is it true?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by selj Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

we own our home,we are seperated and my husband has, without me knowing ,borrowed a large amount of money ,he now wants me to take a loan against the house so he can pay his debts off at a lower monthly amount .i have my doubts i dont trust him so am scared if i sign for this loan i will be left with it,if i dont sign could i loose my home, if the debts are only in his name will i still loose the house if he doesnt pay his debts,the house is in both our names,i would love an anwser as im given many stories by lawyers and friends,many thanks

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

If the loan is secured aganst your property then you could lose it if payments aren't kept up. Is it a house in the UK or in Spain? In the UK, if there are joint property owners a loan company should check the names on the deeds. If it is joint names on the deeds, then both are needed to give authority before a loan can be lodged against the property. If it is an unsecured loan, then no, they can't take your house, but you must attend the county court to state your case. If you don't go to the court, the judge could then issue a charging order against your other halfs half of the property.

Reading your post again suggests he has an unsecured loan. I would say no to using a secured loan as he could walk off owing the loan company, they will then take your property if you can't keep up his payments. Whatever though, make sure you find out when the/ if a court hearing is to be held.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 5:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

If you place the house as guarantee, it will be executed first hand. Better not to do it.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts
roundabouts in Spain - 43 posts
Wanted - Villa for long term rent - 1 posts
Hello finally finished! - 1 posts
Reliable lawyer needed Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Inspection flights for under £30! - 10 posts
Crime in Zeniamar - 1 posts
Looking for self drive van hire - 0 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 3 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 18 posts
Alterations to properties - 1 posts
Building alterations. - 6 posts
Further confirmation that deadline for modelo 210 non resident form is December - 7 posts
A VERY SAD LOSS - LEN BUCKNALL DUQUESA - 0 posts
Angel de Miraflores HELP - 2 posts
Todays paper - 2 posts
Anybody flying to Malaga in the next few days (preferably from Birmingham) - 4 posts
Does this affect anyone? - 2 posts
hi from newbie - 0 posts
home stuff - 13 posts
Mortgage Rates with Cajasol Bank Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x