Boats and Boating Sailing in Spain ! Help required?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar

Help all! Right when you come to Spain you can go and change your UK car driving license for a Spanish one. No that doesnt even exist as every one can now use your UK euro license. Well for boats its different. I have held a UK ICC boat license for 10 years , I have owned a boat for 30 years , yet I cannot change my licence for a Spanish "Patron" boat license. It gets worse , I am now taking a Spanish exam course P.E.R. in spanish and I hope to pass in April, but even when I do pass I still cannot drive my boat as the license im taking now is only up to 8 meters , my last license was up to 25 meters and my boat is 15 meters. This exam is costing me 850 euro and once finished I have to retake a further yachtmaster spanish exam to enable me to drive my boat. At a furthe cost of 1250 euro. Does anyone know a way around this?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Whats your perfect golfing holiday? - 0 posts
Has anybody had any luck with regularising and registering their illegally built house ??? - 4 posts
private schools in costa blanca are now too expensive - 5 posts
Ford Explorer for sale LHD UK plates - 1 posts
Doin the vida loca... - 1 posts
What do YOU want out of a Property Management company - 2 posts
advice needed - 3 posts
maintanance fees in the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
TV, Internet & Telephone via Satellite - 5 posts
Wanted, long-term rental Altea - 0 posts
cheapest place to buy terrace furnature - 6 posts
Stack of old computers. - 0 posts
Driving to Guardamar from the South Coast, quickest and cheapest route? - 2 posts
Oh the joys of living in the country... - 12 posts
Brand New Community...... - 6 posts
Hi, - 0 posts
Speed limits. - 10 posts
The Mar Menor - 6 posts
Live Obama inauguration on CBS news - 0 posts
I'm new! - 0 posts
Aifos bankruptcy claim has been accepted. - 1 posts
Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening? - 15 posts
We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts
It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents) - 121 posts
long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x