maintanance fees in the Costa del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by katona Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I've just bought a property  6 month ago in a 24 apartment complex and my maintanace fee is €720/year.The complex only has a very small swimming pool,underground parking space but no garden,no plants.As I found out the guy who does (suppose to do)the maintanance gets €10.000/year wages for the maintanace.I found it very harsh.Am I right?

Eve

Like 0      
21 Jan 2009 1:51 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Katona ,

Welcome to EOS.

Is the maintenance man full-time?

€10.000 per year for a full-time job does not sound over-paid (harsh) to me.

The question is, do  the tasks need some-one full-time?

If not, can some-one be employed part-time to do the work for less money?

Would it be possible to engage a maintenance company to do the work for less money?

All these things must be taken into consideration.

Why not have a word with other residents and the president of your community and voice your concerns at the cost? You may have your own proposals of how the jobs can be done cheaper.

There are a number of people on EOS who are far better qualified and experienced than me with the running costs of a community.

If you go to the 'Owning a property' section of the 'General Forum' then click on 'Running a community' you will find lots of helpful information and answers to your query.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2009 7:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Your fees are not particularly high. To maintain a pool (even a small one) is not cheap, if there is a lift, that is not cheap either. Split between just 24 properties, each owner is going to have to pay more than if it was a larger complex. Even if the maintenance man is not full time (which I doubt he is on that wage), if he is available at short notice for emergencies, and keeps everything else in good order and running properly, I'd say you have the ideal set up. You'd be surprised just how much maintenance even a small building needs. Of course, if the jobs isn't being done properly, that's another matter.

If you want to know where your money goes, ask the president of your community, or the administrator, for a copy of the annual budget that was agreed at the AGM.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 10:02 AM by katona Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Beat that!!The president does the maintanace with his wife decided by themself.Plaster coming off the building,his wife cleanings 1x a week( if we lucky),life bulbs missing from lamps and I've just found out about their wage and it is €10.000/year.The next community meeting will be in June but I feel I paying for nothing.Last year they left the building without maintanace for 3 month while they went on holiday.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TV, Internet & Telephone via Satellite - 5 posts
Wanted, long-term rental Altea - 0 posts
cheapest place to buy terrace furnature - 6 posts
Stack of old computers. - 0 posts
Driving to Guardamar from the South Coast, quickest and cheapest route? - 2 posts
Oh the joys of living in the country... - 12 posts
Brand New Community...... - 6 posts
Hi, - 0 posts
Speed limits. - 10 posts
The Mar Menor - 6 posts
Live Obama inauguration on CBS news - 0 posts
I'm new! - 0 posts
Aifos bankruptcy claim has been accepted. - 1 posts
Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening? - 15 posts
We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts
It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents) - 121 posts
long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x