Mariadecastro´s legal advise in London

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Starting in September ( once I have my new baby in August: I am 4,5 months now) I am thinking on visiting the UK once a month and have my law firm there in any hotel in London for one/two days each time.

BUt I need some feedback. Will it be worth it? What do you think?

Best Sunday to you all... I am going to EL RINCONCILLO, the most traditional of the beaches in Campo de Gibraltar to see the sea, walk on the sandbeach and have some fresh fish in " BERNARDO"

Now that i know how to post pictures, I will try to post a good one of the whole family.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 3:53 PM by jason2007 Star rating in Kent, plus 1/2 built.... 33 posts Send private message

Maria

Firstly, congratulations!

Having read so many threads regarding people having problems with the estate agents 'highly recomended lawyers' i think you will be very busy if you decide to hold legal advise sessions in London. The way things are going at the moment, i may be first in the queue for some further advise.

Jason

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 6:09 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Maria, a new baby, how wonderful! Start a new Maternity thread, I am sure there would be lots of the ladies interested to know about obstetric care in Spain.

As for your idea to have legal sessions in London hotels, fantastic idea. But marketing will be the key issue here. I would think that if you had some advertising at exhibitions of Spanish properties, etc., you will do well.

I wish you luck with both baby and the new business venture.

Kind regards, 

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 6:20 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Maria

Yes, we agree, legal sessions in the UK would be a great idea, especially with your familiarity of spanish law and how things are actually done in spain. There are too many so called experts over here who think they know everything, when in fact they are giving misleading information to prospective buyers who only find out the true story when they're actually in Spain - usually to their cost - go for it girl! (Congratulations and best of luck by the way on your news - another good idea from Fibby too, a new thread re Maternity services & care, I'm sure there are a lot of young couples yet to start families who would appreciate the advice).

All the best

Jackie

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 7:14 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

Congratulations, hope all goes well.

In my Company we fly in and out of airports and make use of "Off Airport" hotels - cheaper, convenient and easier parking for clients.

2. If targetting London clients only fine stay in London area, but if not maybe use the key regional airports of Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol.

That way you have an extensive UK client base and again can fly in and out with ease using the budget airlines.

You have credibility here in the UK without any doubt

anthony

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 8:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Maria

Congratulations on your happy baby news. Hope all goes well.

I deal with a lot of british lawyers and none have any experience with the Spanish legal system so for people to be able to get expert advice from yourself in the early stages would be great.

Could I pick your brains for a moment? Could you tell me what is the average lenghth of time it takes to get a refund for us having to pay for cancellation of builders mortgage? My solicitor and we did not agree we should have to pay but Halifax would not back down assuring us it would be refunded but when we and our solicitor asked them to agree a clause in the contract to agree to this they refused to. Thank you.

Gina

Like 0      
11 Mar 2007 10:33 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I think it's a great idea Maria but you'll probably get mobbed with questions

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 8:32 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

congratulations and good luck with you pregnancy. Your idea of legal sessions in the U.K sounds fantastic. If only we had been able to contact someone like you 5 years ago, i feel our life would have taken a nicer turn, instead, like many others we fell foul of bad agents, bad developers and bad agents lawyers,........big mistake!, and could have been so easily avoided had we been better informed.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 8:44 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Congratulations Maria on your happy news!  I wish you well. i think the "colesfamily" idea of  using a hotel near the airport is a good one. Failing that try and get one near a tube station in central London. The Cumberland near Marble Arch is a good one.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 11:13 AM by gail Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Hi Maria and congratulations!

As many of us have discovered to our cost, finding an honest and competent lawyer in Spain is no simple task. Because of your generous input on this and the Spanish Property Insight forums you have built a reputation for fair play and I'm sure that many people would be keen to use your legal services. We are all looking for legal advice we can trust.

My main question is what area of Spain will you be covering? If you plan to extend to deal with conveyancing in the costas then I think you would get so much business through these two forums that you would not have sufficient free time to visit London on a monthly basis.

Gail

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 12:38 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar

hello everyone,

is it advisable to give your solicitor power attorney. or to come over and do it yourself.it would be easier to leave it all to her but is that advisable. if anyone has had any experiences of/or advice it would be appriciated  good or bad.

thanks    jeff.

This message was last edited by tyrills on 3/17/2007.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 5:03 PM by lighthousepet Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Jeff,

According to my last telephone conversation with my lawyer, he has recommend me to sign the deeds on my own behalf. He has told me, that I will need to prepare the snagg list before the signature of the deeds.

Petro Ronshakov

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 5:38 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hola Maria,

You mentioned you were having a baby somewhere in the forum a few weeks ago. How exciting for you. Best of luck in your new venture. Think you'll need to market yourself well to make it worth your time but you've some months yet & I wouldn't be surprized if some of the members in the London area didn't come to say hi (especially if a new baby was around  Us woman are suckers for fussing over a new baby.  )

Janice

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 5:39 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Not wanting to go "off-thread" but, although in law it may be written that you can require that the snagging is done before completion, in reality (as Spanish law requires?????) you might just find that you will have to complete before the snagging is done!

We gave POA to our lawyers, and our agents have dealt with the snagging (although that may leave alot to be desired - we shall see next week!!).  I think what works best for you is the best course of action, so long as you have lawyers who you can trust!

Although, Petro, I believe what you have stated is the "legal" position in Spain.  Just depends on whom you wish to trust with the legal process of your property purchase.

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2007 12:38 PM by lighthousepet Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi,

My lawyer has informed to the promoter that we will not complete the purchase until the inspection of the property. We can not pay the balance to the vendor if we don't know the situation of the apartment, the promoter accepts our request and the snagg list will be done two hours before completion.

Agents? real states? They are independent? my lawyer will receive the balance of the legal fees if I don't complete the purchase, but the agent will not recive the full commission from the vendor! €€€€€€€! The agent is not an independent person in order to prepare the snagg list on my behalf. I agree with the lawyer, the purchaser is the only person who can inspect the property. If you can not fly to Spain in order to complete the purchase, a surveyor would act on your behalf in order to inspect the property.

I am not very happy with my real state.

Petro

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

paint - 31 posts
self storage at Gata de Gorges - 0 posts
Garden Furniture and Gas Barbecue in Mojacar area - 3 posts
This Thread Has Lost It's Thread - 8 posts
Thought Id telll you my expirience - 5 posts
All Things Sports - 301 posts
San Cayetano Quarter Villas - 12 posts
needing new home - 1 posts
restaurante hesparia en murcia - 0 posts
Iberian International Problems with? - 33 posts
How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x