Terrazas de Alcaucín - Developer is Peninsula - Anyone know anything

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by A worried mother Star rating in Redditch, UK. 3 posts Send private message

My son was purchasing an appartment on Terrazas de Alcaucin, originally through H2O, the developer is Peninsula, he was told the developer will not be finishing the properties, so the lawyer suggested he tries to get his money back, but now some time later, the lawyer has responded to say Peninsula have disappeared and are not responding, he suggests taking the developer to court, but will not do so unless we pay up front, is this usual, my son has already loosing euro 23K, not a lot to some, but everything to him

A very worried mother

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 9:21 PM by donefor Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

hi I cant comment on your development, but i had a similar situation, my lawyer wanted payment up front and 15%of any money he got back when i contacted another spanish solicitor they told me that I could nt win my case if i took it to the courts so there was no point paying someone for a case they couldnt win!!

anyway my advice is get a second opinion and take it from there.

best of luck 

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 7:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

There is always an initial provision of funds to be paid upfront. The final fee is not due till a solution/Court decission is in place and in the most of the cases, if you lose, you pay ( by judicial order).

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Renting to Russians - 1 posts
NHBC????? - 3 posts
Do you own property at Las kalendas EGM tomorrow night in Fortuna - 0 posts
uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her. - 0 posts
is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts
roundabouts in Spain - 43 posts
Wanted - Villa for long term rent - 1 posts
Hello finally finished! - 1 posts
Reliable lawyer needed Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Inspection flights for under £30! - 10 posts
Crime in Zeniamar - 1 posts
Looking for self drive van hire - 0 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 3 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 18 posts
Alterations to properties - 1 posts
Building alterations. - 6 posts
Further confirmation that deadline for modelo 210 non resident form is December - 7 posts
A VERY SAD LOSS - LEN BUCKNALL DUQUESA - 0 posts
Angel de Miraflores HELP - 2 posts
Todays paper - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x