Speed limits.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Hi.

I can't seem to find out the speed limits on Spanish roads.

For example.

I drive to Alicante airport twice a week to drop off/collect my husband on the N332.

There are signs every so often advising limits of 60 and 80.  I read somewhere that the general limit on main roads is 90. So does that mean that the limit on the N332 is 90 apart from the designated stretches? I can't tell by following the lead of the locals as they seem to be either ton up merchants or kerb crawlers around here.

Laury

(perhaps kerb crawlers is the wrong description really)

Laury

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 4:39 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

• 120 km/h on motorways.
  • 100 km/h on dual carriageways.
  • 90 km/h on single carriageway roads.
  • 50 km/h in towns.

Of course, unless otherwise marked

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 5:09 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Many thanks.

So my 90 - 95 on the N332 isn't really slow then...

So why does everyone drive right up my bum and try to push me faster?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 9:26 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

In my opinion, simply because there is virtually no police presence on the roads.

I believe the huge death toll on Spanish roads is mainly due to people driving over the speed limit too close to the vehicle in front. I am amazed there are not more catastrophies!!

There is almost always a fatality and the condition of the vehicle after the accident usually bears witness. Very sad.

pilgrim

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 12:01 PM by jmtwsm Star rating in Sabinillas CDS. 191 posts Send private message

jmtwsm´s avatar

Every time I start to get annoyed with Spanish drivers, I just thank god that I'm not in Italy, where they drive much faster and closer.

Jon

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 1:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Anyone had a hire car capable of only doing 40KM/hr  on the N332 where they're working on widening it  around the La Mata area ? (Even though each time we've been along it there haven't been any sign of workers). We've kept to the speed limit (40) but ,even with solid white lines down the centre of the road, drivers have crept up into our boot almost, & papped us for a good few secs as they've stormed past.

We get so excited when limit changes to 60KM/hr.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2009 3:00 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

last time I was over I obeyed the speed limit of 60kph and had somebody driving right up my bumper, when he shot passed me (on a solid white line) two motor bikes passed at high speed then put there flashing blue lights on. They pulled him over and I pressume he contributed to their Christmas fund. Just shows the police are sometimes about.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 1:16 PM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I have got my first two tickets in Spain this year. Obviously the Spanish police has started to control the speeding.

The funny thing is, the police in Andalusia managed to delete me from the computer system. So I am not losing any points though!

Thanks to the twisty roads, the Spanish are in general rather good drivers. The problem is, that there are others who are not used to this traffic and are less enthusiastic drivers. I think the main problem is lack of concentration. Spanish traffic is too hectic for day-dreaming.

I don't day-dream, I put the music off, I don't talk much while driving. I drive.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 1:53 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello Mountain Walker.

You dont day dream You dont put the music on. Hardly talk but you speed. Hmm. I presume that you do not hold a Spanish licence. If this is so I know the reason why you have not received any points. I am not going to tell you as it may encourage you to speed again. Enjoy the walks.

myra cecilia

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 2:39 PM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar
** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

pilgrim

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 6:35 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

It appears I have blundered??

I am told to "respect the terms of posting". Please tell me what on earth I have done to disrespect the terms??

I cannot even remember if I contributed to this thread recently but I can always claim senility!!

Please somebody in editorial reply, to allow me to apologise, at least!!

pilgrim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The Mar Menor - 6 posts
Live Obama inauguration on CBS news - 0 posts
I'm new! - 0 posts
Aifos bankruptcy claim has been accepted. - 1 posts
Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening? - 15 posts
We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts
It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents) - 121 posts
long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of....... - 0 posts
Free Holiday in Andalucian Farmhouse in exchange for House & Animal Sit - 1 posts
Valuation of property - 2 posts
A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x