Iceland

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I noticed that Iceland in San Javier have erected their roadside sign, with much activity in and around the store.

So, I guess it should not be long before they are operational. I hear early April on the "vine".

pilgrim

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 9:55 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi Pilgrim

That is good and will stop us trailing up to Torrevieja for OH´s horrible mushy peas!

Jean

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 1:18 PM by viva cape town Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Iciland.             what do they sell beside frozen food?

Viva cape town

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 7:05 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

Iceland in addition to frozen food, sell a good range of tinnned, fresh, deli foods, breads plus lots of other goods you will find in Iceland and Waitrose in the UK.

They also sell fresh veg, I don't know why as we all know this is available anywhere with quality being much better in spain 

Prices are generally about 25% higher than the uk price marked on the goods, a few prices are higher than this.

We have found that Iceland gives much better variety and value than other english goods supplierson the Costa Blanca.

All in all, a good store for UK goods.

Like 0      
23 Mar 2009 11:17 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

My hubby drove past the store this morning and noticed a lot of workmen in there.  He stopped and asked them when they were opening.  They are just clearing up and hope to open this wednesday.  My hubby is usually around that area every day so will let me know when it is officially open.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 5:39 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Iceland opened this morning and hubby says it was packed.  Apparently it is slightly unfinished as the cafe is not yet completed but other than that it´s open for business.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 5:49 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Yes, went to Iceland in San Javier this Wednesday afternoon.

Much drilling going on behind large tarpaulins but apart from that, very nice displays and crowds of people.

Just went in to have a look , on the way back from Murcia, took a basket just in case and yeeees, ended up with a huge load of stuff.

It´s blooming addictive!!!

Just wish they sold Jacksons bread instead of the one they stock but I guess you cannot have everything you want.

pilgrim

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 11:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Jed & Pilgrim

Thanks for the updates, we will be arriving around 10 am on a sunday morning any chance you could let me know opening times? Would be handier to pop in there for a few bits than have to go to the Dos

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 5:10 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Iceland is certainly open ´til 8pm in the evening, I seem to remember.

Going again on Friday for a bit more therapy, so will not the times of opening.

pilgrim

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 9:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Pilgrim

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 4:16 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

OK, so I braved the threatening hordes of my fellow countrymen ( and their partners ), muck and bullets everywhere!!

Fought my way to the front entrance of Iceland, San Javier, to see times of operation and report back, as promised. NADA!!.

So, I cornered the most attractive female Iceland employee to ask hours of operation, to which she replied "9am ´til 8pm Monday to Saturday inclusive, luv, but we are closed on Sunday.

So, I shal lick my wounds and prepare myself for another shopping therapy attack, in the near future.

pilgrim

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 10:42 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Cheers Pilgrim

So it's straight round to the Barracuda for us then LOL!

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 12:35 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Candy floss!!!!!!!!!!

You going Spain this Sunday?????????????

So are we!!!!!!!!!

E - mail me young lady, we need to meet up!

Can do Iceland if you are too hot on arrival, no probs................

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 9:16 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Fibs

No, not this Sunday, end of April, can't wait.

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 10:53 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Oh well, the wine will have to stay in the cooler!

Weather looks bad for our visit though, so you won't be missing much!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 4:42 AM by Elle2009 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

iceland open yeyy

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 6:20 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Yes, Iceland is open.

pilgrim

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 9:18 AM by Malvina Property Services Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

Malvina Property Services´s avatar

for all crossword fans

Clue: flightless bird from Iceland  6,6

scroll down for answer

.FROZEN CHICKEN

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 11:54 AM by jo222 Star rating in Aguilas. 32 posts Send private message

sorry, so where abouts is iceland in san javier? where else is there gonna be one?

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 4:09 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Iceland is on the N332 going away from Dos Mares towards San Javier on the left hand side of the road.

There is a huge roadside sign to help people locate the supermarket. You cannot miss it!!

Happy shopping!!

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Has anyone used 'Car trawler' for car hire - 44 posts
New Survey - 0 posts
Electricity Bills - 70 posts
FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE?? - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Free Energy Saving Lightbulbs from Iberdrola - 2 posts
Apartment for sale: sea-front, luxury beach & golf resort - 0 posts
Calahonda Business Fair - Come and say hola - 0 posts
Anyone using a Sharp HD Digital Television, bought in the UK, in Spain? - 4 posts
Help Needed With Contract - 7 posts
Storage space or garden for rent???? - 0 posts
Missing channels on Freesat - 9 posts
Original thread messages? - 0 posts
St Patricks Day - 8 posts
How do you claim against the Builder's Insurance? - 0 posts
Terrazas de Alcaucín - Developer is Peninsula - Anyone know anything - 2 posts
Renting to Russians - 1 posts
NHBC????? - 3 posts
Do you own property at Las kalendas EGM tomorrow night in Fortuna - 0 posts
uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her. - 0 posts
is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x