Electricity/Water Meters

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Can anyone suggest an ACCURATE weather forecast site for Costa Blanca South (Alicante to say Torrevieja). I'm coming out tomorrow for the weekend, and the 3 sites that I use the most have very different forecasts for saturday

• 19C & Sunny
  • 21 C & Cloudy
  • 23C and Part Cloudy

After cold, wet, stormy England, any of these is welcome,  and I guess that II will find out for myself on saturday, but If anyone has a site that they think is good, pls let me know

Thanks

This message was last edited by Hammersfan on 1/22/2009.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 6:20 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

HI long time no hear.

A good weather site  that I use is the msn one. you can set the weather for santa pola as it applies for the airport.  This does vary but use the three hourly update to get the best.

There is a link for the weather from the alicante airport site but I dont know how good it is.

Steve

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 9:47 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Hammersfan

I know what you mean, as I have 3 different websites under my favourites, and they are never the same!  We live inland, in Jumilla.

Canalmeteo -  http://canalmeteo.laverdad.es shows a maximum of 18.2 and cloudy for tomorrow.

AEmet - http://www.aemet.es shows a high of 18 and very cloudy for tomorrow.

WeatherBug - http://weather.weatherbug.co.uk/Spain/ has a high of 17, cloudy and windy.

In fact, the forecasts for tomorrow are fairly close, but sometimes they are very different.  AEmet is usually the most accurate.  I think I'll travel to the coast on Saturday as the forecast for here is 13, 16 or 17, so in theory you could be 10 degrees warmer!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2009 2:38 PM by elporton Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Start here http://www.canalmeteo.com/ciudad.php?id_ciudad=169 and then look at other towns nearby

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 12:15 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies. Interestingly none of the sites that I normaklly use predicted the strong winds..But we managed to find a shetered spot in Santa pola where the teparature reached the mid twenties in the sun...lovely jubbly

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 9:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We are in CDS and yesterday the weather forecast predicted rain for today.  

Although it was windy today we had a gloriously sunny day without  a hint of rain!

Seems the weather forecasts just aren't very good these days!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 9:51 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I'm beginning to think that the best weather forecast is:

Wake up in the morning, get out of bed and look out a window!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 12:30 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Great , I'll remember that when I'm in the UK tryiing to find out what it's likely to be like in Spain on my next visit

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 12:52 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

LOL

Well I have been saying that the weather here on the CDS over the last few weeks has been more like UK weather, although nowhere near so cold. It's been chucking it down with rain recently, however today it's a glorious sunny day, as it was yesterday, but there is a biting strong wind, so as long as you’re out of the wind, in the sun, tis really nice!

I always said that my comments are useful in the same way as large heavy brick would be to someone floating on water. !?!?!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 1/27/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Boats and Boating Sailing in Spain ! Help required? - 0 posts
Whats your perfect golfing holiday? - 0 posts
Has anybody had any luck with regularising and registering their illegally built house ??? - 4 posts
private schools in costa blanca are now too expensive - 5 posts
Ford Explorer for sale LHD UK plates - 1 posts
Doin the vida loca... - 1 posts
What do YOU want out of a Property Management company - 2 posts
advice needed - 3 posts
maintanance fees in the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
TV, Internet & Telephone via Satellite - 5 posts
Wanted, long-term rental Altea - 0 posts
cheapest place to buy terrace furnature - 6 posts
Stack of old computers. - 0 posts
Driving to Guardamar from the South Coast, quickest and cheapest route? - 2 posts
Oh the joys of living in the country... - 12 posts
Brand New Community...... - 6 posts
Hi, - 0 posts
Speed limits. - 10 posts
The Mar Menor - 6 posts
Live Obama inauguration on CBS news - 0 posts
I'm new! - 0 posts
Aifos bankruptcy claim has been accepted. - 1 posts
Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening? - 15 posts
We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts
It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents) - 121 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x