Missing channels on Freesat

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

I have a 1.9mtr dish & Sky digibox with Free to Air Card, but I have lost Channel 4 & Channel 5 & I cannot get them back.  It just comes up Channel unavailable.  My intaller came pressed a few keys on the remote & said Sky had taken them off the air , this is a lie as my neighbourd get them on his system.  Anyone got any ideas how to get them back or could the card be faulty?

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 12:03 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

your installer is talking nonsence and really you should not use him if he is saying that.....as 10 million digital satellite housesholds in the UK would start to complain to sky if they had taken them off.

all that has happened is your box has updated its software and forgotten that there is a sky card in.

unplug the digibox from the mains....

remove the sky card...

plug back the digibox

let it boot up (maybe having to cange the defauklt tranponder to help the box boot up

go to sky one

get the message about "please insert your card"

insert your card

wait

the EPG will update and 104 and 105 (and the sister channels) will appear back int he EPG.

your "installer" should be embarrased about not knowing this....its "installers" like this that give the impression we are all cowboys all out to rip everyone off...but hopefully i have improved confidence that there are some good decent installers around.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 3/17/2009.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 2:23 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar

Hi knj,

We also had this problem last week - one evening could not get channels 4 or 5 and same message, I did not do anything and the next day they were back! 

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 5:15 PM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Thanks Satandpcguy all channels now back.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 6:00 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Glad i could help

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 9:50 AM by k8inspain Star rating in Inbetween Ibi Tibi &.... 7 posts Send private message

Had this problem this morning searched web for idea's, saw this thread, read it, tried it, and it has worked a treat. Thanks!!

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 10:23 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

again, glad i could help.

the bill is in the post!

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 2:50 PM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

My friend has the same system & same installer & is missing Channels 4 & 5.  I have been & follows sat&pacguy's instructions but when I try Channel 4 it says no sat signal & Channel 5 says you need to upgrade subscription & the same with Five USA.   All other channels seem to be OK.  It works with my 2 digi boxes why with my friend's?  Anyone any ideas?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 3:52 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

i may have an idea or two

c4 on 104 on a sky box's will be avauilable for about the same times as bbc2...and not 24/7...it is on the vewry weak horizontal frequency.

the message on 105 mean that you need an active viewingca rd to view.

if your viewing card has not had a signal from the satellite for about 2 months the card goes to sleep...it cn be awoken if you leave it in a digibox with a signal form the satellite...this should wake up the card...it can take 24,48 or even 72 hours to do this..although usually the siganl is sent around 2pm and 2am..

if it does not, or the card has not had a signal for a very long time (ie over 4 months) then the card has died and you will bneed a new card to view fives channels.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 4:22 PM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Thanks for that.  I have printted it out & will pass it on.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Original thread messages? - 0 posts
St Patricks Day - 8 posts
How do you claim against the Builder's Insurance? - 0 posts
Terrazas de Alcaucín - Developer is Peninsula - Anyone know anything - 2 posts
Renting to Russians - 1 posts
NHBC????? - 3 posts
Do you own property at Las kalendas EGM tomorrow night in Fortuna - 0 posts
uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her. - 0 posts
is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts
roundabouts in Spain - 43 posts
Wanted - Villa for long term rent - 1 posts
Hello finally finished! - 1 posts
Reliable lawyer needed Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Inspection flights for under £30! - 10 posts
Crime in Zeniamar - 1 posts
Looking for self drive van hire - 0 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 3 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 18 posts
Alterations to properties - 1 posts
Building alterations. - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x