First time visit!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

Here is more successful publicity to date,

http://www.business24-7.ae/articles/2009/1/pages/01142009_b5615b7578054745ac9bf2f9d089d8db.aspx

and

http://uk.mortgagenews.biz/property-news/cloud-over-new-homes-in-the-sun-as-spanish-banks-renege-on-guarantees

BUT more exposure is needed, more signatures are required and more influential people involved. 

If you're in a similar position to me you can help by taking or sending your story to your MP together with copies of these articles.  We have 9 days left before the petition is scheduled to be sent.  Please keep the letters flowing.  And keep the signatures coming.

Thanks to all those of you who are still behind the petition.

ruth

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/spanishbankguarantees.html

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 12:46 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good luck!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 10:07 AM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

The petition is now closed.  229 lines of signatures and some of those are couples.

The petition is to be taken to Madrid shortly, and I will be in touch with those who provided an email address privately.

Many thanks to those who signed and supported and cheered me on.  A big thank you to Justin who allowed me to promote it on this Forum.

I hope that the Governor of the Bank of Spain can now see that we have a compelling case, and that he will take it on board and do something about the banks' behaviours.

I will report on any progress so watch this space.

ruth

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 11:49 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Well done Ruth.

You have worked really  hard to get the petition publicised and it is sad that more people affected by it's issues did not have the conviction to add their name.

Sadder still is the knowlege that people, when the economic climate is right, are still eager to purchase in Spain  and that when they do, in all probability, nothing will have changed the Spanish way of doing things.

The only real way of bringing about change is to NOT BUY in Spain until they put their house in order. Rather like boycotting a particular supermarket until they sort out their prices. We know that works!!

My fingers are crossed that you receive, at least, an acknowledgement and at best can affect some change.

Good Luck !

Like 0      
02 Feb 2009 1:45 PM by nickname Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Ruth,

I have just seen this - is it too late to add my details - I can send you direct if no longer available on line?

Ian

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 4:20 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Today I received the following reply from Roger Helm in response to an email I sent to him requesting he view the two petitions, and also that he visit Eye on Spain if he required further information.

Thank you for bringing the website to my attention.  This issue is one of the highest-profile and longest-running that the Petitions Committee has dealt with over the years.  I and many colleagues on the Committee are scandalised at the injustices imposed on property owners in Spain, and will keep doing our best to resolve the problem.

Best regards.

ROGER HELMER MEP

www.rogerhelmer.com

A bit more encouraging than the reply from the other MEP that I contacted. Although, in fairness, when I complained about his perceived attitude I did get an email explaining why he came across as he did.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2009 7:46 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Sandra, that is a very encouraging response...the best I've seen!

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 1:34 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Tish and Ruth,

After I sent an email to my local (Lib.) MP regarding the    Bank Guarantees petition he forwarded it to Bill Newton Dunn for his help.Today I received the following email from my   MP's  assistant. It was in reply to a complaint I sent to him about the tone of a reply I received from Bill Newton Dunn .  :-

Dear Sandra,

Further to....
Paul will be happy to look into this further and perhaps discuss it at parliamentary level particularly given the numbers of people involved. If you would like him to do so we would need more specific details?
Regards
Denise

Are you interested it appears he is willing to take up the case?? He could bring it to the attention of the PM.

I can write and ask what details he requires.

It is possibly names, addresses and amounts involved. Do you think people who signed the petition would be willing to supply such information?

If any of those people read this they could maybe let their views be known and I can then reply to my MP.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2009 4:39 PM by dave chis Star rating in San Juan De Los Terr.... 38 posts Send private message

dave chis´s avatar

This is brilliant...Well done...I have just come across this also. Anyone here know anyone from T.V. land. I think if this was on GMTV etc  then could be thousands will sign up. I have noticed over the past few months that problems re builders etc have been mounting weekly. It could be the perfect time for Spain to be forced to clean it's act up.....

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 5:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congrats Sandra!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 8:55 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Sandra,

I would suggest you pm Ruth. She is the one to talk to. Well done you!!!

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 9:44 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

I am happy to provide my details if necessary to help raise the profile of this issue, about time the MEP's got off the gravy train and start to do something useful.

Kel

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 12:13 PM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

Sandra - I've PMed you.

Dave Chis - I've tried all the TV programmes and had no response - very disappointing.  If anyone does have a contact I'd love to hear.

Letters going out to all who gave their email addresses on the petition within the next couple of days - watch your inbox.

More info will follow as and when I get it.

Thanks everyone

Ruth

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 12:20 AM by pattison1951 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi .

Just recently discovered this site and it is fantastic to hear the issues, my husband and I  are also having no joy, if you need any more names or info. for future petitions etc, don't hesitate to contact us.   You are right, I have a friend that is an MEP, I will contact

him regarding the issues so many are having in Spain, don't know why I had'nt thought of it.

pattison1951

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 12:20 AM by pattison1951 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi .

Just recently discovered this site and it is fantastic to hear the issues, my husband and I  are also having no joy, if you need any more names or info. for future petitions etc, don't hesitate to contact us.   You are right, I have a friend that is an MEP, I will contact

him regarding the issues so many are having in Spain, don't know why I had'nt thought of it.

pattison1951

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity/Water Meters - 8 posts
Boats and Boating Sailing in Spain ! Help required? - 0 posts
Whats your perfect golfing holiday? - 0 posts
Has anybody had any luck with regularising and registering their illegally built house ??? - 4 posts
private schools in costa blanca are now too expensive - 5 posts
Ford Explorer for sale LHD UK plates - 1 posts
Doin the vida loca... - 1 posts
What do YOU want out of a Property Management company - 2 posts
advice needed - 3 posts
maintanance fees in the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
TV, Internet & Telephone via Satellite - 5 posts
Wanted, long-term rental Altea - 0 posts
cheapest place to buy terrace furnature - 6 posts
Stack of old computers. - 0 posts
Driving to Guardamar from the South Coast, quickest and cheapest route? - 2 posts
Oh the joys of living in the country... - 12 posts
Brand New Community...... - 6 posts
Hi, - 0 posts
Speed limits. - 10 posts
The Mar Menor - 6 posts
Live Obama inauguration on CBS news - 0 posts
I'm new! - 0 posts
Aifos bankruptcy claim has been accepted. - 1 posts
Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening? - 15 posts
We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x