uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by oh4hindsight Star rating in worcs. 14 posts Send private message

Hola

Both have their fair share of problems agreed, but am delighted to hear that after umming and arring my best friend's decided enoughs enough, the UK is on self destruct mode, and has decided to sell up in the uk before her property dives in value again and buy in Spain- after renting longterm to test the area obviously.
I said: are you sure? as she is a bit of a rut-pup, and she said, she's accepted the UK is going into a 1930 depression, property is falling by her by a minimum of £20grand per house,and now her 2 kids have safe jobs its now or never. With that in mind she's decided to downsize and buy a small UK property with a builder that will pay her mortgage for 2yrs (she didnt need one but took one out a tiny one just to move and have the financial benefit offered from the builder eg hips,stamp,moving fees etc) plus she will be nearer an airport that flies winter and summer to where she is going. Anyhow she is buying in Spain and as I speak its almost a done deal.
what I wanted to say was, she has been lookiing on here for a while reading what people say etc and she found it factual,friendly and funny but more so noted people call it as they see it, so I am sending thanks to you all.
I know downsizing in the UK when the kids get jobs etc seems a big leap, but she is so so happy she has pushed them out as it means she is free to do what is right for her. Janice I said, you and Mick have been excellent parents, but when you get to 50 you dont need that big 4 bed house anymore, what you need is a smaller 3 bed property (if you must hang onto something in the UK) and near to an airport that flies all year not just in certain months then you can 'buy-right' and come and go as you please not as the airline pleases. She burst into tears as she was pleased to hear these words as they lifted any guilt about urging her kids to stand on their own feet and cut the apron strings.
What can I say other than she is now on the way over with her cats after doing all the micro jab stuff and is like a new women, a fair few wrinkles have faded and she doesnt have panic attacks anymore. Janice occ uses my login to mooch around here for info she seeks, then she calls me to share it, so I have to say: folks living in Spain, ALL your points of info fact or opinion have made her sit up and see how her life was going down the panand how to turn it around.
Yes Spain has its issues, but nothing like the £40grand bill per person to bail out the UK?
I want to echo her thanks, without a forum like this my best friend would never have had a place to turn to for the info she needed to make a decision she is more than happy with that suits her and Mick.  As for the kids? They can visit when they want, but its time for them to go their own ways and free up the coffers for mum and dad.
If anyone reading this forum site in need of info or advise, I say this : you wont find better, honest and supportivie people than here.
If anyone is thinking of downsizing in the UK to flee to Spain, well this is the place to knock around your thoughts and questions. Some answers may not be what you want to hear but they will be voiced for your own protection, kinda like a nudge into reality, but the majority of answers will be given from those who have trodden the path before you, and their experience etc is invaluable,honest and priceless.
I thank you all for helping my friend do what was right for her, as a friend I backed off as it had to come from her, and through this site all her dreams have come true. I cant think of a better way to show that its not always British is Best but more so BritishCome Spanish is best, at least you can say you lived life to the max. Now so can Janice and Mick, their new adventure is about to begin and I thank you all for helping her climb out of the rut she felt she was in due to the state of the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts
roundabouts in Spain - 43 posts
Wanted - Villa for long term rent - 1 posts
Hello finally finished! - 1 posts
Reliable lawyer needed Costa Blanca North - 0 posts
Inspection flights for under £30! - 10 posts
Crime in Zeniamar - 1 posts
Looking for self drive van hire - 0 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 3 posts
Tres Molinos, Murcia - 18 posts
Alterations to properties - 1 posts
Building alterations. - 6 posts
Further confirmation that deadline for modelo 210 non resident form is December - 7 posts
A VERY SAD LOSS - LEN BUCKNALL DUQUESA - 0 posts
Angel de Miraflores HELP - 2 posts
Todays paper - 2 posts
Anybody flying to Malaga in the next few days (preferably from Birmingham) - 4 posts
Does this affect anyone? - 2 posts
hi from newbie - 0 posts
home stuff - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x