just over 100,000 to over 550,000 in August. All the supermarkets except Mercadona around here open on Sundays during July, August and September. Lidl from 9 to 2200, Consum from 9.30 to 1500 and so on. Carrefour and AlCampo open to 2200 all year round.

Any area designated a "tourist area" is allowed to open on Sundays and I imagine Malaga comes under that.

Mind you, there are six other perfectly good days to go shopping.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 8:44 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

As an early riser I'm at the supermarket door at opening time when we 're in Spain, the place is generally devoid of other customers, the fresh bread, croissants etc are usually still warm and I get served straight away by the girl at the one check out that is open. yes

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 8:48 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

An exract from  :-       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_shopping

Currently, each autonomous community may establish its own Sunday opening calendar. The general trend is to allow Sunday opening once a month (usually the first Sunday) and every Sunday during special shopping seasons (including Christmas and sales). Certain sectors (including bars, restaurants, bakeries, pharmacies, fairly big convenience stores, small family-run stores, and bookshops) are granted an exception and may open every Sunday with no restrictions. It's not hard to find a small grocery store open on Sunday in any Spanish town as of 2011.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 12:18 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I have difficulty comparing the morality of a supermarket opening it's doors on a Sunday against that of a La Liga football club doing the same. If someone wishes to keep Sunday special by attending church and eating a family Sunday lunch, there is nothing stopping them, unless of course their employer insists that they work on Sunday. indecision

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 2:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As an atheist  I have some concerns about churches too opening their doors on Sunday (or any other day of the week too) but live and let live !!!

Like 0      
10 Aug 2015 3:23 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I knew a dyslexic guy who didn't believe in the one true dog, ** EDITED - offensive - ** 

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/12/2015 1:13:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wealth Tax - 7 posts
CAJAMAR BANK CLOSING PENSIONERS BANK ACCOUNT - 7 posts
Aeromax wireless internet - 3 posts
WANTED long term rental murcia or benidorm - 0 posts
Non EU Residencia renewal - 3 posts
Key Holder in Villamartin - 3 posts
Television - poor signal - 1 posts
Legal tip 1315. NEW! MANILVA COSTA S.A. - BANK ACTION WON IN FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAIXABANK S.A. FOR A BUYER AT JARDINES DE MANILVA - 16 posts
This could happen to your Building if it was built in the 1960's - 6 posts
cheap "pay as go" sim card - 6 posts
long term rent with 2 dogs!! - 8 posts
Top weekend getaways in Spain - 0 posts
HIdralia - 7 posts
DVLA - 28 posts
Non Residents Tax Question - 7 posts
Air lock in hot water pipe - 4 posts
Loan for a new property - 9 posts
urbanización Camposol de Mazarrón - 51 posts
Ideas for towns to stay in within 45 mins of Valencia and info on Valencia itself... - 7 posts
Hi Everyone - Looking To Retire - 40 posts
Is there anyone really willing to relocate to Spain soon? - 1 posts
Valencia SIP Cards - 2 posts
Looking for a lawyer near Alora - 0 posts
Proof of entitlement - 17 posts
use of membership number for discount on ferry travel - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x