Did anyone else see Rixxy on TV this evening?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

The One Show did a piece from Fuengirola highlighting the plight of elderly and  (recently made)  jobless Brits who are struggling with the effects of ; the exchange rate on their pensions and of the lack of jobs due to the general economic downturn.

Inez was asked about the increasing numbers of people  who are hoping to sell up and return to the UK but who were finding it not so easy to sell with the stagnated/collapsed property market..

They painted a quite dismal picture. 

It made me feel quite gloomy.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 9:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Always good to be able to put a face to a name .

The problem with the media is that they have had their five minutes dragging the World's economies to their knees, it was very reminiscent of the Trevor McDoughnut programme, they have been done to death. It's about time they started behaving a bit more responsibly and bigging up the various economies now. I know there is a lot of bad news out there, but there is also a lot of good news, problem is it is all swept under the carpet, and the bad news sells better .

Mark

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 9:57 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes we did, very depressing it seems to be pensioner's that have been in Spain for a long time and cannot afford the downturn.or a partner has died.  But I am afraid that is a fact of life one of you has to go first depressing I know  

It  does seem to be more expensive to live on the Costa del Sol so perhaps they are feeling the crunch more, Rixxy should be able to tell us   

At least the people going out now will be used to the economic climate as it is now, not as it once was.

Pat 

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 10:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola Guapos y Guapas! I managed to miss it! They interviewed me for about 1.5 hours last week - and on for a fleeting second.

Its true many are finding it hard to sell, but also many are still unrealistic about their pricing if they NEED to sell. Many people arent desperate and general true consensus is that not everyone has to sell and sell fast! In this climate some will get burned, but many will ride the storm

And I dont know where its coming from there isnt any work. I have been in Spain nearly 15 years now and never out of work! There is more around now than when I first came, for those who want to that is! I have more hours filled than I like, but you gotta do what you gotta do, and with 2 kids, I gotta do it!

Properties are selling and its a normal market now, yes some bargains, but not as many as you would think. Having said that, I dont think we have hit the bottom as yet!

Take it easy folks!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 10:54 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Rixxy,

Yes thanks for that just as we thought they seem to pick on the negative side not the positive not good TV.

Getting used to seeing you on TV now.  You looked good, just a question do they pay you or am I being silly here 

Regards Pat

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 10:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes I know. They ask a wuestion, I answer it and some of the answers will be in the engative but I try to balance it too - thats cut out!

No, dont get paid but its great publicity for my business! Im also in a 2 part documentary called Coast of Dreams to be shown on ITV late spring/early summer too! They filmed 2 auctions last autumn and followed 2 cases of sellers as well as a couple of buyers!

At this rate I will have to get a manager!!! 

You might be seeing more of me sooner (that sounds a bit er uhmmmmm!)

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 11:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Those in the UK can watch it on BBC iPlayer HERE though, when I watch it ,it tends to stop/start a lot.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/19/2009.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 11:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well that is good then you will have to let us all know when you are on next, especially if we are seeing more of you  people will be flocking in to see you.

Rixxy you will have to get that spell checker I have told you about it before, your fingers are going to fast.

Take care Pat

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 11:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks More! Wish I could get it here.

Theyre sending me a dvd of it - apparently!!!

You wont have to wait too long, but I cant divulge Im afraid!!

I hate the spell checker, but yes I must slow the fingers down

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 8:43 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the link More. I just watched it on iPlayer.  All very depressing really.

And yes...I can access iPlayer from Spain!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 9:30 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Do you use a proxy server Justin?

I've often thought about trying one to get the iplayers and such but heard hey were generally too slow.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 11:18 AM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

I saw it live yesterday...which of the people interviewed was Rixxy?

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 11:25 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Laury, it's not through a proxy but a VPN.  I've got it through a company that is starting to market this service (it is perfectly legal).  Am testing it, will let you know what I think soon.

Hammersfan, Rixxy was the "Property expert"

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 4:00 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Justin. I'd appreciate your views later and also a link perhaps?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 4:10 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Caught me out at first as I only saw Inez and immediately thought of another forum . But now I know, one and the same .

Mark

Like 0      
21 Jan 2009 5:17 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I have just watched part of the One Show, using the VPN.  Regarding the VPN, we signed up to it a few months ago, and considering we are using WIFI, not broadband, find it pretty good.  It's better if we actually download using i-Player and then watch something, rather than viewing online programmes.

I agree with comments regarding the angle of the show, which seemed to focus on the negative.  Where were they buying their coffees?!  We stayed near Estepona recently and didn't find anywhere charging that amount - I'm sure it wasn't much more than we pay here - and where we live in Jumilla we pay a maximum of 1 euro.  Also, the Spanish health service has been praised by everybody I know that has used it.  If one family member is working legally (i.e. employer pays social security) or one is over UK state pension age, then the family is covered for free healthcare, so far as I am aware, wherever they live in Spain.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We are moving to Spain in June this year and will be living near Murcia City. - 0 posts
It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents) - 121 posts
long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of....... - 0 posts
Free Holiday in Andalucian Farmhouse in exchange for House & Animal Sit - 1 posts
Valuation of property - 2 posts
A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts
Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x